NT Let's Talk Horror Movies.....

eek.gif
�I NEED to watch this.

Originally Posted by ATL 23 Jumpmanlove

Originally Posted by Epidemik The Great

does anybody know anything about foreign art house horror type movies??? specifically from Europe???

dont know if its considered "art house" but the Spanish film [rec] was excellent. It was truly the last film that actually scarred the @#$! out of me. I dont think anyone has mentioned it in this thread which is kinda surprising.

I believe Quarantine is the American remake of [rec].

Originally Posted by Ridgemont Fly

Originally Posted by GTEK

Originally Posted by Agent Andre

Originally Posted by GTEK

Originally Posted by Agent Andre

You guys are all naming kids stuff..exorcist...last house on the left...cannibal holocaust...all %%#!! %*%+.

Exorcist and Cannibal holocaust are both horror genre classics.
I dont see you naming anything?
nerd.gif
Insideposter.jpg

Frontiersposter.jpg

Martyrs_tp01.jpg

If you haven't seen these you don't know horror. Straight up.

You cant choose from 8 films to die for. Thats cheating. I havent seen Martyrs yet though.
Remember this dude is watching these with a chick.
laugh.gif

And that Frontieres poster made me think about High Tension. Which would be another good choice.
smile.gif
Inside & Martyrs are
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
haven't seen Frontieres but i heard it is
pimp.gif
i think ima sick dude cuz none of the movies affect me.

Martyrs was a very good movies
high tension was trash didnt like it
wolf creek was trash as well
frontiers wasnt that good either.

but to me i juss love to watch horror movies idc if there good or bad i will give them all a try, i will say those europeans visuals are crazy they always pushthe boundaries

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I know I'm going to regret this tomorrow, but I'm going to watch Cannibal Holocaust tonight.

x's 2. Here I go.

Newer horror flicks don't scare me and they barely entertain me. It's all gore now. I like watching the old "scary" movies that messed withyou psychologically and not just through blood on screen.

My personal favorites are:
Halloween ( I love the theme by John Carpenter)
Nightmare on Elm Street

I don't remember Wolf Creek at all. And I thought The Shining was boring.

I'll definitely be checking out other films suggested in this thread

Originally Posted by cosuna

Newer horror flicks don't scare me and they barely entertain me. It's all gore now. I like watching the old "scary" movies that messed with you psychologically and not just through blood on screen.

My personal favorites are:
Halloween ( I love the theme by John Carpenter)
Nightmare on Elm Street

I don't remember Wolf Creek at all. And I thought The Shining was boring.

I'll definitely be checking out other films suggested in this thread
Word.
pimp.gif

New horror films are point suckish...

I was usually never scared of any horror film, though. I used to be up at night convincing myself that it just wasn't real.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by blacklion23

Night of the Living Dead with Tony Todd was pretty decent. OG Chainsaw Massacre was nice.
i was gonna suggest that version of night of the living dead also. my fave is og texas chainsaw masacre. it was creepy and horrific. the ogamityville horror is good too.

High Tension is good. When the dude was in the field shooting after the little boy/brother I was just like DAMN.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Paranormal Activity looks dope.

I'm still waiting for The Poughkeepsie Tapes to release.

The hand-held camera theme is def picking up in Hollywood.

And many people in this thread dont know the difference between a Slasher film and a Horror film.
Also I wouldnt use films released in America as my basis for saying the Horror genre sucks.
smh.gif

high tension was definitely one of the worst movies i've seen up there with blair witch.

about to check out the french ones in a bit.

didn't really like the orphanage know somebody asked, kinda boring.

probably discredit myself with this one but i liked the strangers it came close to the whole scary w/o blood and gore stuff imo but i mean you're older nowi doubt things are gonna get to you as easily as when you were younger.

im sure the stuff kids watch now are scaring them. e.g. saw compared to like children of the corn

People saying Hostel and Hostel 2 need to stop. Those are not horror movies.

Take it for what it's worth...but I actually realllly enjoy "The Descent." I say enjoy because I watch it from time to time.

The elements of horror portrayed in this movie are great. The confined spaces, dark scenes, and even the monsters. Def. one of my favorite films.

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

probably discredit myself with this one but i liked the strangers it came close to the whole scary w/o blood and gore stuff imo but i mean you're older now i doubt things are gonna get to you as easily as when you were younger.
you know what i liked it too, no it wasnt the best movie out but wasnt the worst, it entertained me, and its crazy cuz something like that canreally happen

Mann just finished watching that Cannibal holocaust flick and i ain't even flinch. It was nasty tho
sick.gif
sick.gif
looks very realistic nothing else. On the other hand that Paranormal Activity movie looks interesting.
Horror flicks don't scare me how they used to anymore
tired.gif

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

People saying Hostel and Hostel 2 need to stop. Those are not horror movies.

Take it for what it's worth...but I actually realllly enjoy "The Descent." I say enjoy because I watch it from time to time.

The elements of horror portrayed in this movie are great. The confined spaces, dark scenes, and even the monsters. Def. one of my favorite films.

QFT!
Thank You.
Those types of movies are simply Slashers and Gorefests.
Yes those are elements of horror but todays movies just OD it.
The great Horror movies dont have to show you a thing at all but will still have you bugging.
Because of its psychological take. Thats why most of the great horrors are of past, because of the budgets they had, the story would have to
have the foundation of a good plot and psychologoical scares not just $15 mill worth of Flesh ripping Graphics.

As the Great Elbert Robert once said.

"Everyone knows that they are trully afraid of the noise in the dark rather than what actually made the noise in thedark"

Back
Top Bottom