NOLA Sneakerheads Pickups & Info ALA,MS,TEX Welcome

got some crimsons on discount today they pretty cool wouldnt have got em if it wasnt for the discount though cause them joints is SITTING!

@BleuDevil, you know any place in NOLA getting the Red Suede or Black YOTS?

Also, do any of yall know about this program/plugin/script ****, I'm just trying to be able to cop the kicks I want on nike.com with a fighting chance. PM if possible thanks 

@BleuDevil, you know any place in NOLA getting the Red Suede or Black YOTS?

Also, do any of yall know about this program/plugin/script ****, I'm just trying to be able to cop the kicks I want on nike.com with a fighting chance. PM if possible thanks 
I would try politics, refresh (if they're still open), and house of hoops in BR. politics is your best bet maybe city gear too. i could keep an eye out for any websites i run across with them too though

Refresh in BR closed forever ago, it was definitely the wackest shoe store I'd ever been to in my life... I've never been to the NO location but from what I hear its completely different

I don't know what the hell they were thinking in BR

I feel like I can never cop anything from Politics in either Lafayette or Metarie... Seems like everything is always "reserved for loyal customers".... Hell I'd be a loyal customer too if I lived 5 minutes from the store and could go in there every day when I'm bored as ish... Sorry I live an hour away I'd be lucky to make it there once a week

I've only been in refresh twice and you can tell its some one putting their own collection of kicks in there and marking them up like resell value. Like i said idk if they are even still open because they had really no traffic in there. They actually had another sneakers boutique called Traffic around Tehran corner dude named Crack owned it idk if its still open either. Mypotna at Lowes was telling me about a spot called Copy Cat that had some stuff in there but i never found it downtown.

I go in Refresh everytime I'm in town.. It's basically exactly how you said it's the owner and whoever's kicks they just mark em up like flight club prices if not more expensive.. The place Traffic you're talking about I used to be cool with Crack but he moved to New York so I'm pretty sure that's gone also.. Never heard of that last place I'd like to check it out though

I don't know how I've missed this thread. I haven't been buying much new lately, seems like I've just been filling in old wants from my wish list on line. I never get why Sports Plus gets such a bad rap though, they've never been anything but nice to me and I've been shopping with them regularly for the past 4 years.

Welcome Mints! Started this thread thinking nobody would ever post in it but its doing pretty good. Feel free to post and man when my boy worked at Sports Plus in 07-09 i was plugged in getting joints early and all but he said they treat the employees like regular customers no discounts and no commission so he left and i stopped rocking with them shortly after that. They done got mad greedy with the hyped releases. But still one of the best spots in the State!

I guess it helps that I'm never really there looking for hyped releases, the stuff that I like I get from them with no hassle. I tend to avoid the hyped releases since it seems like every shop in the state wants to play crazy. I refuse to shop at only one store so "customer loyalty" won't get me a hot jordan release from Politics (although Derek did come through for me on the Bordeauxs back in 2011) and the other shops around never even seem to get what I'm looking for or know what I'm asking for when I ask in advance if their rep can get them an allotment of a shoe.

You guys ever hit up The Source? Once upon a time you could get deals from there and it wasn't really on the map, but after the Cool Grey 11s I think everyone started going there and people were willing to drop more than retail to get pairs held. I haven't stopped in there in months, but they do get some pairs and occasionally it'll be worth stopping at if you're normal spot is out of a release.

Last edited:
All 3 Politics are just like politicians if yiu dont know them personally they give you a bunch of red tape and ******-t just for a pair of shoes.

Last edited:
After Politics pulled that gimmick when they required you to make a $30 purchase to enter the raffle drawing for the Yeezys and the winners can purchase the Yeezyd that was my last time. going there.

I feel like I can never cop anything from Politics in either Lafayette or Metarie... Seems like everything is always "reserved for loyal customers".... Hell I'd be a loyal customer too if I lived 5 minutes from the store and could go in there every day when I'm bored as ish... Sorry I live an hour away I'd be lucky to make it there once a week
I totally feel the same way!!! Like I told a guy in the baton rouge store..how can spend money with you if everything thats avalibale to me and general public is wack!!!! You hold all the tight stuff for celebs and your suppose to be loyal customers. I'll never get a chance to become a loyal customer...LOL!!! I even showed him were a regular person ask for a shoe on instagram a he said they were sold out, then mannie fresh ask on instagram about the same shoe the next day and they replied come pass through....sure enough a few hrs later they posted a pic with mannie fresh!!!! When I saw that..I knew I would even waste gas to go see about anything!!!

I was talking with a few of my boys and one of them mentioned a spot out in challmette, he said he got two pairs of bred 4s out there two weeks after the release, anyone know what store he's talking about

I was talking with a few of my boys and one of them mentioned a spot out in challmette, he said he got two pairs of bred 4s out there two weeks after the release, anyone know what store he's talking about

hibbetts on west judge perez dr. right nxt to the chalmette theater. they get gr jordans. nothing limited tho and their selection usually sucks. got the raptor 7s out there couple weeks after release cuz the last hurricane messed up their shipment and by the time they got theirs people already bought elsewhere. place gets lines tho for the more hyped jordans. nice to see a chalmette mention in here tho....thats my hometown :-D holla if we got any other chalmette heads in here o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
Than
hibbetts on west judge perez dr. right nxt to the chalmette theater. they get gr jordans. nothing limited tho and their selection usually sucks. got the raptor 7s out there couple weeks after release cuz the last hurricane messed up their shipment and by the time they got theirs people already bought elsewhere. place gets lines tho for the more hyped jordans. nice to see a chalmette mention in here tho....thats my hometown :-D holla if we got any other chalmette heads in here o_O
thanks bruh, I'm tryin to find new spots to go to, I usually go to the source on manhattan but they talkin about making the bugs bunny 8s 300 dollars

Than
thanks bruh, I'm tryin to find new spots to go to, I usually go to the source on manhattan but they talkin about making the bugs bunny 8s 300 dollars

This is why I haven't bought from them in a long time. I understand that Jordans are basically what's keeping them open, but you've got to figure something else out. Has anyone been hitting the Dr. Jays out in Esplanade Mall yet? Seems like they just opened recently, and since that mall seems to be on its way out I'm not sure what all they really get in, found a good deal on some Trainer 1s there, but I'm probably one of 6 people in this city that was after those.

Than
I use to mess with the source in kenner on veterans. just like any other store in NOLA..it was all about money!!!

I got off this morning from work and headed straight to the mall. Footlocker opened at 8, but since I got real cool with both of the asst. managers..they let me in the mall with them around 6:45 and started pulling the shoes I wanted from the back. I already have the red suede and black snakeskin kobe's. I wanted the red camo's and was on the fence about the kobe volts (was waiting to see them in person). I figured I'll grab the volts since they were a HOH only release and I'll just try to grab the red camo through my homeboy swoosh account when I got home. I also grabbed the black snakeskin for him and 2 pair of LeBron Dolphins for co-workers. I get home and hit him up and he said the red camo's was on swoosh for $84. I told him to grabbed them..I called him later on today and he said he forgot...smh!! He got online and my sizes was sold out. I also ask about the KD5 "Hulk", Lebron 10 "Floridian", Lebron "Home". The Hulk was still regular price "so I passed", Lebron "Home" was $108 "didn't have my size", but I got the Lebron Floridian for $108!!! I got on footlocker and they still had a full size run...got my red camo's!!!!!

I use to mess with the source in kenner on veterans. just like any other store in NOLA..it was all about money!!!
Yea, only reason I shopped There was because half the people at a release didn't want to pay 200 to 250 dollars and that gave me a better chance at getting a shoe, but I might have to give that ticket procedure a try,

Yea, only reason I shopped There was because half the people at a release didn't want to pay 200 to 250 dollars and that gave me a better chance at getting a shoe, but I might have to give that ticket procedure a try,
most people hate it, but I like it!!!! I use to be a big online buyer!! I use to get all my shoes from finishline. while everyone else was on footlocker (which shares inventory with champs and eastbay). Then I guess people started getting hipped to finishline and I started missing out..then the bots took over...LOL!!! I use to try online because I refused to camp out hours at a time to get to the front and still can't the shoe. It was basically pick your poison..camp out or try online. With the ticket procedure..if you win, you know you have a shoe and that basically elimanates camping. If you don;t win..try online in the a.m.

Back
Top Bottom