No United airlines thread ? VOL....Delta won

So officials and executives unanimously agreed it was handled poorly across the board but the pleb will still fight and justify for the consumer to be mistreated. This is why Trump won.
:lol: I guess you're referring to me, I never said he deserved to be mistreated, I said the cop handled it poorly every single time but people act like a United employee walked over and knocked him out. Here we go with the Trump talk (not a Trump supporter before you even say it)
MF Gooze is wondering what new essay to write to defend United. I don't care what he says, he's definitely on United's (or at least an equally @#$@ US airline company like American, Delta, etc.) payroll
:lol: I been said I work for an airline, just saying they have the right to ask you get off a plane even if you arent a threat or security risk and you have the right to refuse and get the cops involves, those are the rights here. Officer did not have the right to bash his face in but honestly I dont give a damn one way or the other because he's getting paid but no one ever wants to hear another point of view, yall just wanna come in here and have everyone agree with you.

No **** the cop handled it poorly, but you won't even acknowledge everyone saying United should have handled it outside the plane, and the cop should not have been called before other options. That is poor customer service which lead to the incident. That is on United. This incident is on United.

Last edited:
You seem to agree that it should be handled at the gate

You also seem to agree that the airline goofed and realized there weren't enough seats AFTER everyone was seated

Why you feel a paying customer should take the L for the service's mistake is beyond me. That's like kicking out a diner after he was served the wrong meal
Of course I realize what SHOULD happen but I also know what DOES happen. Everyone thinks Im cheering for United and that dumb*** cop, I'm not. I just understand the process these things go through, mistakes are made and if you think an airline is going to take an L on a whole crew missing a flight over displacing some customers, it aint gonna happen. Although this mistake is already costing them more than a few airplanes worth of cash :lol:

No one had to take an L, all it took was the creative thinking employees are hired for as opposed to "just doing my job". That crowd gets companies in trouble more than anything.

I'm not a frequent flier but my understanding is that flights are fully refundable at first but once it's closer to the flight date, the refund is less and less guaranteed. Like once it's the day before the flight date you getting almost none of your money back

This situation is kinda wild to me as an airline employee. No I don't work for United but I can shed a little more info on the situation.

Basically crews can time out while working planes, especially with all the weather and canceled flights and added segments and such.

The flight itself wasn't even oversold. It was booked to capacity but basically they had to position the next crew for the flights out of Louisville.

United was basically tasked with choosing to involuntarily deboard 4 people and compensate them to a federal regulation with MONEY, plus airline vouchers or they could leave those passengers on board; have their crew stuck in Chicago and have to cancel flights carrying 100+ people that the crew would've worked.

Yeah it sucks, but as a consumer you need to read your contract of carriage. United should've made it so that those 4 people never got on board though. Basically thy were left with no choice but to call airport police after the doctor told them that he wasn't going to move and they would have to drag him off lol

This situation is kinda wild to me as an airline employee. No I don't work for United but I can shed a little more info on the situation.

Basically crews can time out while working planes, especially with all the weather and canceled flights and added segments and such.

The flight itself wasn't even oversold. It was booked to capacity but basically they had to position the next crew for the flights out of Louisville.

United was basically tasked with choosing to involuntarily deboard 4 people and compensate them to a federal regulation with MONEY, plus airline vouchers or they could leave those passengers on board; have their crew stuck in Chicago and have to cancel flights carrying 100+ people that the crew would've worked.

Yeah it sucks, but as a consumer you need to read your contract of carriage. United should've made it so that those 4 people never got on board though. Basically thy were left with no choice but to call airport police after the doctor told them that he wasn't going to move and they would have to drag him off lol

Lol at left with no choice.

They did not have 'no choice.'

Could've auctioned off the seat or bought their employees tickets on another flight, by another airlinep

Physical violence is always the last resort.

:lol: dont even try bro. They dont wanna hear the harsh reality.

Wondering how the fallout from this will potentially cause more airlines to be more upfront and vocal when it comes all that fine print stuff regarding things of this nature.

The oversold flights stuff has always been weird though. I fly standby most the time and it's been flights I've caught in which they emphasized how it was oversold. Offered incentive for passengers to give up their seats in the form of hotel, cash, and voucher only for other paying passenger to not show up and me and the other standbys ended up getting on that flight.

I got bumped off a plane before as well flying standby while on the plane. Just took the L on it given the circumstances and I was flying for free but had I paid full price I'd be pissed and annoyed even if compensation was offered if I needed to be somewhere at a certain time.

They should've handled all this at the gate. United and the cop handled this poorly all around. Could've handled it better but instead it's a self inflicted public relations nightmare on their end.

I think the harsh reality here is while you guys are here justifying these practices the people making the decisions won't stand behind you when it goes wrong. Crazy you don't see that.

I think the harsh reality here is while you guys are here justifying these practices the people making the decisions won't stand behind you when it goes wrong. Crazy you don't see that.
We are simply telling yall what happens in these types of situations but no one wants to listen, if you think it should change that's fine but this is just what happens, sometimes the police get involved.

Can't believe there are people defending this. Brining up their bosses rules and protocols like they themselves can't differentiate what's right and wrong.

Can't believe there are people defending this. Brining up their bosses rules and protocols like they themselves can't differentiate what's right and wrong.
I said multiple times I'm not debating right vs. wrong because I know it should have been handled before boarding and I know the cop shouldnt have busted up his face. I'm just shedding light on how these situations are typically handled when they arise. But no one wants to hear that side, everyone coming at me like I yanked his *** out of the seat :lol:

^ Yes.. Singapore Airlines, and EVA Air are top notch customer service, and I gladly pay extra to fly with them.
Singapore is the GOAT Asian airline. The funniest part is that those airlines aren't even that much more expensive than the trash US based ones. In my experience they've been $100-$200 more expensive at most, which I'm completely fine with paying, because I know they will do everything they can to make a 10 hour+ journey as comfortable as possible. They won't try to crash my plane halfway over the ocean like United or send my luggage to a different city like American.
i wouldn't trust some Chinese airlines though.. 

I said multiple times I'm not debating right vs. wrong because I know it should have been handled before boarding and I know the cop shouldnt have busted up his face. I'm just shedding light on how these situations are typically handled when they arise. But no one wants to hear that side, everyone coming at me like I yanked his *** out of the seat :lol:

As we said multiple times, once Dao said he's not leaving, he should been left alone, case close.

I mean the whole world just saw how it was handled. Why did we need y'all? Sure it went off the rails with the cop but we get how much pieces of **** these airlines are. Doesn't mean you had to defend the practice.

Explaining is defending? I never said it was the best solution but it is their solution, do I like it? No. Do I understand it, yes. They could have given him 5k and a year of free flights or whatever he may have asked for but it's not a name-your-price situation, that may all change very soon though...

the ceo didn't understand it and apologized twice. 
He has to apologize, if he doesn't it will look even worse. People are pulled from flights all the time to keep other planes in the air. It just doesn't escalate to this point and get posted on the internet.

I have 0 sympathy for people that hold up flights over dumb **** like this, they get overbooked all the time and when they tell you to get off then you need to get off. Dude brought this on himself by escalating it to the point where law enforcement had to be called. Crews take priority over passengers, hell they can pull passengers off a plane for weight restrictions if theres too much cargo.

You said it yourself... he was put in this situation by United. NO ONE ELSE!

Everyone knows flights get overbooked all the times.. it's a common simple mistake. HOWEVER most airlines don't make this mistake of letting the passengers board the plane first.

You don't have fare-paying passengers sit in their seats, then raffle off their seats after the fact! :lol:
If the situation with the crew came up late then thats not the same thing. Either way he should have just complied, but then again this is America so Im sure he'll get a nice settlement for not following directions.

NT, don't forget

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom