NT, Real Talk - How Do You Feel About Gays?

Originally Posted by JaysRcrak

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Originally Posted by toast1985

No problem w/ Homosexuality as a whole, and I honestly mean that. I just fear we're losing grip of gender roles in society today. There are various reasons one would choose to be gay in our day in age, but I think that there are a little too much guys and girls swinging to homosexuality for the wrong reasons. Very tough to state, because who am I to judge one's reason for homosexuality?

...However, from my observations, there is always one prevailing variable among young women and men who choose to turn that route today; Guys - a lack of a strong father figure within the house-hold, Ladies - a lack of self-esteem. I think society place such a high standard on men being strong, independent, and suppressing emotion that the requirements may seem insurmountable to sustain. Its almost as, if you're not an Alpha in social settings you're either highly feminine, or display a lot of Beta characteristics (or simpish traits, as we know it). Likewise with Women, its almost as if you're beautiful, or you're not, and society will consistently remind you if you're not.

...Just my thoughts.
Wow.  A 190 word response negated and made worthless by the use of 1 word.    

how was it negated and made worthless?

Because sexual orientation isn't a choice.

No problem w/ Homosexuality as a whole, and I honestly mean that. I just fear we're losing grip of gender roles in society today. There are various reasons one would choose to be gay in our day in age, but I think that there are a little too much guys and girls swinging to homosexuality for the wrong reasons. Very tough to state, because who am I to judge one's reason for homosexuality?

...However, from my observations, there is always one prevailing variable among young women and men who choose to turn that route today; Guys - a lack of a strong father figure within the house-hold, Ladies - a lack of self-esteem. I think society place such a high standard on men being strong, independent, and suppressing emotion that the requirements may seem insurmountable to sustain. Its almost as, if you're not an Alpha in social settings you're either highly feminine, or display a lot of Beta characteristics (or simpish traits, as we know it). Likewise with Women, its almost as if you're beautiful, or you're not, and society will consistently remind you if you're not.

...Just my thoughts.

...Just my thoughts.

You do know you just opened up a big @%* can of worms with that right?

...Just my thoughts.

You do know you just opened up a big @%* can of worms with that right?

I dont have a problem unless they are the in your face type of homosexual.  Like when every comment has to be about something of that concern instead of having a regular conversation

I dont have a problem unless they are the in your face type of homosexual.  Like when every comment has to be about something of that concern instead of having a regular conversation

They aren't that bad. Just don't like the flameboyant ones who OD with their gay behavior. Yes your gay, we know that, but don't start talking about your activities. Its mad disrespectful

I still call them gay or the f word (not to their face, but in conversations with others)which is something I really need to stop doing.

They aren't that bad. Just don't like the flameboyant ones who OD with their gay behavior. Yes your gay, we know that, but don't start talking about your activities. Its mad disrespectful

I still call them gay or the f word (not to their face, but in conversations with others)which is something I really need to stop doing.

Originally Posted by Mogulson

it's the same if a straight person is loudly talkin about how some skeezerr gave him head,  or if a girl is loudly letting the world know how she sat on some dudes face  as well  but i feel where your comming from though

Originally Posted by Mogulson

it's the same if a straight person is loudly talkin about how some skeezerr gave him head,  or if a girl is loudly letting the world know how she sat on some dudes face  as well  but i feel where your comming from though

Originally Posted by Theta

its like 80 quotes and a bunch of AYOOO's with that .gif of a close up on some black dudes hat (that says AYO) as he points to it 
That made me laugh for a stupid reason.
laugh.gif
 That's Redman you're speaking of.

Originally Posted by Theta

its like 80 quotes and a bunch of AYOOO's with that .gif of a close up on some black dudes hat (that says AYO) as he points to it 
That made me laugh for a stupid reason.
laugh.gif
 That's Redman you're speaking of.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

How do you feel about the blacks?
How do you feel about the Jews?
How do you feel about the old?
How do you feel about women?
How do you feel about Muslims?

Why stop at gays....we might as well ask the same of other groups that are different from yourself while you're at it.
Basically.

As I get older I've spent more and more time around gay dudes and dropped my prejudices.  Unfortunately, most people have this image of gay guys as the dude from America's Next Top Model.  Couldn't be farther from the truth. Those are mostly the gays who are comfortable to come out.  Funny thing is there are def. some gay guys on this site who no one would ever know but are just too scared to accept it themselves or hide it from everyone around them.  And guess what, I've been hit on by a gay guy in my life and its not the biggest deal in the world.  If you straight brush it off, why would it even matter?  It's not like dude is actually going to try to butt rape you or something
laugh.gif

And to my black people who are saying they cool as long as they ain't the loud, flamboyant types...Sounds a lot like people saying I'm ok with blacks, I just don't like N_.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

I don't see saying ayo or no %%#% as being homophobic, just as another testosterone fueled response especially when hanging with your boys. I really don't care enough to hate/love, but i still get the giggles sometimes when my boys do something unintentionally gay.

I don't see saying ayo or no %%#% as being homophobic, just as another testosterone fueled response especially when hanging with your boys. I really don't care enough to hate/love, but i still get the giggles sometimes when my boys do something unintentionally gay.

Why stop at gays....we might as well ask the same of other groups that are different from yourself while you're at it.
Basically.

As I get older I've spent more and more time around gay dudes and dropped my prejudices.  Unfortunately, most people have this image of gay guys as the dude from America's Next Top Model.  Couldn't be farther from the truth. Those are mostly the gays who are comfortable to come out.  Funny thing is there are def. some gay guys on this site who no one would ever know but are just too scared to accept it themselves or hide it from everyone around them.  And guess what, I've been hit on by a gay guy in my life and its not the biggest deal in the world.  If you straight brush it off, why would it even matter?  It's not like dude is actually going to try to butt rape you or something
laugh.gif

And to my black people who are saying they cool as long as they ain't the loud, flamboyant types...Sounds a lot like people saying I'm ok with blacks, I just don't like N_.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Basically.

laugh.gif

A lot of groups of people have stereotypes and mannerisms that annoy the hell out of me...yes black people included. It's no reason to hate anyone.

...Just my thoughts.

+1 thank you
you don't @*%%!$ decide whether you want to be gay or not. it just happens.

i think i've brought this up before, but this is the example that has me convinced it's not a preference.  

my best friend of 15 years told me that he thought boys were attractive in grade 3 or 4. yes you read that correct... at that age, you don't know what the hell being gay means. therefore, i'm convinced that sexual preference isn't something we choose, rather something that we are born with. 

Originally Posted by omgitswes

no problem with them at all. I just can't stand the loud obnoxious gay that has to be center of attention all the time.

That goes for straight/bi/asexual people too
this

Originally Posted by omgitswes

no problem with them at all. I just can't stand the loud obnoxious gay that has to be center of attention all the time.

That goes for straight/bi/asexual people too
this

...Just my thoughts.

+1 thank you
you don't @*%%!$ decide whether you want to be gay or not. it just happens.

i think i've brought this up before, but this is the example that has me convinced it's not a preference.  

my best friend of 15 years told me that he thought boys were attractive in grade 3 or 4. yes you read that correct... at that age, you don't know what the hell being gay means. therefore, i'm convinced that sexual preference isn't something we choose, rather something that we are born with. 

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Basically.

laugh.gif

A lot of groups of people have stereotypes and mannerisms that annoy the hell out of me...yes black people included. It's no reason to hate anyone.

StaXX wrote:

x3..
even my gay friends say it. *shrug*

StaXX wrote:

x3..
even my gay friends say it. *shrug*

My whole point...+++$ I don't like 95% of people, gays included. But that has nothing to do with sexual orientation, race, ethnicity or whatever people/society use to define themselves.  Truth be told, no dudes are better at giving you put on's with females than gay dudes
pimp.gif
. What Niketalk doesn't understand is gay people realize the perception of them and it hovers around their existence, 99.9% of those dudes realize the perception most straight males have of them and they don't want to feed into that image.

Back
Top Bottom