NT, Real Talk - How Do You Feel About Gays?

Judging gay people as apposed to another race or religion is a completely different concept. 
To be gay is a decision, you can't choose your race. As for religion its instilled into you depending on how religious your parents ago. Gay people choose to be different therefore they get no sympathy. 

Judging gay people as apposed to another race or religion is a completely different concept. 
To be gay is a decision, you can't choose your race. As for religion its instilled into you depending on how religious your parents ago. Gay people choose to be different therefore they get no sympathy. 

I'm cool with them as long as they don't try any of their 'beliefs' on me, and keep a distance.

I personally don't care if someone is gay or not, I just worry about myself and that's it.
tired.gif

Spoiler [+]

I'm cool with them as long as they don't try any of their 'beliefs' on me, and keep a distance.

I personally don't care if someone is gay or not, I just worry about myself and that's it.
tired.gif

Spoiler [+]

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

It's a decision? Who the hell would decide to be gay with the baggage that comes along with being gay?

It's a decision? Who the hell would decide to be gay with the baggage that comes along with being gay?

I don't like that some of them purposely act girly.

I knew a dude who at school would act and talk all girly and stuff, but when he would go home (to his parents who didn't know he was gay) he would act and talk like a straight dude with a deep voice.

It's like they are putting on an act sometimes. Just be yourself.

I don't like that some of them purposely act girly.

I knew a dude who at school would act and talk all girly and stuff, but when he would go home (to his parents who didn't know he was gay) he would act and talk like a straight dude with a deep voice.

It's like they are putting on an act sometimes. Just be yourself.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Originally Posted by illwill8710

I just have a problem with the extra flamboyant ones. It's not cool for a male to be on public transportation with a blouse, tootoo, hot pants and ugg boots on and have the nerve to get mad when everyone is like
sick.gif
. That and some of the conversations they have in public about their sexuality are
sick.gif
. It's kinda disrespectful IMO.

Besides that I don't have a problem. The majority of homosexuals I know are cool people.
I agree but in my opinion, all public conversations about sexual exploits are disrespectful.  My annoyance isn't pinpointed to one sexual preference.
I agree I just feel that some homosexual make it a point to bring up sexual exploits to prove their sexual proles to the public. Similar to how many teenagers males do but its not something I notice homosexuals growing out of. 

Originally Posted by illwill8710

I just have a problem with the extra flamboyant ones. It's not cool for a male to be on public transportation with a blouse, tootoo, hot pants and ugg boots on and have the nerve to get mad when everyone is like
sick.gif
. That and some of the conversations they have in public about their sexuality are
sick.gif
. It's kinda disrespectful IMO.

Besides that I don't have a problem. The majority of homosexuals I know are cool people.
I agree but in my opinion, all public conversations about sexual exploits are disrespectful.  My annoyance isn't pinpointed to one sexual preference.
I agree I just feel that some homosexual make it a point to bring up sexual exploits to prove their sexual proles to the public. Similar to how many teenagers males do but its not something I notice homosexuals growing out of. 

i got no problem with gays at all, one of my friend is gay and I crack gay jokes on him all the time and he seem to be mad cool about it

one thing is for sure

gays can out party any straights any day of the week, they know how to have fun

i got no problem with gays at all, one of my friend is gay and I crack gay jokes on him all the time and he seem to be mad cool about it

one thing is for sure

gays can out party any straights any day of the week, they know how to have fun

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

The ol' "Decision v. Born-that-way" debate.

When will people realize it's not one way or the other,  but both? Sometimes a person is "born" that way (naturally attracted) to the same sex, and sometimes it is a conscious decision on their part. It really does vary from person to person.
Personally I think its a decision, but thats a whole other topic.
I want to be that "good" person and say that gays are like us, and should be treated no less. And I do feel that way. Every gay person ive come into contact with has been cool. I do however just hate the idea and feel its completely disgusting if I think about it for more than a minute. 

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

The ol' "Decision v. Born-that-way" debate.

When will people realize it's not one way or the other,  but both? Sometimes a person is "born" that way (naturally attracted) to the same sex, and sometimes it is a conscious decision on their part. It really does vary from person to person.
Personally I think its a decision, but thats a whole other topic.
I want to be that "good" person and say that gays are like us, and should be treated no less. And I do feel that way. Every gay person ive come into contact with has been cool. I do however just hate the idea and feel its completely disgusting if I think about it for more than a minute. 

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

How do you feel about the blacks?
How do you feel about the Jews?
How do you feel about the old?
How do you feel about women?
How do you feel about Muslims?

Why stop at gays....we might as well ask the same of other groups that are different from yourself while you're at it.
Basically.

As I get older I've spent more and more time around gay dudes and dropped my prejudices.  Unfortunately, most people have this image of gay guys as the dude from America's Next Top Model.  Couldn't be farther from the truth. Those are mostly the gays who are comfortable to come out.  Funny thing is there are def. some gay guys on this site who no one would ever know but are just too scared to accept it themselves or hide it from everyone around them.  And guess what, I've been hit on by a gay guy in my life and its not the biggest deal in the world.  If you straight brush it off, why would it even matter?  It's not like dude is actually going to try to butt rape you or something
laugh.gif

And to my black people who are saying they cool as long as they ain't the loud, flamboyant types...Sounds a lot like people saying I'm ok with blacks, I just don't like N_.
Yup.  'I accept you but only if you stay within the confines of what I find comfy.'
But the bolded part is EXACTLY how I feel though
I dont care if you're gay but that overly flamboyance is annoying and obnoxious as all hell.  Same with black people, hell I go to a damn HBCU, but some these extra ignorant Negroes piss me off just as much any overly flamboyant gay person.  Why is it necessary to act in such a ignorant manner and be extra?

Same with every other ignorant person who may be white, hispanic, asian, etc.  If you act stupid and bring attention yourself intentionally I don't have respect for you.

And if its not obvious...I'm black.
Ok, but see your point isn't only relevant to gay people, it's every ignorant person that annoys you.  Where I get confused is as to why people find it necessary to point out they don't like a certain type of homosexual when really they just don't like that type of person period.  Would you ever say 'I don't mind gays...I just don't like the kind that break into my house and steal my stuff'? 

Originally Posted by malikdagoat

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

How do you feel about the blacks?
How do you feel about the Jews?
How do you feel about the old?
How do you feel about women?
How do you feel about Muslims?

Why stop at gays....we might as well ask the same of other groups that are different from yourself while you're at it.
Basically.

As I get older I've spent more and more time around gay dudes and dropped my prejudices.  Unfortunately, most people have this image of gay guys as the dude from America's Next Top Model.  Couldn't be farther from the truth. Those are mostly the gays who are comfortable to come out.  Funny thing is there are def. some gay guys on this site who no one would ever know but are just too scared to accept it themselves or hide it from everyone around them.  And guess what, I've been hit on by a gay guy in my life and its not the biggest deal in the world.  If you straight brush it off, why would it even matter?  It's not like dude is actually going to try to butt rape you or something
laugh.gif

And to my black people who are saying they cool as long as they ain't the loud, flamboyant types...Sounds a lot like people saying I'm ok with blacks, I just don't like N_.
Yup.  'I accept you but only if you stay within the confines of what I find comfy.'
But the bolded part is EXACTLY how I feel though
I dont care if you're gay but that overly flamboyance is annoying and obnoxious as all hell.  Same with black people, hell I go to a damn HBCU, but some these extra ignorant Negroes piss me off just as much any overly flamboyant gay person.  Why is it necessary to act in such a ignorant manner and be extra?

Same with every other ignorant person who may be white, hispanic, asian, etc.  If you act stupid and bring attention yourself intentionally I don't have respect for you.

And if its not obvious...I'm black.
Ok, but see your point isn't only relevant to gay people, it's every ignorant person that annoys you.  Where I get confused is as to why people find it necessary to point out they don't like a certain type of homosexual when really they just don't like that type of person period.  Would you ever say 'I don't mind gays...I just don't like the kind that break into my house and steal my stuff'? 

And what about black gays? California lost the prop 8 issue not because of blacks, but because they didn't have the black GAY vote. That is the thing with being black, the womens movement, the now- gay movement, blacks always get the short end. The gay community- or "pro-gay community" if you will did little to address issues that black gay men, and women deal with. They ignored the issue entirely.

Their lifestyle repulses me, save for the attractive homosexual females.

As individual people, though, no hate [solely for them being homosexuals].

And what about black gays? California lost the prop 8 issue not because of blacks, but because they didn't have the black GAY vote. That is the thing with being black, the womens movement, the now- gay movement, blacks always get the short end. The gay community- or "pro-gay community" if you will did little to address issues that black gay men, and women deal with. They ignored the issue entirely.

Their lifestyle repulses me, save for the attractive homosexual females.

As individual people, though, no hate [solely for them being homosexuals].

Originally Posted by rashi

LOL I used to think it was a joke, but people really do think gay people get up one morning and have an epiphany that they love penis. No one is that stupid.
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom