Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Was at an event at Nike HQ today and got to hold and try the shoes on. I'm a 9.5 in the Zoom Fly, Epic React, Pegasus 35, and Pegasus Turbo, but the shoes were 8.5. It's difficult to judge since they're really small, but I'm thinking a 9.5 is what I'm going to go with for these as well.

Here's some shots I took of them up close. They are ridiculously light and the cushioning felt great.

B7D563B9-A867-46C6-902A-757001BFDA9D.jpeg
EA13D1BF-6DFB-41CC-BF60-DD9A2715212C.jpeg

3BD80AFB-9BCD-42E3-85C9-596380E1B4ED.jpeg

5120F5A8-40FE-4179-B2C0-D6A9E03484C8.jpeg

2B37D30A-B764-4AA5-A983-36446B273D15.jpeg

So far prices haven't dropped on the currently VF4. I wonder if resellers will end up getting desperate and drop the price

it might drop once VF4%FK comes out but then again those first gen VFs were very low stock and people actually run in them and wear them out so the pairs out there are actually getting trashed and not being kept pristine so who knows, i haven't really kept up with the reseller patterns these days

My goodness!!

And I just grabbed some Turbos too.
I’m interested to see what this shoe feels like. Last time I dropped $250 was on some Foamposites and that was years ago during the camping out era. I swore I’d never pay that again for some sneakers...but man does this VaporFly Flyknit 4% have me interested.

Could that be the next colorway of the Flyprint? Will it be available in Berlin?

I will be at the Berlin Marathon and need to get my hands on a pair!

it was very, very limited and i think they only had about 100 pairs?

i forget but it was somewhat the same process as when the elites came out too

it wasn't a general release or anything

That's what I remember from the flyprint release, 100 pair limit and you were selected via the NRC app.

Similar to how they did it with the three prior vaporfly elite releases.

Not exactly sure though I know it was a random selection.

Could be based on an algorithm, your use through the app and location in relation to where these events occur. Pure speculation but that’s just a guess.

That's what I remember from the flyprint release, 100 pair limit and you were selected via the NRC app.

Similar to how they did it with the three prior vaporfly elite releases.

For the life of me, I can't remember how the inital release of the VF Elite went, can't remember if it was in the UK or Berlin

2nd limited release was selection via NRC app in NYC
https://niketalk.com/threads/nike-zoom-vaporfly-elite-2017.660387/page-79#post-28958040

3rd limited release was event registration in Tokyo
https://www.nike.com/events-registration/event?id=94925

Back
Top Bottom