NT, what's your opinion on buying a rental car?

Good? Bad?

Would you do it?
nerd.gif

Definatley not.. I know whenever i rent a car.. i thrash it.. driving crazy.. its great cuz you know its not your car..
So think of it like this,  a regular used car has 1-5 past owners.. this one has much more that never cared about it

Definatley not.. I know whenever i rent a car.. i thrash it.. driving crazy.. its great cuz you know its not your car..
So think of it like this,  a regular used car has 1-5 past owners.. this one has much more that never cared about it

Originally Posted by washanobotit

when you rent a car, are you going on a trip? or you're just renting a car for the purpose to thrash it?
laugh.gif

I mean all my experiences renting a car or my parents, we never drove any different from if it was our own cars

Originally Posted by washanobotit

when you rent a car, are you going on a trip? or you're just renting a car for the purpose to thrash it?
laugh.gif

I mean all my experiences renting a car or my parents, we never drove any different from if it was our own cars

buying a rental is like marrying a #%#+*%. she may look good, but you just don't know how she was treated by the other drivers.

buying a rental is like marrying a #%#+*%. she may look good, but you just don't know how she was treated by the other drivers.

My friends and I rent cars to go on trips.. But when the trip is ~8 hours (last minute plans to Vegas and plane tickets were $$$), we start losing concentration on the road and start thrashing the ride (plus, it's always fun testing the speed and control of a car that's not your daily driver)..

Aside from my personal driving habits in rentals, the miles on them are usually outrageous (at least from the ones I've seen for sale)..but the year/model for the price can't be beat..

My friends and I rent cars to go on trips.. But when the trip is ~8 hours (last minute plans to Vegas and plane tickets were $$$), we start losing concentration on the road and start thrashing the ride (plus, it's always fun testing the speed and control of a car that's not your daily driver)..

Aside from my personal driving habits in rentals, the miles on them are usually outrageous (at least from the ones I've seen for sale)..but the year/model for the price can't be beat..

never never never in a million years.

like some of the other posters, I too treat any rental like poop. I dont think I've ever had to rent a car that took 91 octane, but if it did.... hell no, you only drink 87. speed bump? F it, im not slowing down, if i bottom out and scratch oh well, not my car.

never never never in a million years.

like some of the other posters, I too treat any rental like poop. I dont think I've ever had to rent a car that took 91 octane, but if it did.... hell no, you only drink 87. speed bump? F it, im not slowing down, if i bottom out and scratch oh well, not my car.

honestly buying a rental car is the way to go, reason why rental companies take care of their cars every time they come back from a trip. they'll do the maintenance rite away. also 90% of people who rent are over the age of 25 and are not reckless drivers so no sweat about. i know 2 person who have bought rental cars and to this day they've been good to them. Note they've had it for over 8 years. most american wont own a car past 6

honestly buying a rental car is the way to go, reason why rental companies take care of their cars every time they come back from a trip. they'll do the maintenance rite away. also 90% of people who rent are over the age of 25 and are not reckless drivers so no sweat about. i know 2 person who have bought rental cars and to this day they've been good to them. Note they've had it for over 8 years. most american wont own a car past 6

When I had to rent cars when mine was in the shop.

I'd mash and burn rubber just cause.

I can only imagine what people worse than me do to rental cars, especially the nice ones.

Back
Top Bottom