NTers from the actual hood?

Originally Posted by B Town Legend

i grew up in south berkeley. not terrible but it's definitely the hood for those thinking berkeley is all sweet, hippies, hipsters, college students an all that. probably the only place where you can find graduate students, real goons, baby bangers, and zombies on the same block.

i'm on the north oakland border so it can get real cold some times. a few years back some @!$$$! who we had all basically grown up with ended up on america's most wanted and made national headlines for a double fallowed by a pretty wild chase that left two more dead. i think one of them is still on the run.

i've also lived in some pretty bad neighborhoods in west oakland (dogtown), the east (90th and Chery), richmond, and some nicer areas like castro valley and hayward so I've pretty much seen it all.
Atleast you aint stay in Acorn
sick.gif
laugh.gif

I live in Sacramento but I was born in the Bayview section of San Francisco and growing up I used to stay with my Auntie and Uncle in East Oakland (73rd ave. & Bancroft) and it was pretty hood. I remember we had bars on the windows cuz $$!@%% used to break into houses to get their fix since it was alot of crackhouses in the neighborhood. But it was all good, we always used to go to Eastmont mall back in the day and A's games. Whenever we wanted to do something fun, we'd have to leave the East though. Lake Merritt ftw!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by throwback1718

I'm from crown heights / east flatbush Brooklyn...

Regardless what anyone says... it aint easy...

Just a couple weeks ago this young cat was lit up with a machine gun... Motives unknown.
Brooklyn is peaking with crime right now. I can imagine when summer fully sets in
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

anyways, I grew up in East NY

still visit from time to time
grin.gif

Originally Posted by throwback1718

I'm from crown heights / east flatbush Brooklyn...

Regardless what anyone says... it aint easy...

Just a couple weeks ago this young cat was lit up with a machine gun... Motives unknown.
Brooklyn is peaking with crime right now. I can imagine when summer fully sets in
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

anyways, I grew up in East NY

still visit from time to time
grin.gif

my hood aint really all that crazy to me but like someone said earlier it depends on someones view of what exactly is bad or dangerous

nothing bad ever happened to me but their is def some triflin $#!^ that goes down here

my hood aint really all that crazy to me but like someone said earlier it depends on someones view of what exactly is bad or dangerous

nothing bad ever happened to me but their is def some triflin $#!^ that goes down here

Originally Posted by Stay Lurkin

Anyways I get into a store called city blue or something, and I actually meet a girl. Get her # etc. She invites me to a club that friday. And I asked my sister about the club and she said that it was a pretty grimey club. This might sound kinda weak but I turned it down because I didn't feel like I would be in the best situation if I had went. I mean, this dude that obviously ain't from here with some really pretty girl....I mean, haters gonna hate. Especially if they had already been hatin or whatever it was that they were doing in broad daylight
laugh.gif
. So yeah I didn't go. Pretty girl tho
frown.gif
smartest thing you could have done bro...first off you would have been by yourself,secondly you said she was pretty....haters not havin it. You would have been toast

Anyways I get into a store called city blue or something, and I actually meet a girl. Get her # etc. She invites me to a club that friday. And I asked my sister about the club and she said that it was a pretty grimey club. This might sound kinda weak but I turned it down because I didn't feel like I would be in the best situation if I had went. I mean, this dude that obviously ain't from here with some really pretty girl....I mean, haters gonna hate. Especially if they had already been hatin or whatever it was that they were doing in broad daylight
laugh.gif
frown.gif
smartest thing you could have done bro...first off you would have been by yourself,secondly you said she was pretty....haters not havin it. You would have been toast

Originally Posted by Mdotte

laugh.gif
frown.gif

Yeah for sure. Like I said, I am no weakling, but I am not dumb either
laugh.gif
. And I was trying to explain that to her without completely offending her but she didn't really understand where I was coming from (for obvious reasons).

Originally Posted by Mdotte

laugh.gif
frown.gif

Yeah for sure. Like I said, I am no weakling, but I am not dumb either
laugh.gif
. And I was trying to explain that to her without completely offending her but she didn't really understand where I was coming from (for obvious reasons).

I love the hood and im not even from there. All of my family is though. Moms moved out to the burbs but ive always hung in the hood my whole life.  Most black kids from my high school were from the hood and my brother and sister always ran the streets. The Hood is Appreciated 
pimp.gif

I love the hood and im not even from there. All of my family is though. Moms moved out to the burbs but ive always hung in the hood my whole life.  Most black kids from my high school were from the hood and my brother and sister always ran the streets. The Hood is Appreciated 
pimp.gif

I was born in Houston's 3rd ward in some old apartments.
Then we moved to Hiram Clarke.

It's hood but not THE hood

I was born in Houston's 3rd ward in some old apartments.
Then we moved to Hiram Clarke.

It's hood but not THE hood

Flint MI checking in... the hood is an interesting place. There are a lot of lessons to be learned, and a lot of cool people... But at the same time, when stuff gets real, it gets REAL. Not any of that Desperate Housewives bull#@$%. And like everyone has already said... the summer is cool as a season, but when the temperature starts rising, more people start dying in the hood
30t6p3b.gif

Flint MI checking in... the hood is an interesting place. There are a lot of lessons to be learned, and a lot of cool people... But at the same time, when stuff gets real, it gets REAL. Not any of that Desperate Housewives bull#@$%. And like everyone has already said... the summer is cool as a season, but when the temperature starts rising, more people start dying in the hood
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by UnkleTomCruze

QFT.

When we first immigrated to the states, we lived in the BX--specifically the Castle Hill/Parkchester area of the BX. I had a good life growing up there, quite honestly.

It wasn't until I moved out (to Connecticut) that I started hearing things to the tune of, "Ohh my goodness, you lived in the BRONX...that's such a dangerous place..." (
eyes.gif
).

If you mind your business, the chances of someone messing with you are very slim, frankly. I've come to realize that this whole fear about places like the BX, exist simply because people automatically equate areas heavily populated by minority groups with festering and unrelenting crime. It's all veiled racism; that's what it boils down to.

I walked to and from school everyday without worry.

I played ball in the park (106 park next to St. Raymond) often, late into the night, without fear of being harmed.

I saw and knew a few "bangers", but paid 'em no mind because they paid me no mind. Most of 'em were chill people...smoke, drink, crack jokes, ball, holla at females, that's what they were concerned with from my personal vantage point. I never saw them loot, plunder, or terrorize the community.

Point is, a large part of the fears "outsiders" maintain about the "hood" is rooted in a certain kind of prejudice that is unfair to the citizens on either side of the fence. That fear, if nurtured, will breed some level hate, which will in turn, give way to violence if left unresolved.

At the very least, when in the "hood", mind-your-business. If you do this, you will more than likely have a safe experience.

On point. Born and raised in The South Bronx.

Originally Posted by UnkleTomCruze

QFT.

When we first immigrated to the states, we lived in the BX--specifically the Castle Hill/Parkchester area of the BX. I had a good life growing up there, quite honestly.

It wasn't until I moved out (to Connecticut) that I started hearing things to the tune of, "Ohh my goodness, you lived in the BRONX...that's such a dangerous place..." (
eyes.gif
).

If you mind your business, the chances of someone messing with you are very slim, frankly. I've come to realize that this whole fear about places like the BX, exist simply because people automatically equate areas heavily populated by minority groups with festering and unrelenting crime. It's all veiled racism; that's what it boils down to.

I walked to and from school everyday without worry.

I played ball in the park (106 park next to St. Raymond) often, late into the night, without fear of being harmed.

I saw and knew a few "bangers", but paid 'em no mind because they paid me no mind. Most of 'em were chill people...smoke, drink, crack jokes, ball, holla at females, that's what they were concerned with from my personal vantage point. I never saw them loot, plunder, or terrorize the community.

Point is, a large part of the fears "outsiders" maintain about the "hood" is rooted in a certain kind of prejudice that is unfair to the citizens on either side of the fence. That fear, if nurtured, will breed some level hate, which will in turn, give way to violence if left unresolved.

At the very least, when in the "hood", mind-your-business. If you do this, you will more than likely have a safe experience.

On point. Born and raised in The South Bronx.

I was born in a 3rd world country, in a city where you get killed over $8....oh well, i moved to the states and been too good to go back...but thats like being from the hood right?

I was born in a 3rd world country, in a city where you get killed over $8....oh well, i moved to the states and been too good to go back...but thats like being from the hood right?

G.I. checking in.

Like some have said, it really aint that bad. Sure - you associate with the wrong crowd and constantly in dirt and it is what it is. But it's not as bad as the media makes it seem. Jealousy is probably the worse thing about the hood, and is probably what fuels the violence. As much as cats say they can't stand haters, a lot of people in the hood secretly live the day just to see if someone's eyeing their shoes or eyeing their whip while they driving.
30t6p3b.gif
it's really all some people have to live for...and that's what's truly sad about the hood.

G.I. checking in.

Like some have said, it really aint that bad. Sure - you associate with the wrong crowd and constantly in dirt and it is what it is. But it's not as bad as the media makes it seem. Jealousy is probably the worse thing about the hood, and is probably what fuels the violence. As much as cats say they can't stand haters, a lot of people in the hood secretly live the day just to see if someone's eyeing their shoes or eyeing their whip while they driving.
30t6p3b.gif
it's really all some people have to live for...and that's what's truly sad about the hood.

Back
Top Bottom