NikeTalk name some dangerous or rough places in your city.

Originally Posted by jcbacall

toronto,canada

moss park
regent park (first projects in north america)
galloway
malvern
the whole jane strip
lawrence heights
rexdale
parkdale
The rest I'd agree with, most problems happen in the west and north west end of the city.

Originally Posted by jcbacall

toronto,canada

moss park
regent park (first projects in north america)
galloway
malvern
the whole jane strip
lawrence heights
rexdale
parkdale
The rest I'd agree with, most problems happen in the west and north west end of the city.

The Bronx? Really though? Compared to you people who live in those Mid - Western / Southern states, The Bronx looks like Santa Monica

The Bronx? Really though? Compared to you people who live in those Mid - Western / Southern states, The Bronx looks like Santa Monica

Brownsville and South Bronx are the worst in NYC (crime rate) and also have the highest HIV rate (its true. if you dont believe me google it). Its funny how ignorance stretches itself into every aspect of your life.

Brownsville and South Bronx are the worst in NYC (crime rate) and also have the highest HIV rate (its true. if you dont believe me google it). Its funny how ignorance stretches itself into every aspect of your life.

Ugh, where do I start.....

Exit 9
Zone 8
Better Mile
Dexter Ave
Brightmoor
Number Streets
Case Corridor
Schoolcraft
North End
Southwest
(And that's just the West Side)

Ugh, where do I start.....

Exit 9
Zone 8
Better Mile
Dexter Ave
Brightmoor
Number Streets
Case Corridor
Schoolcraft
North End
Southwest
(And that's just the West Side)

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

I've been to Kingston, Jamaica and that was by far the nuttiest place I've been too and I'm from L.A. I saw cats that were so poor they literally were butt naked in the streets.

QFT,never going back there. Ever. Ever.Never.

Originally Posted by WISEPHAROAH

I've been to Kingston, Jamaica and that was by far the nuttiest place I've been too and I'm from L.A. I saw cats that were so poor they literally were butt naked in the streets.

QFT,never going back there. Ever. Ever.Never.

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

Since youre the one providing these "facts" why dont you prove it to us?

Originally Posted by Diego

How rude of me. I forgot some people like to be spoon fed information. 
Crime rates in BK/BX

c821558157cb7dad04684ce97beb9bc88b86ef3_r.jpg
2c535da58e895c47cd5670b0a422f46c0576bb5_r.jpg

crime in brownsville:

Throughout New York City in 2009, violent crime and murders hit their lowest level since comparable record-keeping began in 1963 -- Brownsville included. But homicides are up 11 percent citywide so far in 2010 versus a 22 percent rise in Brownsville's 73rd Precinct. Through July 25, there were 56 shootings of 69 victims in Brownsville, up 44 percent and 47 percent respectively from a year ago, police data show.

Article on HIV in the Bronx. Basically its so rampant the department of health will try to test EVERY person between the ages of 18-64 within the next 3 years:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/26/nyregion/26hiv.html

excerpt from here:  http://www.aapci.org/services/edwin-hiv-statistics.htm

ttl-hiv-statistics.jpg

Community Statistics

FACT: New York City is the epicenter of the HIV/AIDS pandemic in the United States.

FACT: HIV diagnoses are 30% higher in the Brooklyn communities of East New York and New Lots than the New York City overall rate.

FACT: The rate of people living with HIV/AIDS is 25% higher in these communities than the rate in NYC overall.

FACT:  East New York has one of the highest death rates in Brooklyn, New York. At 44.4 per 1000, the age-adjusted death rate in East New York is the second highest in New York City which averaged 29.8. [2 Quarterly Report January 2004] 

FACT: East New York has more people who have been diagnosed with AIDS than 18 states including Delaware and Hawaii.

Just like I said. Ignorance stretches into every aspect of your life.Its sad to see but there is definately a direct relationship with crime rates and HIV/AIDS. Its not just NY though (or the US for that matter)

How rude of me. I forgot some people like to be spoon fed information. 
Crime rates in BK/BX

c821558157cb7dad04684ce97beb9bc88b86ef3_r.jpg
2c535da58e895c47cd5670b0a422f46c0576bb5_r.jpg

crime in brownsville:

Throughout New York City in 2009, violent crime and murders hit their lowest level since comparable record-keeping began in 1963 -- Brownsville included. But homicides are up 11 percent citywide so far in 2010 versus a 22 percent rise in Brownsville's 73rd Precinct. Through July 25, there were 56 shootings of 69 victims in Brownsville, up 44 percent and 47 percent respectively from a year ago, police data show.

Article on HIV in the Bronx. Basically its so rampant the department of health will try to test EVERY person between the ages of 18-64 within the next 3 years:

excerpt from here:  http://www.aapci.org/services/edwin-hiv-statistics.htm

ttl-hiv-statistics.jpg

Community Statistics

FACT: New York City is the epicenter of the HIV/AIDS pandemic in the United States.

FACT: HIV diagnoses are 30% higher in the Brooklyn communities of East New York and New Lots than the New York City overall rate.

FACT: The rate of people living with HIV/AIDS is 25% higher in these communities than the rate in NYC overall.

FACT:  East New York has one of the highest death rates in Brooklyn, New York. At 44.4 per 1000, the age-adjusted death rate in East New York is the second highest in New York City which averaged 29.8. [2 Quarterly Report January 2004] 

FACT: East New York has more people who have been diagnosed with AIDS than 18 states including Delaware and Hawaii.

Just like I said. Ignorance stretches into every aspect of your life.Its sad to see but there is definately a direct relationship with crime rates and HIV/AIDS. Its not just NY though (or the US for that matter)

Originally Posted by donttalkitlivit

Broadway, or MLK. in Houston Tx
In my 23 years of living, I've never had issues in South Park.

I think a lot of dudes set them selves up to look like targets or what not. I've been in some grimey places. I remember hitting Illi up a year back when I was on the southside, things bad, but I'm usually good in "different' situations.

Originally Posted by donttalkitlivit

Broadway, or MLK. in Houston Tx
In my 23 years of living, I've never had issues in South Park.

I think a lot of dudes set them selves up to look like targets or what not. I've been in some grimey places. I remember hitting Illi up a year back when I was on the southside, things bad, but I'm usually good in "different' situations.

Originally Posted by jerry6d

Walmart in South Philly
I can confirm, it's a weird environment. I've been to a Wal-Mart in Landover Maryland and they treat it like a prison.

The women at Wal-Mart in Southside Chicago are pretty cool though. I know a few.

Originally Posted by jerry6d

Walmart in South Philly
I can confirm, it's a weird environment. I've been to a Wal-Mart in Landover Maryland and they treat it like a prison.

The women at Wal-Mart in Southside Chicago are pretty cool though. I know a few.

Funny you mention ignorance cause this article states the exact opposite of what youre trying to say.
First of all according to this article the Bronx does not have the highest rate of HIV neither does Brooklyn. Instead the Bronx just happens the most deaths from the virus compared to other boroughs, granted its still a big problem but a big difference from your claim as having the highest rate of HIV.

While Manhattan has long been the epicenter of the AIDS epidemic in New York, with the highest incidence of both AIDS and H.I.V., the virus that causes it, the Bronx, with its poorer population, has far more deaths from the disease.

In fact, according to this article the Bronx nor Brooklyn have the highest rate.

Indeed, the rate of AIDS cases is highest in Manhattan, at 82 per 100,000 people, compared with 75 in the Bronx, 46 in Brooklyn, 26 in Queens and 16 on Staten Island,

Now Ill be the first to admit that this is a huge problem throughout all of NYC. The thing is you cant just come in here and speak of ignorance then make false claims supported by statistics that are not backed up.

Back
Top Bottom