Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Tempo is priced at $200? Dang.....
I was planning to pick up both the AF and the Tempo but may just try to grab two pairs of the AF especially if both the black and green and Olympic CWs release on 7/2. With only $75 difference it makes Morse sense to pick up the AF.

did a quick 5k with them. Impressions:
- felt loose/opposite of snug. The suede upper doesn’t hug the feet like flyknit does
- feels on the heavier side
- the footprint is definitely on the chunky side
- would run with them again

An overall comfortable lifestyle pair for sure. Highly recommend it!

6C3085E0-3139-4808-8D20-4FFDF041BF75.jpeg

Any thoughts on the foam? I've heard others say that it's pretty comfortable. How does it compare to react and zoomx?

not so sure but we might be seeing an adidas adios pro tomorrow based off their social media

i am going to miss the ZF, its the entry level plated runners and while i retailed for $150/$160, it could be had for less than $100 down the line

at the moment, i think only the endorphin speeds are the cheaper plated runners at $140(?) and ive heard you cant even tell theres a plate in there so nike could have cornered the market at $150/$200/$275 ranges

i get it, theyre seeing nb, asics, saucony, hoka, etc... selling well at $180-$200 but i feel like they undercut them by putting air pods + plate over those while they can compete with the zf and be on the cheaper side for comparable tech

felt nostalgic and ran in the zf samples this morning

37A8DA64-A2F5-44A8-8541-28858BA6B839.jpeg

Interesting timing as the Adizero Pro just released on Running Warehouse last week.
its gon be interesting

yup super interested to see what the adidas running line is going to be like but if the adios pro is that beefy midsole prototype that we have been seeing, id be more interested in that instead of the adizero pro especially after watch SJD's review this morning

Pretty sure it's just the Adizero Pro, which some people have already received via retailers.

i was going off some of the comments but definitely think you are right that its the adizero pro.
just took a look at the press release on them again and guess the CF plate is only in the heel area?
strange but always assumed it would be more by the mid/forefoot

i was going off some of the comments but definitely think you are right that its the adizero pro.
just took a look at the press release on them again and guess the CF plate is only in the heel area?
strange but always assumed it would be more by the mid/forefoot
I thought the plate was just in the forefoot...but may be confusing it for the Metaracer. In any event, it just seems like too little too late or an Adios 6.

via that ig, it looks like a moneky-paw type but it is weird to have a cf plate on the heels thiugh their promo says it makes for a “snappy toe-off”?

the newly-commissioned CARBITEX plate delivers flexibility at touchdown and a snappy toe-off for maximum propulsion and an economically guided stride.

the forefoot thingy arent shown in this promo pic though

1593031235297.jpeg

Yeah, I'm not sure how a heel-only plate helps toe-off, but based on the type of materials available from Carbitex, it seems the plate is more flexi than what's being used in Nike and Saucony's shoes. Seth flexes the shoe pretty easily in his first impression review.

i don't think they would intentionally not show a shoe on IG which a bunch of ppl already have reviews on. could be wrong though we'll see
I hope it's something brand new, but haven't seen much of a promo push for the Adizero Pro for several months, so I think it's probably just the Adizero Pro. Maybe it's the Adios Pro, which they accidentally leaked on their Euro website a few weeks ago? At least it would be something new that is too heavy for what it is.

this the pair that dropped on some european website last month, it looks different, midsole looks thicker and doesnt have the mr peanut texture

Any thoughts on the foam? I've heard others say that it's pretty comfortable. How does it compare to react and zoomx?

Foam is comparable to react and zoomx I’d say. However, it feels different not having the upper snug on the feet. It was as if it felt loose while running.

It would definitely make a great walking around, wear all day pair.

this the pair that dropped on some european website last month, it looks different, midsole looks thicker and doesnt have the mr peanut texture

this is what im hoping for but guess well wait to see

edit: did some digging and and saw one of the tinman guys teasing the shoe, fairly certain it should be the adios pro

adios pro

if the 3stripes were going this way, i think it might be better if theres no plate in the heel

Photo by Rolows🇯🇵 on June 25, 2020. Image may contain: shoes

I really have no idea what adidas are doing when it comes to marketing/releasing their products. Adizero Pro was marketed at the start as their top of the line marathon shoe, and then had massive delays, and then when it finally does drop they push a brand new model instead which does actually look like a far better marathon shoe. Need to do some big catching up to a few brands the next 12 months! They should also definitely look to try and capitalise off the tinman elite hype, their social reach is faaar larger than the majority of their other runners.

Back
Top Bottom