No United airlines thread ? VOL....Delta won

fair enough 
glasses.gif

We all agree on the same thing, this man was treated horribly and he will definitely be compensated... It just differs in the fact that everyone feels United caused it and I lay the blame on the officer.

Lol damn they couldn't even run a smear campaign properly

Now Dao can probably sue for that too

That kind of stuff can affect your practice and personal life

Last edited:
Lol damn they couldn't even run a smear campaign properly

Now Dao can probably sue for that too

That kind of stuff can affect your practice and personal life
Would he have to go after the news outlets that posted this stuff about him? I doubt United has used tried to use this but if they did... :lol: Dao is gonna get his own private plane.

I didn't read the thread but I'm honestly asking how you guys would have handled the situation of a passanger not getting off the plane?
Another option could have been deboard entire plan, load the staff then tell Dao he didn't make the cut.
Um....

I urge all of you folks who are following this story to read Claire Connelly's breakdown....it's SO thorough w/ some interesting nuggets. The rest of the article will be in the link.
United will rough you up before it pays for its mistakes
This is fantasticly turrible

Regardless of the Dao fiasco, gotta think that airlines need to overhaul their practice.

Can you imagine eating at a restaurant, maybe already enjoying a drink and then getting bumped for a higher profile customer and getting threatened to be put in handcuffs if you don't comply? Can you imagine that happening on a train or a bus? It happened to another passenger that tried to fly with United. That **** shouldn't fly (pun intended)

Last edited:
Regardless of the Dao fiasco, gotta think that airlines need to overhaul their practice.

Can you imagine eating at a restaurant, maybe already enjoying a drink and then getting bumped for a higher profile customer and getting threatened to be put in handcuffs if you don't comply? Can you imagine that happening on a train or a bus? It happened to another passenger that tried to fly with United. That **** shouldn't fly (pun intended)
Not the same thing but one thing that doesnt seem right is that crew can fly jumpseat which is 1 or even 2 extra seats depending on the aircraft. I tend to take the jumpseat on flights because it frees up a seat for another passenger and I dont have to sit next to anyone, so if they really did need to get 4 crew members somewhere else they probably only needed to pull 2 or 3 passengers. Don't have all the details so I'm not sure if jumpseats were occupied.

Not the same thing but one thing that doesnt seem right is that crew can fly jumpseat which is 1 or even 2 extra seats depending on the aircraft. I tend to take the jumpseat on flights because it frees up a seat for another passenger and I dont have to sit next to anyone, so if they really did need to get 4 crew members somewhere else they probably only needed to pull 2 or 3 passengers. Don't have all the details so I'm not sure if jumpseats were occupied.
Real question, not trying to be funny, so if you had to fly because you're crew, would you sit in an empty first class seat? Or is that not allowed, do all crew members in situations like this have to sit in economy? If not, I'm sitting up in first class if available vice a jump seat. 

Real question, not trying to be funny, so if you had to fly because you're crew, would you sit in an empty first class seat? Or is that not allowed, do all crew members in situations like this have to sit in economy? If not, I'm sitting up in first class if available vice a jump seat. 
Crew is considered must-ride if they need to get to a flight which means they are getting on no matter what, now if they are crew just flying for any other reason they are basically just standby, with that being said they arent going to pull anyone from first class to accomodate but if thats the only seat available then they will put them there.

gooze owes the thread an apology for harping on fake news :smh:
:lol: I dont owe anyone ish, if it's really the wrong person then that sucks for him as far as name goes but it's good to be really good for his case. I never used that as a basis for him to be kicked off the plane. Dude used it as a reason for him to stay on when your job really is not a factor in these situations (unless you are a flight crew member of course) I said no matter what your profession is you are all equal when they get to the point of having to pull people. You act like I ran in here posting all those negative articles unprovoked about the drug charges and gay sex for drugs incident, I even said all of that nonsense was completely irrelevant to the situation. None of it changes the fact that he should have gotten up when asked by the police. He was already gonna win, now be might be able to tack on a few more Ms

That's where a lot of us disagree. His job should play a factor. And united could and should have a back up plan when incidents like these occur. A simple solution as buying their employees flights with another airline or have them fly in the morning could have solved this issue. Still interested in how they randomly choose dao & his wife. Probably choose the only non-whites in the flight.

That's where a lot of us disagree. His job should play a factor. And united could and should have a back up plan when incidents like these occur. A simple solution as buying their employees flights with another airline or have them fly in the morning could have solved this issue. Still interested in how they randomly choose dao & his wife. Probably choose the only non-whites in the flight.
You kinda had me until that last sentence :smh:

"Ald. Mike Zalewski (23rd), chairman of the City Council’s Aviation Committee, said Sunday’s embarrassing incident at O’Hare Airport was so “poorly handled from A-to-Z” that the officers have lost their argument to bear arms.

Zalewski said the aviation officer who is now on a leave of absence had no business getting involved in the incident, let alone boarding the flight from Chicago to Louisville.

It should have been handled by United, O’Hare’s flagship carrier, in the boarding area, before passengers ever boarded the flight, the alderman said.The flight was overbooked. They were looking for people to give up their seats. . . . This all should have been taken care of in the holding area — not on the plane,” Zalewski said Monday. “It wasn’t a shining example for aviation security officers on how they might react to future situations, especially if they were armed. . . . If it was their judgment that this was going to help their cause, just the opposite happened"

As mentioned plenty times in this thread, United & the police should have never asked Dao to leave after he was seated.

Last edited:
"Ald. Mike Zalewski (23rd), chairman of the City Council’s Aviation Committee, said Sunday’s embarrassing incident at O’Hare Airport was so “poorly handled from A-to-Z” that the officers have lost their argument to bear arms.

Zalewski said the aviation officer who is now on a leave of absence had no business getting involved in the incident, let alone boarding the flight from Chicago to Louisville.

It should have been handled by United, O’Hare’s flagship carrier, in the boarding area, before passengers ever boarded the flight, the alderman said.The flight was overbooked. They were looking for people to give up their seats. . . . This all should have been taken care of in the holding area — not on the plane,” Zalewski said Monday. “It wasn’t a shining example for aviation security officers on how they might react to future situations, especially if they were armed. . . . If it was their judgment that this was going to help their cause, just the opposite happened"

As mentioned plenty times in this thread, United & the police should have never asked Dao to leave after he was seated.

/endthread

#caseclosed

#goodnight

So officials and executives unanimously agreed it was handled poorly across the board but the pleb will still fight and justify for the consumer to be mistreated. This is why Trump won.

Last edited:
MF Gooze is wondering what new essay to write to defend United. I don't care what he says, he's definitely on United's (or at least an equally @#$@ US airline company like American, Delta, etc.) payroll

Last edited:
Man I'm trying to find the article right now but there was an article I read this morning that no one should ever be involuntarily bumped. Ever.

First of all, it should always, always be handled at the gate.

Second of all, they should always hold auctions for anyone to volunteer to get off the plane at the gate. Everyone has a price at auctions.

Third of all, didn't realize the faa mandates a cap on these kind of things. There should be no cap. That way the bid can go high enough to make everyone happy.

The Dao event is going to shake up how every airline practices, as they should. Shady as hell to ask someone to leave after you're already seated.

Last edited:
It definitely does not happen once you're seated on the plane. United and American frequently delay my flights because of how long it takes to get passengers to accept vouchers OUTSIDE OF THE AIRCRAFT. mf gooze mf gooze thinks because he's cabin crew for one of the worst airlines on the planet, he can say whatever he wants, and we're supposed to believe him :lol:

Even before this, United, American, and Delta have always had TERRIBLE customer service compared to real airline companies. Their behavior and incompetence has never been the norm for most major airlines

Last edited:
Had I known about these terms back in college I could have came up on some real change  when my flight was delayed to the next day. Then again I did get a hotel voucher and a meal voucher for the next day

So officials and executives unanimously agreed it was handled poorly across the board but the pleb will still fight and justify for the consumer to be mistreated. This is why Trump won.
:lol: I guess you're referring to me, I never said he deserved to be mistreated, I said the cop handled it poorly every single time but people act like a United employee walked over and knocked him out. Here we go with the Trump talk (not a Trump supporter before you even say it)
MF Gooze is wondering what new essay to write to defend United. I don't care what he says, he's definitely on United's (or at least an equally @#$@ US airline company like American, Delta, etc.) payroll
:lol: I been said I work for an airline, just saying they have the right to ask you get off a plane even if you arent a threat or security risk and you have the right to refuse and get the cops involves, those are the rights here. Officer did not have the right to bash his face in but honestly I dont give a damn one way or the other because he's getting paid but no one ever wants to hear another point of view, yall just wanna come in here and have everyone agree with you.

Back
Top Bottom