NT, Real Talk - How Do You Feel About Gays?

My whole point...+++$ I don't like 95% of people, gays included. But that has nothing to do with sexual orientation, race, ethnicity or whatever people/society use to define themselves.  Truth be told, no dudes are better at giving you put on's with females than gay dudes
pimp.gif
. What Niketalk doesn't understand is gay people realize the perception of them and it hovers around their existence, 99.9% of those dudes realize the perception most straight males have of them and they don't want to feed into that image.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

How do you feel about the blacks?
How do you feel about the Jews?
How do you feel about the old?
How do you feel about women?
How do you feel about Muslims?

Why stop at gays....we might as well ask the same of other groups that are different from yourself while you're at it.
Basically.

As I get older I've spent more and more time around gay dudes and dropped my prejudices.  Unfortunately, most people have this image of gay guys as the dude from America's Next Top Model.  Couldn't be farther from the truth. Those are mostly the gays who are comfortable to come out.  Funny thing is there are def. some gay guys on this site who no one would ever know but are just too scared to accept it themselves or hide it from everyone around them.  And guess what, I've been hit on by a gay guy in my life and its not the biggest deal in the world.  If you straight brush it off, why would it even matter?  It's not like dude is actually going to try to butt rape you or something
laugh.gif

And to my black people who are saying they cool as long as they ain't the loud, flamboyant types...Sounds a lot like people saying I'm ok with blacks, I just don't like N_.
Yup.  'I accept you but only if you stay within the confines of what I find comfy.'

Why stop at gays....we might as well ask the same of other groups that are different from yourself while you're at it.
Basically.

As I get older I've spent more and more time around gay dudes and dropped my prejudices.  Unfortunately, most people have this image of gay guys as the dude from America's Next Top Model.  Couldn't be farther from the truth. Those are mostly the gays who are comfortable to come out.  Funny thing is there are def. some gay guys on this site who no one would ever know but are just too scared to accept it themselves or hide it from everyone around them.  And guess what, I've been hit on by a gay guy in my life and its not the biggest deal in the world.  If you straight brush it off, why would it even matter?  It's not like dude is actually going to try to butt rape you or something
laugh.gif

And to my black people who are saying they cool as long as they ain't the loud, flamboyant types...Sounds a lot like people saying I'm ok with blacks, I just don't like N_.
Yup.  'I accept you but only if you stay within the confines of what I find comfy.'

Originally Posted by Diego

Real ghey people being ghey = Not funny, nothing wrong with it.

Heteros saying something that can be interpreted as AYO = Funny, cue the gifs.

Then theres Meangene but hes in a league of his own.

Its just like locker room talk bro. Dont take it so serious.
In a way though, that's no different than if a bunch of white guys drop the N word when they're in a group, while not actually using it in front of black people

Originally Posted by Diego

Real ghey people being ghey = Not funny, nothing wrong with it.

Heteros saying something that can be interpreted as AYO = Funny, cue the gifs.

Then theres Meangene but hes in a league of his own.

Its just like locker room talk bro. Dont take it so serious.
In a way though, that's no different than if a bunch of white guys drop the N word when they're in a group, while not actually using it in front of black people

I have no problem with it. As others said, just don't aggressively flirt with me and I'm good.
The glorification of Gays is another thing (there can be a discourse with regards to comedians, race and just general control of the subliminal messaging) but there's enough discussion on NT with all the "conspiracy theorists."
Lastly, the deceit factor. That one thread where a lot of people were shocked with a certain individual being questionably female. It's like come out and say it, don't bother hiding it especially if you know the other person isn't for your specific sexual orientation. This can scar a person (even those who question their partners sexual history and whether they have diseases or not).

I have LGBT friends and family members. They understand where I'm coming from and if anyone NT thinks I'm ignorant then that's on you. But this should be reasonable for the most part.

I have no problem with it. As others said, just don't aggressively flirt with me and I'm good.
The glorification of Gays is another thing (there can be a discourse with regards to comedians, race and just general control of the subliminal messaging) but there's enough discussion on NT with all the "conspiracy theorists."
Lastly, the deceit factor. That one thread where a lot of people were shocked with a certain individual being questionably female. It's like come out and say it, don't bother hiding it especially if you know the other person isn't for your specific sexual orientation. This can scar a person (even those who question their partners sexual history and whether they have diseases or not).

I have LGBT friends and family members. They understand where I'm coming from and if anyone NT thinks I'm ignorant then that's on you. But this should be reasonable for the most part.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Only 3,4 pages before blacks were dragged into the convo. Good job.

not to mention old people, muslims, women, and jews.  Sensitive?  Good job!

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Only 3,4 pages before blacks were dragged into the convo. Good job.

not to mention old people, muslims, women, and jews.  Sensitive?  Good job!

How can people be so sure being gay isnt a choice for SOME people?

Im sure plenty of people were born gay, but some people had to make that choice...for whatever reason.

Why cant it be both? A choice for some folks and just natural for others?

Im sure plenty of people were born gay, but some people had to make that choice...for whatever reason.

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Same way I feel about Mexicans.

may not have meant to be funny...but i most def just spit my water out after scrolling and seeing this.

Originally Posted by MJsaver

The males who aren't born gay and become that way is typically because they were sexually abused at a young age. Usually by an older male. And even then it isn't so much of a choice as it is something to do with their psyche. However, when it comes to women I think most people in the medical field who deal with these types of people would agree that they're much more fluid in changing their sexual orientation based on choice.

Originally Posted by MJsaver

The males who aren't born gay and become that way is typically because they were sexually abused at a young age. Usually by an older male. And even then it isn't so much of a choice as it is something to do with their psyche. However, when it comes to women I think most people in the medical field who deal with these types of people would agree that they're much more fluid in changing their sexual orientation based on choice.

Originally Posted by Nike Star Jay

Same way I feel about Mexicans.

may not have meant to be funny...but i most def just spit my water out after scrolling and seeing this.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Basically.

laugh.gif

But the bolded part is EXACTLY how I feel though
I dont care if you're gay but that overly flamboyance is annoying and obnoxious as all hell.  Same with black people, hell I go to a damn HBCU, but some these extra ignorant Negroes piss me off just as much any overly flamboyant gay person.  Why is it necessary to act in such a ignorant manner and be extra?

Same with every other ignorant person who may be white, hispanic, asian, etc.  If you act stupid and bring attention yourself intentionally I don't have respect for you.

And if its not obvious...I'm black.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Basically.

laugh.gif

But the bolded part is EXACTLY how I feel though
I dont care if you're gay but that overly flamboyance is annoying and obnoxious as all hell.  Same with black people, hell I go to a damn HBCU, but some these extra ignorant Negroes piss me off just as much any overly flamboyant gay person.  Why is it necessary to act in such a ignorant manner and be extra?

Same with every other ignorant person who may be white, hispanic, asian, etc.  If you act stupid and bring attention yourself intentionally I don't have respect for you.

And if its not obvious...I'm black.

Back
Top Bottom