NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Took your advice from yesterday and cracked a More Citra and Green City. I found this rendition of More Citra to be much more syrupy/sweet than previous renditions. The HDHC batches have been insane though. Not mad that I only have 2 cans of this.

You're right about Green City though. Talk about a near-perfect beer. So well balanced and flavorful. I've heard rumors of a DDH batch, which has me equal parts excited and apprehensive.
Agreed on all parts. The More Citra was great for the novelty but give me a good batch of ACE and Citra Daydream over this. I much prefer lower ABV stuff

I’d say GC is definitely up there right next to Space Diamonds and ACE as far as core beer goes (4th anniversary is a favorite as well). Green City was the first IPA in a while that made me go ‘damn’. So flavorful and balanced

Don’t wanna bring all of the corona discussion into this thread but hope all is well man. Stay safe and lmk if you need anything. Same goes for all the folks in here, especially if you still go to work around people on a regular basis. Cheers fam

crazy out there. So many breweries trying to get by with growlers (of which you have to buy the glass too), or the smaller canned crowlers. I've been avoiding that nonsense. Canned or bottled or ****. Many prices aren't leaning towards them really wanting this stuff sold.

These distributing breweries are finally getting the upper hand.

No thanks to a $18 growler of beer that may barely be at the level of two hearted ($11/six).

It will not take a pandemic for me to shift to LFLS (local for local sake). Business as usual for me for now. So many of these smaller breweries are now trying to get their remaining seasonal stock from kegs into cans. I applaud that effort.

What are you all up to beer wise?

I just went beer shopping at total wine. I have never seen so much beer available and fully stocked. Either they are restocking and refilling areas like crazy, or people have slowed down on the buying. I'm still budget buying and not doing the crowler thing.
I already own 20 glass growlers. I don't need more.

I'm not really into trying to go to too many places when I go out. So it's really been grocery store buys mixed with a beer store run once a week. These hole in the wall breweries aren't really getting my attention for a dedicated drive to their breweries. Maybe if they lowered their prices and actually treated it like they were going out of business. Only one I know of is selling growlers for $7. The rest is business as usual.

EC0E2BB2-E850-4BD3-9569-00D50368C2CB.jpeg

I don’t know if they’ve ever missed (for me). One of the best things about being in this part of the country

Thought my beer buying would slow down but with all these breweries doing delivery now, it’s even easier to get. Take Monkish for example, even they are doing delivery. My buddy lives in Cali and we’re gonna split a case next week. Also, the spot near me that gets Other Half is a short drive away AND you can reserve your order online beforehand.

Like I said before, it’s business as usual, maybe even increased business for these “big” micro breweries like Other Half, Trillium, Monkish, Tired Hands. And for the smaller, local ones that most people outside of their city never heard of, it’s hurting season.

Cant blame these breweries for trying to sell Crowlers or Growlers. Most of them don’t own their own canning lines. But I agree that they should price beer accordingly due to this pandemic

pizza boy near me did $40 cases of any of their beer. Now they are clearing out the other packaged beer from the other breweries that they sell.Their inventory will most likely be completely gone but they still have nearly 100 taps to clear out that they most likely won’t be able to. So dumping or selling old beer it is

auggie carton of carton brewing brought up in his podcast that if this were to last over a month (like it’s already confirmed to be), he’s already expecting to take the hit of providing fresh kegs for free to all the bars that carry his beer.

^wish I were closer to Harrisburg to take advantage of the Pizza Boy deal they had last week

looked like they sold everything except maybe a half pallet of what I suspect was Haters Tears

^wish I were closer to Harrisburg to take advantage of the Pizza Boy deal they had last week

looked like they sold everything except maybe a half pallet of what I suspect was Haters Tears
$40 was a great deal. Just dunno if I could go through an entire case of beer of their stuff

Could get used to this delivery thing. Just ordered a mixed case of Equilibrium cans to split with my charge nurse at work. :pimp:

TW had the cops called on them this morning. My state put a stop to all liquor store sales within like a 12 hr time frame. TW was calling themselves a grocery store. Sadly the smaller local shops have to close too. There is no curbside, delivery, or drive through services allowed in my state.

Breweries can remain open for pick up/take out only. But even that can be changed within hours.

Luckily local stall worth La Cumbre released the last in their hazy series. 1st one has one type of hops. Second one has its own etc. That final four release is this one. Quite magical. For now, I still have a months worth of beer if I ration.

Crazy times.
DAC9BC24-763A-4149-BB27-E9F3B872A1D9.jpeg

TW had the cops called on them this morning. My state put a stop to all liquor store sales within like a 12 hr time frame. TW was calling themselves a grocery store. Sadly the smaller local shops have to close too. There is no curbside, delivery, or drive through services allowed in my state.

Breweries can remain open for pick up/take out only. But even that can be changed within hours.

Luckily local stall worth La Cumbre released the last in their hazy series. 1st one has one type of hops. Second one has its own etc. That final four release is this one. Quite magical. For now, I still have a months worth of beer if I ration.

Crazy times.
DAC9BC24-763A-4149-BB27-E9F3B872A1D9.jpeg
If you know of a successful way to ship that you can teach me id me more than willing to get some of our local stuff your way.

^^i see you with your referral code

they had Great Notion Blueberry Muffin on there which is one of the better Kettle Sours out there imo

^yea, I found out after it was too late

I would have started a crate if I had known when that was available

that prompted me to delete and re download the app because I was having a problem turning on the notification previously

Speaking of Tavour....

app glitched on me so somehow ordered 5x ADWTD. Really only want one, especially at $50 a can. Glad I had some credit to burn though
1E71A9C5-04A6-4785-A8CD-45918F50F2E1.png

Couldn’t resist. ACE, Space Diamonds, AND Green City in the same week? Super fresh, super green :lol: needs at least another week or so. What a great beer though
5A132A60-4212-4E91-BF48-68A4AA48BF5B.jpeg

Couldn’t resist. ACE, Space Diamonds, AND Green City in the same week? Super fresh, super green :lol: needs at least another week or so. What a great beer though
5A132A60-4212-4E91-BF48-68A4AA48BF5B.jpeg
Had a can yesterday. A lot of people clamoring about how this is an "off" batch.

I swear these beer nerds are just bored with too much time on their hands. It's not their greatest batch ever, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with it either.

Had a can yesterday. A lot of people clamoring about how this is an "off" batch.

I swear these beer nerds are just bored with too much time on their hands. It's not their greatest batch ever, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with it either.
Agreed. Definitely a green/vegetal character at the end but that’s because 1) it’s super fresh and 2) that bitterness is a defining characteristic of ACE which makes it so great. A “hazy west coast IPA”

have you tried the new Space Diamonds batch yet?

Back
Top Bottom