NT, what's your opinion on buying a rental car?

When I had to rent cars when mine was in the shop.

I'd mash and burn rubber just cause.

I can only imagine what people worse than me do to rental cars, especially the nice ones.

Originally Posted by peks03

buying a rental is like marrying a #%#+*%. she may look good, but you just don't know how she was treated by the other drivers.

So true.

Trust me. I work at an auction where we sell rental cars from Hertz and Enterprise.

buying a rental is like marrying a #%#+*%. she may look good, but you just don't know how she was treated by the other drivers.

So true.

Trust me. I work at an auction where we sell rental cars from Hertz and Enterprise.

great analogie

great analogie

what's the difference from buying it from someone? wouldn't it be better if it's from a rental service because they do routine maintenance?

I'm looking to buy this 08' Max for $16K 35, xxx

what's the difference from buying it from someone? wouldn't it be better if it's from a rental service because they do routine maintenance?

I'm looking to buy this 08' Max for $16K 35, xxx

some people catch deals...some get burned-

all depends on the history of the car and how reliable the car is in general -

your getting a deal b/c of the high mileage and history of the car...

sometimes you cant control it cause they are sold thru auctions and stuff but if your buying direct from one try to find them far away from urban areas...like you see from some of these posts rentals are treated different in different areas...

i would never buy one from around where i rent em cause i know what I do in them and know that people do alot worse than me
laugh.gif

some people catch deals...some get burned-

all depends on the history of the car and how reliable the car is in general -

your getting a deal b/c of the high mileage and history of the car...

sometimes you cant control it cause they are sold thru auctions and stuff but if your buying direct from one try to find them far away from urban areas...like you see from some of these posts rentals are treated different in different areas...

i would never buy one from around where i rent em cause i know what I do in them and know that people do alot worse than me
laugh.gif

i pulled out skeeted inside a couple of rental cars in my life..
so, no.. i would never consider buying a rental car. 

i pulled out skeeted inside a couple of rental cars in my life..
so, no.. i would never consider buying a rental car. 

Originally Posted by nighthawk9421

honestly buying a rental car is the way to go, reason why rental companies take care of their cars every time they come back from a trip. they'll do the maintenance rite away. also 90% of people who rent are over the age of 25 and are not reckless drivers so no sweat about. i know 2 person who have bought rental cars and to this day they've been good to them. Note they've had it for over 8 years. most american wont own a car past 6

false.

Originally Posted by nighthawk9421

honestly buying a rental car is the way to go, reason why rental companies take care of their cars every time they come back from a trip. they'll do the maintenance rite away. also 90% of people who rent are over the age of 25 and are not reckless drivers so no sweat about. i know 2 person who have bought rental cars and to this day they've been good to them. Note they've had it for over 8 years. most american wont own a car past 6

false.

Treat it like any other used car, make sure you bring it to a mechanic and have someone inspect it even if it will cost a bit extra im sure it will be worth it.

Treat it like any other used car, make sure you bring it to a mechanic and have someone inspect it even if it will cost a bit extra im sure it will be worth it.

I worked at enterprise for 18 months. The have a nice sales pitch on the used rentals but the problems that I'd witness on a daily basis. Issues like employees not recognizing the importance of the TPMS light being on, and putting cars out on, 4 or 5 consecutive rentals, with low tire pressure, just mashing up the suspension. We were supposed to do a LOFR (lube, oil filter, tire rotation) at 4500-5K, and it wouldn't be uncommon for cars to be at 10K still needing the oil change. One time this KIA Rondo needed new wipers bc the rubber had ripped, and my asst manager told the mechanic at STS only to replace the one wiper not both, and then the only wiper broke and scraped the windshield. Customers used to trash cars, you find huge gashes on rocker panels, so god only knows what these people would driver over to do those type of things. Crazy stains that i'd spend 30 mins to get out and such. Drug dealers used to rip cars up to stash stuff, so parts were always loose and broken. I think they'd be a great option if everyone who worked at Enterprise was a "gear head" but it was just a bunch of kids fresh outta college, just renting cars. I literally was the only person in my branch at one point that knew how to change a tire. Sorry for the wall of text.

Cliff-notes:
-Bad look
_not maintained as well as they want you to believe
-customers do some $$*+@## things in cars.

I worked at enterprise for 18 months. The have a nice sales pitch on the used rentals but the problems that I'd witness on a daily basis. Issues like employees not recognizing the importance of the TPMS light being on, and putting cars out on, 4 or 5 consecutive rentals, with low tire pressure, just mashing up the suspension. We were supposed to do a LOFR (lube, oil filter, tire rotation) at 4500-5K, and it wouldn't be uncommon for cars to be at 10K still needing the oil change. One time this KIA Rondo needed new wipers bc the rubber had ripped, and my asst manager told the mechanic at STS only to replace the one wiper not both, and then the only wiper broke and scraped the windshield. Customers used to trash cars, you find huge gashes on rocker panels, so god only knows what these people would driver over to do those type of things. Crazy stains that i'd spend 30 mins to get out and such. Drug dealers used to rip cars up to stash stuff, so parts were always loose and broken. I think they'd be a great option if everyone who worked at Enterprise was a "gear head" but it was just a bunch of kids fresh outta college, just renting cars. I literally was the only person in my branch at one point that knew how to change a tire. Sorry for the wall of text.

Cliff-notes:
-Bad look
_not maintained as well as they want you to believe
-customers do some $$*+@## things in cars.

Back
Top Bottom