No United airlines thread ? VOL....Delta won

It's a lot of shooting the messanger being directed at Gooze.

Gooze "I have 0 sympathy for people that hold up flights over dumb **** like this, they get overbooked all the time and when they tell you to get off then you need to get off. Dude brought this on himself by escalating it to the point where law enforcement had to be called"

^ Yes.. Singapore Airlines, and EVA Air are top notch customer service, and I gladly pay extra to fly with them.

Singapore is the GOAT Asian airline. The funniest part is that those airlines aren't even that much more expensive than the trash US based ones. In my experience they've been $100-$200 more expensive at most, which I'm completely fine with paying, because I know they will do everything they can to make a 10 hour+ journey as comfortable as possible. They won't try to crash my plane halfway over the ocean like United or send my luggage to a different city like American.
i wouldn't trust some Chinese airlines though.. 

Why's that?

Gooze "I have 0 sympathy for people that hold up flights over dumb **** like this, they get overbooked all the time and when they tell you to get off then you need to get off. Dude brought this on himself by escalating it to the point where law enforcement had to be called"
This still stands true (for being removed, not the bloody nose). People that hold up flight are ***holes, its a raw deal but when they get to the point where they have to pick thenyou gotta get off the plane if its you. You can say this would have never happened if they handled it at the gate which is true but they didn't so they had to pull people to correct their mistake. You will say passengers shouldnt have to suffer for their mistake but the truth is they are gonna pull someone. If they do not comply the next step is to call police, he got put in a bad situation and I would agree with them dragging him out if he just kept refusing because you are gonna cause more people to miss connecting flights which leads to more complaints/compensation, but bashing his face was completely wrong.

Last edited:

Does he need to have sympathy though. He acknowledged the airline handled things poorly. Ultimately the guy on the plane got a raw deal. He deserves everything he's going to get compensation wise. Getting passengers off the plane was a bad move on uniteds end.

You can make the argument that united should've tried their luck with another passenger when it becomes obvious the man this happened to was adamant about not getting off. I won't dispute or argue that way of thinking.

Perhaps it escalated to a battle of egos. Perhaps The united people trying to get him off the plane felt slighted and wanted to flex their muscle when he made it clear he wasn't going to comply. They could've tried to get another passenger to get off but decided to escalate things. Poor handling on their end.

To me as a passenger though, sometimes it's best to pick your battles, even if they're completely in the wrong, that's a tough situation to win. Play hardball and just get the most compensation you can out of it. Delta recently gave some lady 10k for her getting off her flight two days in a row. It's not fair, but the airline is going to get you off the plane one way or another. This is where the airlines need to better communicate and convey the terms and conditions regarding scenarios like this. I think we can agree on that

Lol point was, no one should have had to take an L. There was certainly better ways to get someone to give up his seat.

Sorry that you thought force was the only way
.they should've bid it up till someone bit.

bet this never happens again :lol:

United goose still going huh? Lmaooo

Bro we understand the process.

You keep saying the same thing, still doesn't make it right.
All you have to do is say they should've handled this before they boarded, which you have.

By keep going you are defending the ****** process

This still stands true (for being removed, not the bloody nose). People that hold up flight are ***holes, its a raw deal but when they get to the point where they have to pick thenyou gotta get off the plane if its you. You can say this would have never happened if they handled it at the gate which is true but they didn't so they had to pull people to correct their mistake. You will say passengers shouldnt have to suffer for their mistake but the truth is they are gonna pull someone. If they do not comply the next step is to call police, he got put in a bad situation and I would agree with them dragging him out if he just kept refusing because you are gonna cause more people to miss connecting flights which leads to more complaints/compensation, but bashing his face was completely wrong.

How is a more reasonable solution NOT to up the ante of other customers? If this is truly as costly as you said, wouldn't it be a better business decision to pay a couple extra hundred or thousand to incentivize people to get off? This debacle is an institutional failure and example of how at large companies draconian and archaic processes dictate results rather than people because there is so much red tape and everyone is afraid to go against the status quo. Any rational person, even you, can see this result is undesirable and there would be a better way to handle that situation. Sure - you can put in asinine rules that your customers have to adhere to because you call the shots but don't surprised when they aren't your customers for much longer.

you acknowledge it's their fault, say they handled it badly but still think the customer is supposed to be the one to swallow their pride? Nah

It was definitely a battle of egos. I'm sure the airline would've been more than capable of getting one more person not named Dao off of that plane otherwise. But they weren't budging off of Dao.

I know the types. 'Na HE'S getting out of there one way or another'

One thing for damn sure. They are overhauling the system cuz these companies can't afford these 25 million dollar mistakes. It's never happening again.

Last edited:

you acknowledge it's their fault, say they handled it badly but still think the customer is supposed to be the one to swallow their pride? Nah

It's because he's a company man that thinks his employer can do no wrong.

It was definitely a battle of egos. I'm sure the airline would've been more than capable of getting one more person not named Dao off of that plane otherwise. But they weren't budging off of Dao.

I know the types. 'Na HE'S getting out of there one way or another'

Honestly - if they truly were targeting minorities, they better be thankful it wasn't an African American. I agree this situation is terrible no matter whether it's a Caucasian, Asian, Latino, African American, etc but the backlash had this been another police brutality situation with an African American right in top of the Pepsi incident? Yikes....

Does he need to have sympathy though. He acknowledged the airline handled things poorly. Ultimately the guy on the plane got a raw deal. He deserves everything he's going to get compensation wise. Getting passengers off the plane was a bad move on uniteds end.

You can make the argument that united should've tried their luck with another passenger when it becomes obvious the man this happened to was adamant about not getting off. I won't dispute or argue that way of thinking.

Perhaps it escalated to a battle of egos. Perhaps The united people trying to get him off the plane felt slighted and wanted to flex their muscle when he made it clear he wasn't going to comply. They could've tried to get another passenger to get off but decided to escalate things. Poor handling on their end.

To me as a passenger though, sometimes it's best to pick your battles, even if they're completely in the wrong, that's a tough situation to win. Play hardball and just get the most compensation you can out of it. Delta recently gave some lady 10k for her getting off her flight two days in a row. It's not fair, but the airline is going to get you off the plane one way or another. This is where the airlines need to better communicate and convey the terms and conditions regarding scenarios like this. I think we can agree on that

I only quoted that to show you that he's not only a messenger.

Pick your battles? That's exactly what he was doing when he was thinking of his patients first while picking this battle.

Last edited:
I dont work for United and I never said they do no wrong, I said they made a mistake by not handling it at the gate. Read.

Na everyone understands what you're saying at this point. You've been repeating the same things since yesterday. It's just that no one agrees with you lol

Pick your battles? That's exactly what he was doing when he was thinking of his patients first while picking this battle.

And there's nothing wrong with doing so. Not everyone has a price and can be bought off. There was 100 something other passengers on the plane. That's where my beef lies with the individual employees on the plane. Piss poor job deescalating things on their end. They likely felt slighted that he refused to get off. They could've found another passenger but wanted to flex their muscle and abused their position of power.

Na everyone understands what you're saying at this point. You've been repeating the same things since yesterday. It's just that no one agrees with you lol
You dont have to agree with me, you obviously know nothing when it comes to these situations, I hope you get pulled so you can demand 10k and skyloft suite for the night. Best of luck with that.
That and the logic behind it all is flawed
Logic and morality usually have nothing to do with business procedures.

Honestly - if they truly were targeting minorities, they better be thankful it wasn't an African American. I agree this situation is terrible no matter whether it's a Caucasian, Asian, Latino, African American, etc but the backlash had this been another police brutality situation with an African American right in top of the Pepsi incident? Yikes....

That's why I'm saying him being Asian had an effect on the "random" selection.

Older Asian male is the easiest target

And there's nothing wrong with doing so. Not everyone has a price and can be bought off. There was 100 something other passengers on the plane. That's where my beef lies with the individual employees on the plane. Piss poor job deescalating things on their end. They likely felt slighted that he refused to get off. They could've found another passenger but wanted to flex their muscle and abused their position of power.

Agreed 100%

Man you know how many cops & prospective cops told me they want the job so they can have power over other people?

Last edited:
I dont work for United and I never said they do no wrong, I said they made a mistake by not handling it at the gate. Read.

I have read every post in this thread. What I'm emphasizing is that while you are admitting that it's wrong, you are saying that it's okay because those are the rules. How is this different than a teacher back in the day saying "Segregation is wrong and I don't agree with it but those are the rules." While that may be an extreme example, if you don't agree with a process in your industry yet you vehemently stick up for it then that makes you a hypocrite and quite frankly a coward.

Back
Top Bottom