NT: Would you not date someone because of their race?

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

I am open to date anyone from any religion/background, but if it has to be serious and marriage potential, has to be family's religion and background.

Why would you be willing to date someone from any religious background but only be willing to get married with someone who shares your religion?
What is the point of dating someone from a different background if you would never let things go to the next level?  Might as well just state from the start that it can never get serious and avoid all the complications that come with the term and the labels of "Dating".
I seem to have a lot more in common with men who are not of my background.

Theres really nothin else to think about.
You shouldnt let your religion get in the way of whatll eventually make you happy. We only live once, who knows how many after-lifes we may have.

Originally Posted by Diego

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

Yea, there's a big difference between not dating/marrying someone because the difference in religion compared to just not dating someone based on JUST their race/ethnicity.  The religion thing is understandable.
Love transcends all things............Except religion?????

tired.gif

Yes..but of course, it shouldn't.

Dima, i doubt your father would cut all ties with you, if you dated outside your religion/race , but then again, i dont know him.

Do you have any specific reasons on why you wouldn't?

There isn't anything wrong with that though... Your preference is your preference.
lol, word.  i heavily favor Hispanic females(preference), but for me to sit here and say ill never date a black girl is preposterous. 

eight2one
ohwell.gif

I'm mixed myself so I'm all for interracial relationships. When I was in high school I really wasn't all that attracted to black chicks but now since I've met a lot more sexier and more intellectual black woman I'm more attracted to them.

Hopefully the whole "my parents won't let me date outside race" ends when our generation is raising our children. But from seeing people say they will NEVER date outside their race, it seems like we'll always have this problem.

Originally Posted by gatorad3

Originally Posted by Kim1

Originally Posted by RLAK824

I've noticed that black women don't tend to date out of there race that much, anyone else notice that ?
Maybe b/c the men of other races are so quick to bash black women
its true. I know some dudes who do. Like if we're at school and chillin in the hallway some guys be quick to point at the fine women of other races but when a cute or fine black chick walk by they don't say anything. I sit there like "what the hell?" lol
that's not bashing though.
bashing would be pointing them out and saying they're ugly.

I've dated many types of ethinicity
East Asian, South Asian, Latina, Black, White.

as previously stated cute is cute...no matter what a person's skin color is.

I don't think not dating outside of or race limits your chances of not meeting "the one". There are millions of people on this earth so it can't be that hard for anyone to find someone in their race/ethnicity/religion that they are compatible with. I don't believe onthe idea of "the one" either so maybe that's why.

why limit yourself?!? (that comes with aything!)...you never know what kinda gem you may stumble upon if you keep a one track mind...you people are REALLY missing out!

iLove weman, period......so lemme have em all by the time i get married so i can make a sound decision on who i want to be with for the rest of my days....
pimp.gif

so far for me.....(no order for favoritism
laugh.gif
)

black
white
black / white
hispanic (el savy, mexy, dominy, pr)
ethiopian
asiain
asian / black
hatian
afghan
persian

"you plain Jane....im diverse" - Weezy

i really just aint attracted to many blacks girls, on a sidenote my girlfriend is black(not mixed).....lol but she is lightskinded.

There's a difference between specifically excluding a race of women from consideration and just not being generally attracted to a specifica race of women...Isn't there?

nope, but i'll be god-damned if imma have someone tell me (especially parents) i cant date outside my race. %#*% em'

Originally Posted by Frische Produkte

Originally Posted by DanzInRealLife

Some of you say ya'll wouldn't have something in common with a person from the opposite sex if they were a different race from you, why is that?

Is it so segregated over there that you don't think you'll have that much in common with them?

I'm sorry, but it baffles me. It's like there's no leeway, no wanting to try and learn about another race or just trying to get along. It's like some people don't put any effort in, and unfortunately they could be missing out on a whole lot of amazing stuff.

*Kanyeshrug* maybe it's me and the culture here in New Zealand, but I'll be damned if I ever let that kind of thinking keep me away from making friends or from potential relationships.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I agree 100%, personally, I think it's stupid..but w/e [/color]
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)].. btw, how's New Zealand? [/color]
nerd.gif
I know I'm late, but the thing is.... I don't have a REASON to WANT to date outside my race other than attraction. There are some FINE Caucasians, Asians, Latinas, and every other race. It's not an attraction issue. I just don't really care to turn my relationship into a symbolic gesture of acceptance and open-mindedness. I just don't give that much of a damn. There's a reason white people invented anthropology 
laugh.gif
. There's almost a sort of guilt that the non-racist whites have because of the racist whites of the past (and the present
eyes.gif
). So the NRWs seem to always want to reach out and ammend things. They wanna learn, and share, and understand, and all that %##%. Me? I just wanna "be". I'm not looking to bridge any gaps or "make a better world" or change the way people view "my people". I just don't..... care. So no, I don't make any special effort to date outside the black community and yes, I naturally assume someone from the black community has a better chance of matching up with my likes, needs, and lifestyle. Go fig..

Originally Posted by LarryIndiana219

Some of you say ya'll wouldn't have something in common with a person from the opposite sex if they were a different race from you, why is that?

Is it so segregated over there that you don't think you'll have that much in common with them?

I'm sorry, but it baffles me. It's like there's no leeway, no wanting to try and learn about another race or just trying to get along. It's like some people don't put any effort in, and unfortunately they could be missing out on a whole lot of amazing stuff.

*Kanyeshrug* maybe it's me and the culture here in New Zealand, but I'll be damned if I ever let that kind of thinking keep me away from making friends or from potential relationships.
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I agree 100%, personally, I think it's stupid..but w/e [/color]
laugh.gif
nerd.gif
to be  honest, dread.  I think the only girls that you can get with are blacks...and a certain type  of black female

edit: Dirty, i heard your voice before, son.  you NEVER dated a Black female
grin.gif

laugh.gif
nerd.gif
to be  honest, dread.  I think the only girls that you can get with are blacks...and a certain type  of black female

grin.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
nerd.gif

grin.gif
Think what you will.  I know who I've dated in the past.  My list is 100% real.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

laugh.gif
nerd.gif

grin.gif
Think what you will.  I know who I've dated in the past.  My list is 100% real.
eek.gif
...props then
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by gatorad3

Originally Posted by Kim1

Originally Posted by RLAK824

I've noticed that black women don't tend to date out of there race that much, anyone else notice that ?
Maybe b/c the men of other races are so quick to bash black women
its true. I know some dudes who do. Like if we're at school and chillin in the hallway some guys be quick to point at the fine women of other races but when a cute or fine black chick walk by they don't say anything. I sit there like "what the hell?" lol
that's not bashing though.
bashing would be pointing them out and saying they're ugly.

I've dated many types of ethinicity
East Asian, South Asian, Latina, Black, White.

as previously stated cute is cute...no matter what a person's skin color is.

Im tryin to understand why its guys that would never date a black girl cuz their just not attracted to them...

Ive never dated a white girl but Ive seen and met plenty of girls that Ive been attracted to....*the Wootie Phenomenon is amazing* but taking that away its still beautiful females that are shaped like sticks that I find attractive from other races

i mean ive personally had my share of the ethnic rainbow but never Caucasian which is paritally my fault I will admit but....

im just curious that why as a black guy I can be attracted to all ethnic backgrounds and see something in them I like but some guys from other races cant be attracted to our females??

they will, they just don't get approached often enough. Whether that is lack of attraction, narrow mindedness or the fear of what others think.

personally, as a white male, i cant date a white female. It just does not click.

My rapport with a black woman is so much better. Plus the attraction is there more. a lot more.
There's a difference between specifically excluding a race of womenfrom consideration and just not being generally attracted to aspecifica race of women...Isn't there?
yeah.

Race is not a problem long as ur cute. But religion is different well not to date but for marriage we have to be on the same page. op u must be from vidor huh im in bmt and we have lots of white girls who date black guys

laugh.gif
nerd.gif

grin.gif

Being on my %+#@ ain't good enough for you.. now you gotta worry about who else been on my %+#@ too? You gay.

Back
Top Bottom