NikeTalk will be moving from July 13th-14th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My bad if it's already been asked, but what's going to happen to all the pictures and avatars we've uploaded to NT? Will that transfer too?
Yes, images will transfer over, but there could be certain cases where if, say, we come across images during the migration process that don't conform to our policies we'll just delete rather than transfer that content. 
Cool hope I get invited I know I'm new but ever since I found nime talk I'm on here daily of course learning alot thanks to nike talk i got into the 1s and been happy to see good links to purchase the right shoe I only use cell phone but still can't figure a way to put my picture on my profile maybe only threw lap top?? But probably don't matter cause the new platform hopein it be easier
The mobile site on Huddler is not fully featured.  There are quite a few functions that are either unavailable or unintuitive.  The new platform, however, offers a unified experience for desktop and mobile users, so anything you can do on desktop you should be able to do on mobile.  

You'll be able to easily change your avatar from your phone by going through the "settings" menu. 

Meth would it be okay to change my name to methhead? Nothing to do with drugs I'm just a big fan of yours.

Meth would it be okay to change my name to methhead? Nothing to do with drugs I'm just a big fan of yours.

5963628f_cobracommander.gif

Yes, images will transfer over, but there could be certain cases where if, say, we come across images during the migration process that don't conform to our policies we'll just delete rather than transfer that content. 

Over the years I've uploaded hella gifs and pics.

Will we be able to delete pics out of our archives/recent photos?

I either have to download the same gif again or click through pages to post one.

^THIS. So many times I got tired/annoyed of clicking next through my recent pics just to find that one gif/pic to use for a post and in the end just searched it on google again :lol:

Last edited:
Can we move WDYWT back to general?

I feel like it could be more active and encompass more than just sneakers.

Would be like 10x as active i think

If it gets put back in General there will definitely be an influx in roasting, which is probably why they decided to move it in the first place. :lol:

Over the years I've uploaded hella gifs and pics.

Will we be able to delete pics out of our archives/recent photos?

I either have to download the same gif again or click through pages to post one.
When posting, you no longer have the option to add images from "recent photos."  Huddler creates a separate gallery for every single thread you've added pictures to, so when you're looking through "recent images," you won't find any real organization there.  

On the new system, you're able to add images from only those galleries you've manually created yourself.  So, if the ONLY thing you really want out of a gallery is to store your reaction .gif library, you can just create that one gallery and then you'll be able to easily access it on the new site, whether you're on desktop or mobile, and scroll through only those images - not every image you've ever posted.

It's not a perfect system, as we'd like it to be easier for users with multiple galleries to select only images from one specific gallery, but, as is the theme here, the platform and its official add ons are still in active development, so we'll continue to add new features and improvements over time. 

Hi Meth,

Have beta invitations been sent out yet?
They have not.  We're hoping to do so this evening.  

I'm not opposed to there being WDYWT threads in both locations, really.  The originals would be more sneaker oriented and the General forum one would be more "all purpose."  You wouldn't see dress shoes in the Sneaker Showcase WDYWT thread, for example, but I can see there being interest in that in General. 

A lot of our regulars have grown up, so I'm less concerned about insults and general idiocy than I was 5-10 years ago.  If it trends in that direction and we're not getting strong community support in maintaining a safe, friendly environment there, we'd shut it down. 

Nobody cares that much haha but yea watch the loose lips

jus plz keep that stupid magician from effing up another one of summers. 2 in 15 years would be unacceptible lol

thx Meth, preciate your work n commitment to making this one of the coolest places on the net

i was in highschool when i found about NT...  30 and have 2 kids now [emoji]128293[/emoji][emoji]128293[/emoji]

Last edited:
Pretty interested in how the new layout will look. Would've asked to join the beta but I'm horrible at reporting issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom