NTers from the actual hood?

That's my block - African dude who owns the store is cool as hell...

...and the funny part is - my block has been gentrified and totally whitewashed - it ain't $*%@ compared to what it used to be.

The store in the video used to be owned by Koreans when I was little, and the block it's on used to have two crackhouses - the stash house was next door to me...

...yeah it "builds character" and all that, but when I was little goin' out to the suburbs - $*%@ ain't make no sense as to why my neighborhood looked so different.

The !%%% we do to deserve to live like this?

That's my block - African dude who owns the store is cool as hell...

...and the funny part is - my block has been gentrified and totally whitewashed - it ain't $*%@ compared to what it used to be.

The store in the video used to be owned by Koreans when I was little, and the block it's on used to have two crackhouses - the stash house was next door to me...

...yeah it "builds character" and all that, but when I was little goin' out to the suburbs - $*%@ ain't make no sense as to why my neighborhood looked so different.

The !%%% we do to deserve to live like this?

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

came from the hood.

D.C. is a big @*+ hood period.......well more white folks are moving back in now sooo...

N.E. and N.W. has their share of hoods even though South side trumps all.....N.W. is more laid back, but you still have your uptown knuckle heads.

won't tell specifically the hood's and/or street's that I lived in and  on though.
Basically this.

I've lived here (in Riggs Park) all my life. You mind your business and don't give anyone a reason to mess with you & you're good.
The saddest part is almost everyone I've grown up with is either dead, in jail, or moved away...

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

came from the hood.

D.C. is a big @*+ hood period.......well more white folks are moving back in now sooo...

N.E. and N.W. has their share of hoods even though South side trumps all.....N.W. is more laid back, but you still have your uptown knuckle heads.

won't tell specifically the hood's and/or street's that I lived in and  on though.
Basically this.

I've lived here (in Riggs Park) all my life. You mind your business and don't give anyone a reason to mess with you & you're good.
The saddest part is almost everyone I've grown up with is either dead, in jail, or moved away...

how was bad does it get in the summer? every time theres a report of a killing in the hood, people say something along the lines of how much worse it could get in the summer time.

how was bad does it get in the summer? every time theres a report of a killing in the hood, people say something along the lines of how much worse it could get in the summer time.

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

I can't speak speak for other places, but in DC it tends to get pretty bad
tired.gif

...like now... on warm days I'm starting to see and hear more police & ambulance sirens and its still spring time... I like to avoid the news this time of the year because it gets really depressing

I can't speak speak for other places, but in DC it tends to get pretty bad
tired.gif

...like now... on warm days I'm starting to see and hear more police & ambulance sirens and its still spring time... I like to avoid the news this time of the year because it gets really depressing

They brought in MI state police in Flint last year. Probably will be more of the same this year. They almost brought in the National Guard.

They brought in MI state police in Flint last year. Probably will be more of the same this year. They almost brought in the National Guard.

hood life is pretty fun. youll grow up with a bunch of people who all think they are tough and will not think twice about provin it. so if u cool with them then u aint got nothin to worry about.
all the girls are friendly, u can be the ugliest bummiest dude on the block and get any girl walkin around.
u can go to sleep in your friends moms house even when they aint there and it wont be a problem

im not thuggish by any means, and thats the best thing. i got my hood respect by not tryin to be somebody im not. all the goons and goonettes  give me props cuz im just a likeable nice guy and im pretty darn smart. only dude in the hood with a college degree. they really respect that.

i have seen people overdose on drugs, i seen people get shot, get jumped, houses get raided, people buy drugs with their lil children, fires, police walkin down the street with shotguns, people die, houses bein shot at,

i been in rooms where drugs were bein chopped up with toddlers around, i was in the room with my boy watchin him chop up and i looked outside the window and the police were walkin into the house, hung out in abandoned houses, i missed bein in police raids by just a couple of seconds, watched people steal tons of cars, seen people make fake drugs outta wonder bread
laugh.gif
seen people sample drugs with kids straight outta church, riots in the street after murders,

cookouts in the middle of the block, music playin, kids playin everywhere, basketball hoops outta crates ,  playin football in any church field
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

but im feel blessed, and thankful that i aint get caught up in all that stuff

hood life is pretty fun. youll grow up with a bunch of people who all think they are tough and will not think twice about provin it. so if u cool with them then u aint got nothin to worry about.
all the girls are friendly, u can be the ugliest bummiest dude on the block and get any girl walkin around.
u can go to sleep in your friends moms house even when they aint there and it wont be a problem

im not thuggish by any means, and thats the best thing. i got my hood respect by not tryin to be somebody im not. all the goons and goonettes  give me props cuz im just a likeable nice guy and im pretty darn smart. only dude in the hood with a college degree. they really respect that.

i have seen people overdose on drugs, i seen people get shot, get jumped, houses get raided, people buy drugs with their lil children, fires, police walkin down the street with shotguns, people die, houses bein shot at,

i been in rooms where drugs were bein chopped up with toddlers around, i was in the room with my boy watchin him chop up and i looked outside the window and the police were walkin into the house, hung out in abandoned houses, i missed bein in police raids by just a couple of seconds, watched people steal tons of cars, seen people make fake drugs outta wonder bread
laugh.gif
seen people sample drugs with kids straight outta church, riots in the street after murders,

cookouts in the middle of the block, music playin, kids playin everywhere, basketball hoops outta crates ,  playin football in any church field
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

but im feel blessed, and thankful that i aint get caught up in all that stuff

Originally Posted by Millzhouse719

Originally Posted by ricky409

Honestly...

If someone constantly talk about going back and staying in the hood...

Either their bald face liars or ain't got @%@$ going on...

Any real n______ from the hood ain't talkin about going back and staying.
True words and I do not even live in a bad side of East New York. Growing up in NYC though I get a lot of people who try to test me, but I say screw it and do not let my pride take over. Minding your business can only get you so far. 

fareal... 

cats on here talkin about fun and all that...

i think some are confusing hood with close neighborhood...

hood = poverty and poverty = anger, settling, or gettin the hell up out...

anger = doing dumb n_____ $+$#...

settling = staying on SNAP and HUD for 15+ years with no plans of gettin off.

gettin the hell up out = finding your niche (sports, school, hustle) and using it in a way to remove yourself...

now, i'm not callin everybody's cards. but i lived in the hood, and i've lived in a close neighborhood...

there's a BIG difference...

you wanna know what the real "hood" is like...

go watch an episode of the wire...

that $+$# aint no joke, fams...

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Millzhouse719

Originally Posted by ricky409

Honestly...

If someone constantly talk about going back and staying in the hood...

Either their bald face liars or ain't got @%@$ going on...

Any real n______ from the hood ain't talkin about going back and staying.
True words and I do not even live in a bad side of East New York. Growing up in NYC though I get a lot of people who try to test me, but I say screw it and do not let my pride take over. Minding your business can only get you so far. 

fareal... 

cats on here talkin about fun and all that...

i think some are confusing hood with close neighborhood...

hood = poverty and poverty = anger, settling, or gettin the hell up out...

anger = doing dumb n_____ $+$#...

settling = staying on SNAP and HUD for 15+ years with no plans of gettin off.

gettin the hell up out = finding your niche (sports, school, hustle) and using it in a way to remove yourself...

now, i'm not callin everybody's cards. but i lived in the hood, and i've lived in a close neighborhood...

there's a BIG difference...

you wanna know what the real "hood" is like...

go watch an episode of the wire...

that $+$# aint no joke, fams...

30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

U can never really get a specific answer to this question since every hood is different. Where I grew up had it's problems but it wasnt like the projects on the southside part of town. U just gotta stay on ya toes, watch ur surroundings, expect the unexpected, watch the company u keep and the moves u make because the streets is always watchin. One nice summer day can turn into a crazy night in an instant.

For those who know the rules and do them, it humbles u.

Oh yea, and the hood parties w/ the hoodrats
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

U can never really get a specific answer to this question since every hood is different. Where I grew up had it's problems but it wasnt like the projects on the southside part of town. U just gotta stay on ya toes, watch ur surroundings, expect the unexpected, watch the company u keep and the moves u make because the streets is always watchin. One nice summer day can turn into a crazy night in an instant.

For those who know the rules and do them, it humbles u.

Oh yea, and the hood parties w/ the hoodrats
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

I grew up in the Bronx Projects.

-Hearing gunshots often at night.
-Hearing loud dog fights at night.
-Nasty, dirty , chinese stores
-Seeing most customers (from kids to adults) curse out Chinese restaurant cooks. They literally get treated like garbage and they serve garbage food.
-Cashing in foodstamps for money at the local bodega.
-Cashing in Wic checks at the local bodega
-Crowds of dudes hanging out in front of stores/in front of your building.
-People using the window for a garbage chute--throwing everything out from baby diapers to tampons-to cans of soup
-Pitbulls attacking stray cats
-Playing in the fire hydrant during the summer
-Getting in fights at the sprinklers.
-Getting in family royal rumbles with neighboring families
-Drama
-Getting robbed if you are soft
-A lot of roaches
-A lot of rats
-A lot of fried chicken spots (not talking KFC or Popeyes)
-Seeing blunt guts all over the place
-Pee/graffiti/garbage in the elevator & staircase
-Many crackheads and alcoholics
-Boys growing up with a false sense of masculinity
-Girls growing up trying to act like men and fight all the time
-Welfare recipients everywhere
-Broken elevators--elevator alarm going off in the middle of the night

I grew up in the Bronx Projects.

-Hearing gunshots often at night.
-Hearing loud dog fights at night.
-Nasty, dirty , chinese stores
-Seeing most customers (from kids to adults) curse out Chinese restaurant cooks. They literally get treated like garbage and they serve garbage food.
-Cashing in foodstamps for money at the local bodega.
-Cashing in Wic checks at the local bodega
-Crowds of dudes hanging out in front of stores/in front of your building.
-People using the window for a garbage chute--throwing everything out from baby diapers to tampons-to cans of soup
-Pitbulls attacking stray cats
-Playing in the fire hydrant during the summer
-Getting in fights at the sprinklers.
-Getting in family royal rumbles with neighboring families
-Drama
-Getting robbed if you are soft
-A lot of roaches
-A lot of rats
-A lot of fried chicken spots (not talking KFC or Popeyes)
-Seeing blunt guts all over the place
-Pee/graffiti/garbage in the elevator & staircase
-Many crackheads and alcoholics
-Boys growing up with a false sense of masculinity
-Girls growing up trying to act like men and fight all the time
-Welfare recipients everywhere
-Broken elevators--elevator alarm going off in the middle of the night

It's all how you keep yourself. I lived all over. Lived in Harlem back when $/?! Was bad. You wasn't wearing red unless you was blood and blue

Out of the question. I seen dudes get murk by dope feens over bags being tapped. The problem with the hood is you got real hood #%^**s and

Then you got %^<>#s just trying to fit in
30t6p3b.gif
and because of the trying to fit in cats you see peeps getting bodied or sent up top. I also lived in

Allentown which wasn't as hood but more poor. But when cats are poor the whole survival sense kicks in. I'm talking about robbing stores for

Food, diapers and milk. Growing up in the hood/ poor keeps you on your toes you know when $#%* isn't right. You know everyone that lives or

Even walks through. Everything that is presented to you you figure how you can come up on. Respect means alot more to you then to people from

Different up bringings. Your rep can make or break you and like my man above stated alot of people don't know the difference between these

Places. The closet thing that reminds me of the wire was when I lived in fort pierce and deland FL. I'll give it to them out there they keep it real

And do not like outsiders what so every. $#%+ seemed like the first year I lived there I was going at it with someone different every damn day.

I'm talking about spots so bad that you don't leave your block cuz once off it's not your hood anymore

It's all how you keep yourself. I lived all over. Lived in Harlem back when $/?! Was bad. You wasn't wearing red unless you was blood and blue

Out of the question. I seen dudes get murk by dope feens over bags being tapped. The problem with the hood is you got real hood #%^**s and

Then you got %^<>#s just trying to fit in
30t6p3b.gif
and because of the trying to fit in cats you see peeps getting bodied or sent up top. I also lived in

Allentown which wasn't as hood but more poor. But when cats are poor the whole survival sense kicks in. I'm talking about robbing stores for

Food, diapers and milk. Growing up in the hood/ poor keeps you on your toes you know when $#%* isn't right. You know everyone that lives or

Even walks through. Everything that is presented to you you figure how you can come up on. Respect means alot more to you then to people from

Different up bringings. Your rep can make or break you and like my man above stated alot of people don't know the difference between these

Places. The closet thing that reminds me of the wire was when I lived in fort pierce and deland FL. I'll give it to them out there they keep it real

And do not like outsiders what so every. $#%+ seemed like the first year I lived there I was going at it with someone different every damn day.

I'm talking about spots so bad that you don't leave your block cuz once off it's not your hood anymore

denni5themenace wrote:

when are you most agitated?

when its hot as hell outside...

combine that with being broke, and having messed up air conditioning...

sounds elementary... but that's how it is...

Back
Top Bottom