NT, Real Talk - How Do You Feel About Gays?

It's a disability of some sort

like a form of ******ation but of the sexual preference. I mean not worthy enough to give out handicapped spaces over but enough to have some understanding

Some of the gay dudes just can't help it, they act the way they do cause it's natural to them. Ever see a gay dude try and act straight but you can still tell he gay?

Just let them live

like a form of ******ation but of the sexual preference. I mean not worthy enough to give out handicapped spaces over but enough to have some understanding

Some of the gay dudes just can't help it, they act the way they do cause it's natural to them. Ever see a gay dude try and act straight but you can still tell he gay?

Just let them live

Originally Posted by Eranoitckik

Just let them live

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Eranoitckik

Just let them live

roll.gif

Originally Posted by IMPORTKING

my opinion is enough to get me banned, therfore ,im not a fan of them .

nuff said.

x2

But to you guys saying its not a choice to become gay, do you really believe people are born gay or straight? You believe some guys come out the womb %+$%? No one is born gay, they are made gay by their enviroment

I'm fine with homosexuals as long as they stop comparing there hardships to those of African Americans. It isn't even in the same boat, I have no choice of the color of my skin.

I'm fine with homosexuals as long as they stop comparing there hardships to those of African Americans. It isn't even in the same boat, I have no choice of the color of my skin.

nuff said.

x2

But to you guys saying its not a choice to become gay, do you really believe people are born gay or straight? You believe some guys come out the womb %+$%? No one is born gay, they are made gay by their enviroment

Nike Star Jay wrote: I'm saying you reject the idea of having sex with a woman which is why you choose to date men.

So she doesn't date men because she is attracted to them but because she rejects women?

not being attracted to =/= rejecting

Nike Star Jay wrote: I'm saying you reject the idea of having sex with a woman which is why you choose to date men.

So she doesn't date men because she is attracted to them but because she rejects women?

not being attracted to =/= rejecting

Originally Posted by AZwildcats

nuff said.

x2

Did you choose to be straight?  When did you make that decision?

[h1]Scans see 'gay brain differences'[/h1]
[table][tr][td]
_44750796_gay226.jpg

The study suggests sexual orientation may be set in the womb
[/td][/tr][/table]
The brains of gay men and women look like those found in heterosexual people of the opposite sex, research suggests.

The Swedish study, published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences journal, compared the size of the brain's halves in 90 adults.

Gay men and heterosexual women had halves of a similar size, while the right side was bigger in lesbian women and heterosexual men.
A UK scientist said this was evidence sexual orientation was set in the womb.
Scientists have noticed for some time that homosexual people of both sexes have differences in certain cognitive abilities, suggesting there may be subtle differences in their brain structure.

This is the first time, however, that scientists have used brain scanners to try to look for the source of those differences.

A group of 90 healthy gay and heterosexual adults, men and women, were scanned by the Karolinska Institute scientists to measure the volume of both sides, or hemispheres, of their brain.

When these results were collected, it was found that lesbians and heterosexual men shared a particular "asymmetry" in their hemisphere size, while heterosexual women and gay men had no difference between the size of the different halves of their brain.

In other words, structurally, at least, the brains of gay men were more like heterosexual women, and gay women more like heterosexual men.

A further experiment found that in one particular area of the brain, the amygdala, there were other significant differences.

In heterosexual men and gay women, there were more nerve "connections" in the right side of the amygdala, compared with the left.

The reverse, with more neural connections in the left amygdala, was the case in homosexual men and heterosexual women.

The Karolinska team said that these differences could not be mainly explained by "learned" effects, but needed another mechanism to set them, either before or after birth.

'Fight, flight or mate'

Dr Qazi Rahman, a lecturer in cognitive biology at Queen Mary, University of London, said that he believed that these brain differences were laid down early in foetal development.

"As far as I'm concerned there is no argument any more - if you are gay, you are born gay," he said.

The amygdala, he said, was important because of its role in "orientating", or directing, the rest of the brain in response to an emotional stimulus - be it during the "fight or flight" response, or the presence of a potential mate.

"In other words, the brain network which determines what sexual orientation actually 'orients' towards is similar between gay men and straight women, and between gay women and straight men.
"This makes sense given that gay men have a sexual preference which is like that of women in general, that is, preferring men, and vice versa for lesbian women."

nuff said.

x2

[table][tr][td]
_44750796_gay226.jpg

[/td][/tr][/table]
The brains of gay men and women look like those found in heterosexual people of the opposite sex, research suggests.

The Swedish study, published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences journal, compared the size of the brain's halves in 90 adults.

Gay men and heterosexual women had halves of a similar size, while the right side was bigger in lesbian women and heterosexual men.
A UK scientist said this was evidence sexual orientation was set in the womb.
Scientists have noticed for some time that homosexual people of both sexes have differences in certain cognitive abilities, suggesting there may be subtle differences in their brain structure.

This is the first time, however, that scientists have used brain scanners to try to look for the source of those differences.

A group of 90 healthy gay and heterosexual adults, men and women, were scanned by the Karolinska Institute scientists to measure the volume of both sides, or hemispheres, of their brain.

When these results were collected, it was found that lesbians and heterosexual men shared a particular "asymmetry" in their hemisphere size, while heterosexual women and gay men had no difference between the size of the different halves of their brain.

In other words, structurally, at least, the brains of gay men were more like heterosexual women, and gay women more like heterosexual men.

A further experiment found that in one particular area of the brain, the amygdala, there were other significant differences.

In heterosexual men and gay women, there were more nerve "connections" in the right side of the amygdala, compared with the left.

The reverse, with more neural connections in the left amygdala, was the case in homosexual men and heterosexual women.

The Karolinska team said that these differences could not be mainly explained by "learned" effects, but needed another mechanism to set them, either before or after birth.

'Fight, flight or mate'

Dr Qazi Rahman, a lecturer in cognitive biology at Queen Mary, University of London, said that he believed that these brain differences were laid down early in foetal development.

"As far as I'm concerned there is no argument any more - if you are gay, you are born gay," he said.

The amygdala, he said, was important because of its role in "orientating", or directing, the rest of the brain in response to an emotional stimulus - be it during the "fight or flight" response, or the presence of a potential mate.

"In other words, the brain network which determines what sexual orientation actually 'orients' towards is similar between gay men and straight women, and between gay women and straight men.
"This makes sense given that gay men have a sexual preference which is like that of women in general, that is, preferring men, and vice versa for lesbian women."

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by rashi

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Judging gay people as apposed to another race or religion is a completely different concept. 
To be gay is a decision, you can't choose your race. As for religion its instilled into you depending on how religious your parents ago. Gay people choose to be different therefore they get no sympathy. 

It's a decision? Who the hell would decide to be gay with the baggage that comes along with being gay?

LOL I used to think it was a joke, but people really do think gay people get up one morning and have an epiphany that they love penis. No one is that stupid.
30t6p3b.gif

Its not about a sudden light bulb that just goes off obviously, thats naive. 
Its about deep rooted mental problems which have occurred over a period of time that me or you couldn't understand.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by rashi

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Judging gay people as apposed to another race or religion is a completely different concept. 
To be gay is a decision, you can't choose your race. As for religion its instilled into you depending on how religious your parents ago. Gay people choose to be different therefore they get no sympathy. 

It's a decision? Who the hell would decide to be gay with the baggage that comes along with being gay?

LOL I used to think it was a joke, but people really do think gay people get up one morning and have an epiphany that they love penis. No one is that stupid.
30t6p3b.gif

Its not about a sudden light bulb that just goes off obviously, thats naive. 
Its about deep rooted mental problems which have occurred over a period of time that me or you couldn't understand.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

nuff said.

x2

[table][tr][td]
_44750796_gay226.jpg

[/td][/tr][/table]

For an argument regarding the topic of the article, the amydala which to be as simple as possible is the part of the brain that controls fear and emotion.

So based on that article is it possible that the way a person's amydala structure is formed could cause an extreme shyness (based on his flight-or-flight response) to relationships with women? In turn his operant learning patterns could adapt to the possibility of making him gay? 

I'm not throwing out anyone's opinion here.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

nuff said.

x2

[table][tr][td]
_44750796_gay226.jpg

[/td][/tr][/table]

For an argument regarding the topic of the article, the amydala which to be as simple as possible is the part of the brain that controls fear and emotion.

So based on that article is it possible that the way a person's amydala structure is formed could cause an extreme shyness (based on his flight-or-flight response) to relationships with women? In turn his operant learning patterns could adapt to the possibility of making him gay? 

I'm not throwing out anyone's opinion here.

It's like seeing NTers profess their love for fat broads, do I get it, nah, but it's not my business to judge.
Do what you want as long as all parties are consenting.

It's like seeing NTers profess their love for fat broads, do I get it, nah, but it's not my business to judge.
Do what you want as long as all parties are consenting.

Whether or not homosexuality is genetic or environmental, it is not relevant in this discussion. 

Many argue the heightened sense of sexuality bombarding us on a regular basis could play a roll in sexual development.  Still, genetic   Regardless, it doesn't matter.

Gay people don't actively choose to be gay.  This much is clear, and to argue otherwise is ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom