NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

IMG_1128.JPG
Trillium pier to end the night.

Cloud drop is legit (and rising). Brewed at von trapp in Stowe, a couple miles away from alchemist under contract for Upper Pass brewing. As an FYI. Definitely better than a 4.26 on ba imho.

Skadoosh super unique hop bite. Dare I say, liked it more than heady topper, which quickly became my 8th or 9th favorite of my trip. Definitely more of a ibu bite, which is why I think it doesn't get the full score it should.

Although it was super fun to have 1-3 of those HTs every day. Palate fatigue is a real thing. One day, it tasted different than another. I remember one instance where it all came together. Easily 5/5 beer. Other days 4/5 tops. Floral, slightly creamy and soft. Dare I say old school NE style IPA. It's being surpassed imho.

crumps brother crumps brother definitely cool to try something different after so many ipas. I agree there. It's just funny seeing 3-5 eureka beers in the top 10 for the style in American blonde ale style on BA and people dropping serious money for it. An American blonde is trade worthy? I guess I'm just stumped. Not to say that it's not good. But can TH do no wrong? I think the hype aura is affecting sooo many people. They could dry hop bud light and that would climb to top 10 on the AAL list.

I will say. I don't know how people do it. Back to palate fatigue. I was generally done after 3-4 samples. And had days where they all just tasted the same. Not saying people can't rate and review things thoroughly. But not this guy. Having those options everyday was amazing but how can people function and rate properly? I question all of that right now.

Comparison Ford Comparison Ford interesting you mention just being 'done' with trillium. I'm sort of done with the style all together. Haven't had a beer, let alone a IPA since returning. I do agree about the yeasty goop. Trillium canned beers let down faster than any other ones I had. I almost feel like I've had some of the best of the best and don't ever need another beer. Weird mindset for a guy who just visited 20+ breweries in a 10 day span.

Skadoosh super unique hop bite. Dare I say, liked it more than heady topper, which quickly became my 8th or 9th favorite of my trip. Definitely more of a ibu bite, which is why I think it doesn't get the full score it should.

crumps brother crumps brother definitely cool to try something different after so many ipas. I agree there. It's just funny seeing 3-5 eureka beers in the top 10 for the style in American blonde ale style on BA and people dropping serious money for it. An American blonde is trade worthy? I guess I'm just stumped. Not to say that it's not good. But can TH do no wrong? I think the hype aura is affecting sooo many people. They could dry hop bud light and that would climb to top 10 on the AAL list.
I liked Skadoosh a lot...maybe more than HT which I feel is overrated...I could take either one over the other depending on the day but it would more often than not be Skadoosh

Eureka is easily the most enjoyable Blonde ale i've had...though it's a style I tend not to bother with

for what it's worth, they were only $3.20 a can if I recall correctly and I traded a can of Eureka and a can of bright for OH Fully Loaded Potatoes and DDH Stacks On Stacks to someone, as well as Eureka x2 and bright x2 for a 4 pack of Trill/OH THTT to someone else while in Boston

Last edited:
Anyone buying or had the Dogfish Head World Wide Stout? 16% ABV but it's going for $11 a bottle or $45ish for a 4 pack. Worth it?

Comparison Ford Comparison Ford interesting you mention just being 'done' with trillium. I'm sort of done with the style all together. Haven't had a beer, let alone a IPA since returning. I do agree about the yeasty goop. Trillium canned beers let down faster than any other ones I had. I almost feel like I've had some of the best of the best and don't ever need another beer. Weird mindset for a guy who just visited 20+ breweries in a 10 day span.
I definitely get the lack of enthusiasm when you go back to drinking your "usual fare" after being inundated with amazing beer. Had no desire to go to Other Half last Saturday, and I'm only going this Saturday to complete a trade. Though apparently the newest beer they released, Green Power, is absolutely incredible and people are throwing out Tree House comparisons left and right.

Speaking of Other Half: the new tasting room is currently up and running and it seems as if they've ramped up their canning production. They did a silent release of Green Power on the day of opening and they released DDH Dream in Green the day after. They also did another mid-week release last week with Oh... . This weekend is another 4 cans. Excited to see what the future has in store, especially considering that I'm most likely moving to Brooklyn or Queens by the beginning of next year. The future is looking very bright for Other Half right now.

IMG_1140.JPG

Had to work this evening but my wife surprised me with the 12th labor release from Orpheus brewing in Atlanta tonight. Remember having this in 2015 and being blown away. Can't wait for the weekend.

The girlfriend bought this for me like 2 months ago and Its been in the fridge. Its not bad. I don't know I would get it again, but I would definetly drink it again. Lol.
Screenshot_2017-08-18-19-51-00.png

IMG_1143.JPG
IMG_1146.JPG
Visited Orpheus for a barrel aged tasting. The two stouts are The 12th labor and Ye Who Entered Here. Both have a light fruity taste to them that balance out the high abv at 13.9% and 14% respectively. Also had Noise and Flesh, a port barrel aged sour with GA blackberries which gave the beer an awesome color. Last was sirens, a fermented wild ale with green strawberries aged in wine barrels.

Last edited:
20170818_173635~2.jpg
Yeah, not sure Mead is for me. Gotta try to find some dry ones. Really enjoyed Amra, tasted like a balanced Flesh and Blood. Not cloying at all.

20170820_101121~2.jpg

I definitely get the lack of enthusiasm when you go back to drinking your "usual fare" after being inundated with amazing beer. Had no desire to go to Other Half last Saturday, and I'm only going this Saturday to complete a trade. Though apparently the newest beer they released, Green Power, is absolutely incredible and people are throwing out Tree House comparisons left and right.

Speaking of Other Half: the new tasting room is currently up and running and it seems as if they've ramped up their canning production. They did a silent release of Green Power on the day of opening and they released DDH Dream in Green the day after. They also did another mid-week release last week with Oh... . This weekend is another 4 cans. Excited to see what the future has in store, especially considering that I'm most likely moving to Brooklyn or Queens by the beginning of next year. The future is looking very bright for Other Half right now.
Great to hear about OH and it's new tasting room. Even when I was in NYC last year, many people didn't know who they were and these were craft places. Now I'm sure that's all different with news articles and such talking about lines and hyped beer. That's both good and bad. Bad for lines. Good because I'm sure quality has gone up to warrant lines.

I think I've turned a corner. 8, going on 9 days since my last beer. That probably hasn't happened in 8-9 years (a weekend brewery tasting room visit has almost always happened every weekend since I can remember). VT really broke me man. I missed out on la cumbres full Nelson release for the first time ever. Their ne IPA was canned for the last time this year and I didn't get any. Anderson valley has their blood orange gose return locally. I usually buy cases worth. A lot of times we get in that FOMO mindset.

Maybe a light switch went off when I was out east. I'm eating less, sweating less, feeling better, sleeping better. I'm not just going cold turkey on every front. I still visit and read beer stuff. I just flat out don't have a desire to have even one beer. The thought of it makes me sick. I did have a evening where I went 6-7 dipas deep and wasn't feeling so well. It hasnt been the same since. I'll still check up in here and see what's new. I'm not saying I got drunk everyday but a 1-2 beer nightly session was not out of the norm. Not sure why I'm telling y'all all this. I want to see how far I can take this. Wish me luck.

Wet hop season is close. Fbs is coming within the next few weeks. It actually hasn't been tough considering my desire levels are at zero.

I went 6-7 dipas deep and wasn't feeling so well. It hasnt been the same since.

I had a similar experience with multiple stouts in one sitting earlier this year. I haven't had one since. No desire, and the thought of one makes me think "ugh".

It sounds like not drinking is working great for you, I say keep it up.

Last edited:
I did have a evening where I went 6-7 dipas deep and wasn't feeling so well. It hasnt been the same since. I'll still check up in here and see what's new. I'm not saying I got drunk everyday but a 1-2 beer nightly session was not out of the norm. Not sure why I'm telling y'all all this. I want to see how far I can take this. Wish me luck.

6-7 DIPA's!? Most I've had was 3 and I was dunzo! Glad you're feeling better though Wally. Moderation is key!

Sipping on these the past few days. Destination Unknown DIPA by FW, single hopped with Mosaic. I think FW hit it out the park with this one. There's a slight pungency with this but I don't mind it one bit. Straight tropical fruit juice! Fantastic brew!

IMG_3734.JPG

Post Coast IPA from Temescal. Second beer I've had from them and I'm really digging this one. Orange and tangerine notes throughout with a nice soft finish. Looking forward to trying more beers from them.

IMG_3735.JPG

I do not recommend this, I will never get it again......I like Founders stuff, but I'm close to pouring this out.
Screenshot_2017-08-25-19-28-05.png
Popped this open. Not bad at all. Reminds me of the "Hazelnut Brown Nectar".
Screenshot_2017-08-25-16-48-04.png

Last edited:
20170823_160036~2.jpg

Been a while since I've had jai alai. Maybe the third time this year. I gotta agree with complaints that since they've contracted their brewing out(partially?) a while back that it's become maltier. Not bad by any means but reminds me more of an apa.

20170825_180925~2.jpg

Anyone had super shine?

I really like Due South's stuff, I've yet to have something from them that disappoints.

In brooklyn for the weekend before classes start. I will be heading out to OH in the morning since theyre releasing about 4 brews. Anyone else ever been there on a Saturday release? Is there anything I should plan ahead for? First time going and will be purchasing to bring back home with me. I had a pale ale at Pig Beach earlier and it was quite impressive for a 4.2% abv

In brooklyn for the weekend before classes start. I will be heading out to OH in the morning since theyre releasing about 4 brews. Anyone else ever been there on a Saturday release? Is there anything I should plan ahead for? First time going and will be purchasing to bring back home with me. I had a pale ale at Pig Beach earlier and it was quite impressive for a 4.2% abv
Tomorrow should be a mellow release. 3 out of the 4 beers have been released already. Cream Get the Honey is the only new one. The other beers are very good, but I'll be skipping this one in favor of hitting up LIC Beer Project. If you're dead-set on ensuring that you get all 4 beers, I would try to be there by 8:00-8:30. I would imagine that the first two beers to sell out will be DDH Space Diamonds and Cream Get the Honey. DDH Daydream In Green and Baby Diamonds should last past noon at the very least.

If i can't grab all 4 its fine with me. My first time out here in brooklyn so why not. Ill keep that in mind. Ive also come across LIC project too when I was looking up breweries in NY, im not a fan of sours but how would you rate their sours or ales?

Back
Top Bottom