NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Lol sorry for ruining this thread with the huge link a few pages ago. Anyway I just swooped up a 6 pack of tiger. Never had it before.

Dogfish 120 is disgusting

You gotta get your beer palette up. I wouldn't say it's delicious, but I enjoyed it. I've had murkier, muddier, harsher ****. I've been meaning to get some of that mead I saw, forgot what brand, but the alcohol level was like 20%. And Yardhouse is good money, surprised there isn't one in DMV.

I had a 120 at Yardhouse off tap, just tasted like booze, was too much. I am a big fan of IPA's but that **** is just too harsh.

Hitting up the Lagunitas brewery this week :smokin Had their Undercover the other day and it was :pimp: 9.6% too

Last edited:
Went to Northern Michigan this weekend.  Made my first trek to Short's.  Got a growler of this:

Also tried the Van Dammage, PB & Banana Wheat, and the In the Wheat of Passion.  Liked the all but the PB & Banana.  Also went to Right Brain Brewery.  Really cool place.  Had the Cherry Pie Whole.  They throw whole cherry pies in while brewing.  Pretty interesting beer.  Also had the Stowaway Saison.  That was a very good beer.  Finally I went to a newer place called Brewery Ferment.  Nice little place with really friendly people.  Had the Mitten Wit which was good and also a special stout that I can't recall the name of.  The stout had a very interesting flavor unlike any stout I have had before. Finally stopped at a local beer and wine store and picked up this:

and some of this:

How is dogfish head 60 and 90 after a few months in the fridge? I don't have the nerve to drink my last two, knowing I can't get obtain any more until next year. So they are just sitting in the fridge waiting for the right time.. I'm guessing they are about 6 months after brew date.

-----------
Went by the beer store today, only to see all of the oskar blues ten fidy sold. :smh: Every time I had been there in a 8 week span, plenty. Now people want it? This place did have some Deschutes Summer ale for half off, Widmer Columbia Common, and WIdmer Nelson IPA for half off. You can't beat 4 bucks on a six pack.. Reviews to follow on those.

Went by another place to locate some ten fidy, and found a stocked fridge of Stone bombers. IRS, espresso IRS, Perfect crime collab, vertical epic 12.12.12, and mint chocolate imperial stout... Looking at reviews, I stuck with the one I knew I liked, IRS. That one should take some pain away from having no ten fidy.
--------

I had two sam adams beers tonight from the beers of summer pack

Blueberry Hill Lager- Blueberry taste was quite pleasant. But then they tried to sneak hops in there and that aftertaste is just rotten. :x

Belgium Session- This one tastes a bit like it wants to be a hefeweizen but doesn't know what it truly wants to be... This one is really mild in flavor and taste.. Almost like a "LIGHT half hefe" taste.. Definitely has that session feel. But why not bump up your ABVs from 4.2% range to the other true hefe's in the 5% range that carry more flavors.

Both of these tonight leave me wanting to get away from SA beers unfortunately. Maybe the others in the pack will be better.

How is dogfish head 60 and 90 after a few months in the fridge? I don't have the nerve to drink my last two, knowing I can't get obtain any more until next year. So they are just sitting in the fridge waiting for the right time.. I'm guessing they are about 6 months after brew date.

-----------
Went by the beer store today, only to see all of the oskar blues ten fidy sold. :smh: Every time I had been there in a 8 week span, plenty. Now people want it? This place did have some Deschutes Summer ale for half off, Widmer Columbia Common, and WIdmer Nelson IPA for half off. You can't beat 4 bucks on a six pack.. Reviews to follow on those.

Went by another place to locate some ten fidy, and found a stocked fridge of Stone bombers. IRS, espresso IRS, Perfect crime collab, vertical epic 12.12.12, and mint chocolate imperial stout... Looking at reviews, I stuck with the one I knew I liked, IRS. That one should take some pain away from having no ten fidy.
--------

I had two sam adams beers tonight from the beers of summer pack

Blueberry Hill Lager- Blueberry taste was quite pleasant. But then they tried to sneak hops in there and that aftertaste is just rotten. :x

Belgium Session- This one tastes a bit like it wants to be a hefeweizen but doesn't know what it truly wants to be... This one is really mild in flavor and taste.. Almost like a "LIGHT half hefe" taste.. Definitely has that session feel. But why not bump up your ABVs from 4.2% range to the other true hefe's in the 5% range that carry more flavors.

Both of these tonight leave me wanting to get away from SA beers unfortunately. Maybe the others in the pack will be better.

dogfish in a bottle stays fresh for a min imo. obv the closer u drink to brew date the better. dogfish from tap is garbage. ALWAYS. **** is only made for da bottle. the whole point of IPA is that it stays fresh longer. you should be good.

now this joint right here is :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

I saw you got Troegs, try their Dreamweaver

It's an unfiltered wheat, pretty good

My fav breweries have good summer stuff try...

Dogfish Head Festina Peche
Bells Oberon
Victory Summer Love

Bruh, I had that Dreamweaver last night.... My body wasn't ready. Joint was so damn tasty.

Went to a pub with a chick last night for some drinks. Had these:

Green Flash IPA
Sam Adams Cherry Wheat
Lancaster Strawberry wheat
Troegs Dreamweaver
Sea Dog Blueberry

I said this before but I need to emphasize again. Girls who are into beers>>>>>.

Bruh, I had that Dreamweaver last night.... My body wasn't ready. Joint was so damn tasty.

Went to a pub with a chick last night for some drinks. Had these:

Green Flash IPA
Sam Adams Cherry Wheat
Lancaster Strawberry wheat
Troegs Dreamweaver
Sea Dog Blueberry

I said this before but I need to emphasize again. Girls who are into beers>>>>>.

Yeah man I love Dreamweaver, love the hint of the banana in it

Chicks who dig beer are the best your right

One of my students at my college drives a Mustang and loves beer, she also tells me I smell good

Man if I wouldn't get fired lol

One of my students at my college drives a Mustang and loves beer, she also tells me I smell good

Girls who love beer and cars are keepers, especially if they are beautiful man.

What school do you work at?

Girls who love beer and cars are keepers, especially if they are beautiful man.

What school do you work at?

Man she loved beers, cars, sports (legit sports fan not that flaky ****), cooking and she was smart, tall, fun, funny and beautiful. No wonder it's so tough for her memory to fade to black.

Last edited:
Grabbed a Founders Dirty Bastard and Double Trouble for the Draft tonight... Along with some soda water for a night cap

Grabbed 3 bottles of pliney the elder couple days ago. First time having it and it definitely lives up to the hype. Need to get some younger now.

Had this:

for lunch. It's only 5.5% and I had to go back to the office after lunch.
Not bad, not great. A bit on the bitter side for a Hef in my opinion.

-J-

Welp..

I'm a sucker for sales.. I probably said it before over the years

I mentioned in a prior post about some Deschutes Summer Ale, Widmer O'Ryelly IPA, and some Widmer Columbia Common being on sale.. I gave in unfortunately..

All were rated rather mediocre by beer websites, so I had some inclination of what to expect

Summer Ale-- Rather bitter/hoppy up front right off the initial taste. It never really lets down. I wouldn't call it a IPA type bitterness either. It's just very strange.. C grade remains on this one

O-Ryelly IPA- Very malt forward with just hints of hops. But it's not the hop bursts you would expect out of an IPA. So many breweries do such a better job that it becomes sad that so many breweries are just mediocre. It's not the pleasant hop smell we are accustom to. How you make hops smell skunked, I haven't a clue... C grade

Columbia Common- This one went down smooth but as I tasted it. Nothing really stood out. I couldn't really pick this one apart. Like so many average beers, it was just 'there'. C grade

All were drinkable and I'll gladly finish off the six packs I bought. But at the same time, they aren't necessarily "bliss" to drink.. With such amazing beers out there, each drink could be one to cherish.. Instead I am left with a dozen beers I will just drink down between the better beers.
-----------

To finish off the beers of summer Sam Adams pack, I tried Porch Rocker, and Little White Rye.

Porch Rocker was supposedly a lemonade type mixture mixed with beer. It was overly sweet and a SAD, UGLY, DISGUSTING drink to finish.. I'd rather drink the shocktops, blue moons, and abita's of the world.

Little White Rye- Orange peel, Coriander.. Your typical "blue moon" type substitute.. This one featured Sage as an ingredient along the brew cycle. It didn't really stand out. But I guess it was in there.. This one was the best of the bunch. I'd rate this one low Bs.

Also among the beers of summer was their Summer Ale and Boston Lager.. I have reviewed both before. And I think I've changed my tune on one... The Summer Ale is a bit hard to drink. Same with the Lager.. Something is off with these beers.. Striking out on 5 of 6 shouldn't happen. But they have continually been putting some weird off flavors in their beers
-------------

On a more positive note, Sierra Nevada was on sale at my local grocery store. I scored a couple six packs of Kellerweis for quite the bargain.. This is one sessionable, drinkable Hefe.. With the summer days so hot, I tend to need to drink beers rather quickly to keep them cold. So a 4.8% Hefe is the perfect beer.. It has now beat out most of the summer ales I have tried as the perfect sunny day beer. I try to do IPAs on those days, but the sessions don't last as long as they should.

If it hasn't been stated enough, Buy this Kellerweis beer asap. It is quite appealing.. Top notch american Hefeweizen flavor.

Last edited:
Beers from last night:

Troegs Dreamweaver: I actually really liked this ever since I tried it this past week based on StillIn's recommendation. It's has a little spicy aftertaste with a hint of Banana. So damn good

Troegs Hopback Amber Ale: I wasn't a fan of this. I'm not a big fan of IPAs or anything too hoppy for that matter. Luckily I only bought a six pack, I'll be giving it away to someone or something

Sam Adams Cherry Wheat: Third time I've had this this past week. Super super good. Nice wheat beer with a hint of Cherry. The cherry is just the right amount. Enough to taste it, but not enough to overpower it. Two of the people I was with last night said it tasted/smelled like medicine. I got the smell but not really the taste

Curious Traveler Shandy: Not a fan of this at all. Literally tasted like watered down lemonade crystal light. Almost no flavor. I've had more flavor from Natty and Keystone. 

Magic Hat #9: I've had this several times before but never shared my thoughts with this. This is a very popular craft brew, if you will. Too me, a lot of Pale Ale's are very hoppy but have a fruity taste at the end to make up for it (Think Sierra Nevada). For me, this one had a little more fruit, making it more drinkable. I just can't imagine myself drinking several of these. 

Sam Adams Summer Ale: This is the standard summer brew for many people. My father always has a case of this. While it's very good and drinkable, I just can't drink it anymore. Gets very old very fast. Nothing to outstanding about it but still a solid beer nonetheless

From my instragram
Summer beers on tap for this hot night. Wailua is one of my favorite summer brews. The Solace is damn tasty. And that Summer Shandy could be dangerous. Furst time having it. Tastes like a lemon drop candy.
#summershandy #wailuawheat #firestonewalkersolace

-J-

Follow me btw. I post beer, food and shoe pics.
jnance88

Back
Top Bottom