NT, WHAT MASKS Y'ALL WEARING ? ? ? ?

People been claiming you need n95s or you gonna catch all the rona but I've been using disposable ones and double layer cotton ones and been fine. Granted I've only been going to grocery stores and takeout places.

I was only wearing N95 masks early in the pandemic but found them too suffocating to wear for long periods of time, and unnecessary for low risk day to day situations. I've switched to KN95 and they're much better for my needs, but I've tried alot of different ones and there's definitely a big difference between brands. The generic kind I wear to work are alot more breathable and easy to wear for most of the day without hurting my ears. The ones I wear in public are either 3M (9501+) or Honeywell (H910 Plus) and both are the highest quality with the best filtration, IMO. The biggest difference is that the 3M earloop straps aren't as stretchy and can get uncomfortable to wear for more than an hour, so I only use them for quick shopping trips or in/out errands. The Honeywell are more comfortable and suitable for longer wear. There are several top rated reputable sellers on eBay who import and sell both for around $3-5 per mask. I bought a 50 pack of each and rotate 5 (each one in a separate envelope numbered 1-5) so that I can reuse them many times and any viral particles that might be on the exterior have time to die before I wear that mask again ~5 days later. They should last me quite a while in case this pandemic drags on as long as I fear it might.

I was only wearing N95 masks early in the pandemic but found them too suffocating to wear for long periods of time, and unnecessary for low risk day to day situations. I've switched to KN95 and they're much better for my needs, but I've tried alot of different ones and there's definitely a big difference between brands. The generic kind I wear to work are alot more breathable and easy to wear for most of the day without hurting my ears. The ones I wear in public are either 3M (9501+) or Honeywell (H910 Plus) and both are the highest quality with the best filtration, IMO. The biggest difference is that the 3M earloop straps aren't as stretchy and can get uncomfortable to wear for more than an hour, so I only use them for quick shopping trips or in/out errands. The Honeywell are more comfortable and suitable for longer wear. There are several top rated reputable sellers on eBay who import and sell both for around $3-5 per mask. I bought a 50 pack of each and rotate 5 (each one in a separate envelope numbered 1-5) so that I can reuse them many times and any viral particles that might be on the exterior have time to die before I wear that mask again ~5 days later. They should last me quite a while in case this pandemic drags on as long as I fear it might.
So you dropped $200 for a box of those masks?

I'm good as hell. I'll stick to the disposables @ 3.99 per 50

$200 isn't even much.

I paid $400 for two of the airinum masks on eBay. Since the filters are sold out I'll just buy more of those masks. I'd rather be safe.

Last edited:
So you dropped $200 for a box of those masks?

I'm good as hell. I'll stick to the disposables @ 3.99 per 50

Yeah I've definitely dropped a few bills on masks this year. We all drop plenty of money on shoes that we hardly (or never) wear but you think spending money on something that will actually protect you and (potentially) save your life isn't worth it? Life is about priorities and health is at the top for me.

B1DA205E-86C0-421E-A2F0-2D0B5C3203DB.jpeg

Blake P Blake P def knows his masks. those 3m kn95s have great fit but the ear loop tension is def tough for long wears. after using that honeywell mask, i ordered some for my fam and we use those if we go into a store and a powecom kn95 daily. some of the generic kn95s feel super thin and the metal nose piece separates from the mask too easily. spending the money on masks was not a hard decision seeing as i’ve spent so many thousands on shoes since i’ve been here on NT and i am exposed to a high risk population working at a rehab. i have some 3m n95s stashed but i don’t use em.
1AB5BC38-507F-4E82-AFC2-0FACA5A0E9E0.jpeg

Cop’d the Uniqlo Airism masks to try out. Been using it for a couple weeks and they are very breathable. I would recommend this mask for people who work out, etc... I will be using them for my bike rides if needed. I also ordered these Honeywell masks to try as well.

Cop’d the Uniqlo Airism masks to try out. Been using it for a couple weeks and they are very breathable. I would recommend this mask for people who work out, etc... I will be using them for my bike rides if needed. I also ordered these Honeywell masks to try as well.

I ordered this (from xtratuf), I like the idea of it. It's essentially a custom cut kn95 style filter under a cloth mask. It still has that sideways duckbill look i'm not crazy on, but I still dig it. Put an actual KN95 in it and it still fit perfectly as well, might order a bulk of those off ebay alongside some of the Honeywell filters.

Just ordered this LaLinen mask today..It's a 9x9 adjustable mask that looks perfect for big guys with beards..Comes in a variety of colors and has an removable neck strap..And it's got the internal nose piece so my glasses won't fog up..I hope this thing works and is worth the money..I've done spent damn near $100 trying to find the right masks for the whole fam..

With the mask mandate coming back, new technology, new variants and new science. Any new masks anyone suggests????

Back
Top Bottom