Nike PG 5 - $110 - Out Now

Since basketball is starting up again in my area I have been searching for kicks for the winter. I have a decent rotation of Kobe’s but as I get older, the more cushion I need. My older Kobe’s are not good for ball anymore as they have been worn down (thanks for the cheap foam, Nike) and I don’t wanna beat up my kobe protros unless Nike starts producing more which doesn’t appear to be on the roadmap for them.

So I tried on the pg5 and Kd14 today and I don’t understand how this shoe doesn’t get more love. It feels like a Kobe but with cushion on steroids. I’ll break em in during my workouts this week and then try to ball in them next weekend.

Since basketball is starting up again in my area I have been searching for kicks for the winter. I have a decent rotation of Kobe’s but as I get older, the more cushion I need. My older Kobe’s are not good for ball anymore as they have been worn down (thanks for the cheap foam, Nike) and I don’t wanna beat up my kobe protros unless Nike starts producing more which doesn’t appear to be on the roadmap for them.

So I tried on the pg5 and Kd14 today and I don’t understand how this shoe doesn’t get more love. It feels like a Kobe but with cushion on steroids. I’ll break em in during my workouts this week and then try to ball in them next weekend.

Facts! PG line is underrated performance wise and looks wise. Great hoop shoes. Like the 4s best for cushion.

Facts! PG line is underrated performance wise and looks wise. Great hoop shoes. Like the 4s best for cushion.

PG5’s are definitely my favorite shoes to ball in this year, even over the KD14’s and I have two of each in the rotation. I’d say it’s gonna coast to shoe of the year for me but the AJ 36’s got me hyped and I’ll find out about them tomorrow.

1635231016474.jpeg

1635231042246.jpeg

Good to see PG finally wearing the current model again.
Only in the beginning of the season and during prime time games does he wear the current model.

Come playoff time it will strictly be 1’s only with a sprinkle of the 2.5’s here and there lmao:lol:

I had the possibilty to buy the black/red for 60. I'm in your same position, Kobes are my go to shoe and fit my feet like a glove but I dont gonna mess my protros. my only concern is if heel slippage is a problem and provides good lockdown

Last edited:
Anyone else have a ton of dead space in the toe?

Hearing these take a bunch of time to break in on court too.

Good to see PG actually playing in his current model. Just wondering what happening with the PG6 (if there is a 6). Leaks should have been out already…

Back
Top Bottom