Nike Air Zoom Kobe V Review - The Greatest Basketball Shoe of ALL TIME

I sprained my ankles in low tops and high tops, only diffrence is when I spained it in high tops I was sore for about a week and was 100% after that week.......in the low tops I couldn't walk for 2 weeks had to get cruches and x rays done and wasn't back to 100 percent intill about 3 months later.......... I landed the same way on somebodys foot both times. I hear people always say it doesn't matter low or high I bet you kobe wouldn't have missed as many games if not any, if he had a little more protection, but if your game is like bibby and you don't jump at all you should be fine with low tops, but if you drive a lot hopefully you don't land on somebodys foot cause your gonna roll your ankle in high or low tops but your ankle might break if its not protected.
Kobe ankles are taped ever game, so I understand he wants to have freedom around his ankle cause it taped already........lol at you guys playing full pick up games untaped in the kobe v, good luck hope you have medical insurance

anyone encountered these after playing ball in the DKs?
sick.gif
got this from another forum.

Originally Posted by shakenbake

sick.gif

Was that person playing indoors or outdoors? I've played in my DK for about a month (5-6 hours per week) outdoors and I havent had these problems as yet and I play outdoors on a really beat up court.

Originally Posted by shakenbake

sick.gif
This is kind of happening to my chaos, I'll post pics later. I only play on hardwood as well

^^ the floor must've had rocks or something... nike would treat that as wear and tear anyways since it is the sole of the shoe.

(Crappy Cell
eyes.gif
) pics of my chaos:

(That tear by the Carbon Fiber)

Edit: Just noticed the tear on MY pair is at the same area as the DKs posted

When the shoe is flexed, the carbon fiber plate must start sticking out (since it's meant to be rigid, but the midsole is not) and is causing the thin outsole to tear where it sticks out.

what's with Kobe shoes being so disposable? Is this expedited deterioration a new feature Nike is implementing in his line?

The IV were good out of the box and for about 60 hours of bball before they brokedown noticeable, and now that V's soles start to deteriorate after balling indoors?

Sorry, but I've just found a new, perhaps more legit reason to say "Kobe's shoes suck".

Originally Posted by clkru

what's with Kobe shoes being so disposable? Is this expedited deterioration a new feature Nike is implementing in his line?

The IV were good out of the box and for about 60 hours of bball before they brokedown noticeable, and now that V's soles start to deteriorate after balling indoors?

Sorry, but I've just found a new, perhaps more legit reason to say "Kobe's shoes suck".

lol? because a few people posted the problem out of the THOUSANDS OF PAIRS that were sold.. they suck?

right... i balled at least 10+ hours in my aways and another 6+ in my valentines.. i have yet to experience the problem.

^ lol, yikes, no need to get so defensive over a shoe. especially a Kobe shoe.

Anyway, based off of the photos, it looks more like a design issue that could end up impacting all versions of the shoe... but maybe its simply a problem on the DK and Chaos pairs... we'll likely never know the extent of how many pairs are affected in the same way, (especially on here with the large vocal population of diehard Kobe loyalists).

But my Kobe-hate aside, the pics really don't make me eager to run out and drop a dime on the V as a bball shoe.

Anyone up for flexing their Kobe's to see if the rigid midfoot plate sticks out and may contribute toward tearing the outsole ala KeonClark7's hypothesis?

I probably weigh more than anyone that's posted pics (230 on a good day), and I haven't had any sort of problem like that, either in the DK or the Aways (my two shoe balling rotation)

hey i got a few questions and was wondering if anyone can help me out? i tried on vs today and noticed that they were hurting the arches on my feet. i didnt have a problem with the kb ivs nor the hyperdunks...has anyone else experienced this? any suggestions? thanks

posted this on the kobe V thread that got locked up:

you guys that are complaining/worried about traction or having them hurt your arch:
traction = just keep playing in them and they'll get better. i've yet to run into traction problems playing on dusty tiles and hardwood.
arch = you're tying your shoes too tight. untie them and then tie them snugly, not tightly.

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

posted this on the kobe V thread that got locked up:

you guys that are complaining/worried about traction or having them hurt your arch:
traction = just keep playing in them and they'll get better. i've yet to run into traction problems playing on dusty tiles and hardwood.
arch = you're tying your shoes too tight. untie them and then tie them snugly, not tightly.

this.

Loosen up the whole laces, too, not just the top few loops. It'll make all the difference in the world

I just got these and am pretty impressed. I love the fit, and they're very light. However, the cushioning really could've been better. To be honest, I don't really feel the "zoom" at all in the forefoot, and although it feels like there's some foam padding/cushioning, I liked the cushioning in the IVs much better even though I'm a huge fan of zoom air shoes. I also think that the Kobe IIs and Is have better cushioning than the IVs or Vs.

I probably wouldn't agree with the claim "greatest basketball shoe of all time", and for someone on the last page that said these are better than any jordan, the XIIs, XIIIs, XIVs, XVIs, and XXIs are all more comfortable to me than this shoe. Each of those have better cushioning, are more supportive, and are more durable in my opinion. I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, just disagreeing. That being said, these are the first Nike BBall shoes that I was excited to get on a release day in a while, and they're pretty good. I'd probably give them a 9/10, and if they can put in a little bit more responsive cushioning in next year, this would be one of the best bball sneakers...

^

I believe it was lunar foam in the forefoot of the IV's, that's why they were excellent out of the box.

Doesn't zoom take a few hours to break into anyways?

This is like the 5th time I've had to say this in the past two days
tired.gif
tired.gif
. Kobe Vs need to be broken into for at least 5 hours before they become performance monsters
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

^^agreed... esp for the traction to be top knotch
they start off a little stiffer, but they end up great

The kobe v's feel really unstable for me
the outriggers helped me once. but i see it just giving out the next time i step on someone.
the cushion is great. my knees get the cushion they need
but i feel like the shoe itself is really delicate. i can't fully use my strength when using these.. just my opinion

^ the V's feel very stable to me, actually, because of how low my feet are to the floor.
i think if they feel really unstable to you, you might just be insecure about how minimal this shoe is.

^ yeah your right. i also felt unstable when i first used a low top (ZK4s) shoe for balling. i did not jump hard and just shot around the perimeter and i did not penetrate. turns out it was just psychological. i did not roll my ankles in more than a year using kobe's.. i have the AML7s which was out of my rotation in playing ball when i first tried on the zk5. i felt that the brons were unstable becuase of the high profile 360 am unit. the ZK5 are more stable than the ZK4s imo because of them being more low profile even though the difference is minimal. hope you give the ZK5s a try again in the future because its a performance monster. but as always, to each his own.  i respect your opinion sir eenxsoon.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom