niketalk, what are you majoring in? easy or hard?

Computer Science with a concentration in application....i wanna minor in graphic/web design but its not going to be offered anymore -__-
i hate this school with a passion and im only here because of my credits that more than likely wont transfer. but at this point i dont even care anymore imma just lose them in the transfer process.

i actually enjoy programming(at times) and my animation class was a pleasant surprise...although we are using blender(open source) which from what i hear isnt too different from Maya but i woould much rather use maya being as though thats what the major companies use.

Originally Posted by backpacker23

I'm majoring in Digital media production, I love it and i have a 3.0 gpa

Thinking about this..what classes did you take and everything? just looking for some info like what kind of jobs I can get with this and stuff
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by backpacker23

I'm majoring in Digital media production, I love it and i have a 3.0 gpa

Thinking about this..what classes did you take and everything? just looking for some info like what kind of jobs I can get with this and stuff
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

statistics, pretty hard. OP, compsci requires LOTS of practice, reading the code and textbook aint gonna cut it. you gotta do alot of applied work yourself
What made you want to major in statistics? Any plan on what you are going to do after school? Last year a P&G statistician gave my high school stats class a lecture on his work and it was pretty interesting; he does stats on clinical experiments for medicine.

I've always found statistics interesting, but I hated AP Stats because of the repetitive nature of the work; we did like 90 problems a week. Ended up with a 4 but w/e. Statistics seems like a pain in the !@! to do really well in but I guess that's the point of it.

Gonna major in biology / pre-med starting next year. Probably will need a lot of studying.
tired.gif

statistics, pretty hard. OP, compsci requires LOTS of practice, reading the code and textbook aint gonna cut it. you gotta do alot of applied work yourself
What made you want to major in statistics? Any plan on what you are going to do after school? Last year a P&G statistician gave my high school stats class a lecture on his work and it was pretty interesting; he does stats on clinical experiments for medicine.

I've always found statistics interesting, but I hated AP Stats because of the repetitive nature of the work; we did like 90 problems a week. Ended up with a 4 but w/e. Statistics seems like a pain in the !@! to do really well in but I guess that's the point of it.

Gonna major in biology / pre-med starting next year. Probably will need a lot of studying.
tired.gif

I'm CIS, Computer Information Systems, definately the easier alternative to those tech savvy.....it's the business direction for computers

I'm CIS, Computer Information Systems, definately the easier alternative to those tech savvy.....it's the business direction for computers

Originally Posted by StreetPharmacist

3 of my cousins are majoring/majored in computer science, they hated it but....they said it was the easy route

i majored in biology cause i really liked science when i was entering college....def NOT easy, studied my butt off, but I guess it was worth it.

Easy route for what?

I had no idea there were that many cs majors on NT.  I'm a sophomore, but basically a freshman in my major because I'm only on the 2nd semester.  This is pretty tough, I seriously don't know if I'll be able to stick with it for 2 more years cause I'm nervous about the difficulty of the higher division courses
ohwell.gif
.  We should start a computer science help thread though
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by StreetPharmacist

3 of my cousins are majoring/majored in computer science, they hated it but....they said it was the easy route

i majored in biology cause i really liked science when i was entering college....def NOT easy, studied my butt off, but I guess it was worth it.

Easy route for what?

I had no idea there were that many cs majors on NT.  I'm a sophomore, but basically a freshman in my major because I'm only on the 2nd semester.  This is pretty tough, I seriously don't know if I'll be able to stick with it for 2 more years cause I'm nervous about the difficulty of the higher division courses
ohwell.gif
.  We should start a computer science help thread though
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by ElCatfisho

tired.gif
to be honest, I didnt really know what to major in and I'm good at math (Im asian) but i didnt wanna do straight math because it's pretty unapplicable and discrete so I decided to pick stats. no exact plans, something in finance or maybe a statistician/research job. I still have another year at least but I've been thinking about it more and more recently. 

tired.gif
to be honest, I didnt really know what to major in and I'm good at math (Im asian) but i didnt wanna do straight math because it's pretty unapplicable and discrete so I decided to pick stats. no exact plans, something in finance or maybe a statistician/research job. I still have another year at least but I've been thinking about it more and more recently. 

tired.gif
Sounds good. Yeah, I guess statisticians are always in need so hopefully that'll help you a lot with jobs and what not. Good luck with your future man.

tired.gif
Sounds good. Yeah, I guess statisticians are always in need so hopefully that'll help you a lot with jobs and what not. Good luck with your future man.

Back
Top Bottom