NTers from the actual hood?

The island I live on has 180k people max.. and there already has been 42 murders for the year... Gas Price is 5.63... Americans have it good man...colors don't mean anything here...anyone can get it for no reason SMH

The island I live on has 180k people max.. and there already has been 42 murders for the year... Gas Price is 5.63... Americans have it good man...colors don't mean anything here...anyone can get it for no reason SMH

im from washington heights uptown manhattan nyc and i love it my neighborhood is nice although drugs floods the streets i say its pretty safe i grew up around here so i know some of the streets to avoid at night if im dolo just because dudes out here are hungry tryna survive just like everyone else. ive been robbed at gun point by 3 dudes a block away from the precinct they got me for a psp and 40 beans but its all good i charge that to the game... i never really struggled to eat or fight hunger my fams always been hard workers im thankful for that. (sorry for the grammar and run on sentences)

im from washington heights uptown manhattan nyc and i love it my neighborhood is nice although drugs floods the streets i say its pretty safe i grew up around here so i know some of the streets to avoid at night if im dolo just because dudes out here are hungry tryna survive just like everyone else. ive been robbed at gun point by 3 dudes a block away from the precinct they got me for a psp and 40 beans but its all good i charge that to the game... i never really struggled to eat or fight hunger my fams always been hard workers im thankful for that. (sorry for the grammar and run on sentences)

For the people asking what it's like and how we dealt with, excelled past those circumstances all i have to say is it's easy when that's all you know. Growing up in that environment you gain experience in situations at an early age that most people will never have to deal with, and the majority of times that wisdom can be used in everyday scenarios, i.e i just saw a thread where dude got robbed, most people from the hood wouldn't post a thread  on here bout it 1.because it wouldn't have happened, either they wouldn't have put themselves in a vulnerable situation or they wouldn't have given dude anything just cause he had a knife. 2nd. they wouldn't wanna admit taking that L, or seek advice on what to do since they suspect their "friends" had something to do with it, they'd just handle it.

I'm from hunters point, San Francisco btw, it's not something i cherish but i am proud of where i came from cause the majority of people that would talk down on me cause i came from there wouldn't last in the era i grew up in. The 90's was nothing nice.

For the people asking what it's like and how we dealt with, excelled past those circumstances all i have to say is it's easy when that's all you know. Growing up in that environment you gain experience in situations at an early age that most people will never have to deal with, and the majority of times that wisdom can be used in everyday scenarios, i.e i just saw a thread where dude got robbed, most people from the hood wouldn't post a thread  on here bout it 1.because it wouldn't have happened, either they wouldn't have put themselves in a vulnerable situation or they wouldn't have given dude anything just cause he had a knife. 2nd. they wouldn't wanna admit taking that L, or seek advice on what to do since they suspect their "friends" had something to do with it, they'd just handle it.

I'm from hunters point, San Francisco btw, it's not something i cherish but i am proud of where i came from cause the majority of people that would talk down on me cause i came from there wouldn't last in the era i grew up in. The 90's was nothing nice.

I have so much love for my hood than it doesnt matter if a become rich, I am NEVER leaving my hood.

I have so much love for my hood than it doesnt matter if a become rich, I am NEVER leaving my hood.

286313329.jpg

286573771.jpg

O- Me
O- G's
O- V's
O-Kingpin
O- Route to candy lady
O- Route to school

Well...I live in Memphis. Above is where I lived for a few yrs when I was in about 4-7th grade. These houses were duplexes (one house=2houses). Never have I seen so many drug busts on one street throughout years ANYWHERE. Man...drug dealers, killers, big booty females(
pimp.gif
)... I'm just gon be straight up...I wouldn't wish living in that community on ANYONE. I remember one day my neighbors where playin with a gun tossin it around and someone got their head blown off.
tired.gif
 Since it was a cove, people used to drive fast down the street and do donuts for no reason. I kinda knew who everyone on the street was, seeing as all the kids (me included) went to the same elementary school.So I was friends with these gang members and drug dealers kids.. The school wasnt bad at all. Great teachers,mixture of students. U had your bad apples but they were a penny a dozen. It was just that area I was in. I have no clue why we moved their. The are was mainly GD's and VL's.. They all bought their drugs from the kingpin who stayed up the street from me. The VL's had to come in GD territory just to cop drugs. So there were altercations at times.I used to walk to school with my cousins who also stayed on the street. Man...I remember the atmosphere of early 2000-01. Black Rob "Whoa!" was HEAVY on the radio.. Nelly "Country Grammar" was HEAVY on the radio
pimp.gif
.. Memphis rap was at its highest. 3-6 Mafia hooked up wit UGK for "Sippin on Sizzurp"...Project Pat release one of Memphis' greatest rap albums "Mista Dont Play" which included "Chicken Head", "Don't Save Her", "Gorilla Pimp"
pimp.gif
.. But yea, all in all..We're out of the hood now and will never go back. Mom's went back to school to get her masters back in 2001.Yrs later she got her doctorate. With that came an increase in her income and we're in the best position we could imagine...

People in the hood...Trust me when I tell u, there is more to life than living in the hood.

286313329.jpg

286573771.jpg

O- Me
O- G's
O- V's
O-Kingpin
O- Route to candy lady
O- Route to school

Well...I live in Memphis. Above is where I lived for a few yrs when I was in about 4-7th grade. These houses were duplexes (one house=2houses). Never have I seen so many drug busts on one street throughout years ANYWHERE. Man...drug dealers, killers, big booty females(
pimp.gif
)... I'm just gon be straight up...I wouldn't wish living in that community on ANYONE. I remember one day my neighbors where playin with a gun tossin it around and someone got their head blown off.
tired.gif
 Since it was a cove, people used to drive fast down the street and do donuts for no reason. I kinda knew who everyone on the street was, seeing as all the kids (me included) went to the same elementary school.So I was friends with these gang members and drug dealers kids.. The school wasnt bad at all. Great teachers,mixture of students. U had your bad apples but they were a penny a dozen. It was just that area I was in. I have no clue why we moved their. The are was mainly GD's and VL's.. They all bought their drugs from the kingpin who stayed up the street from me. The VL's had to come in GD territory just to cop drugs. So there were altercations at times.I used to walk to school with my cousins who also stayed on the street. Man...I remember the atmosphere of early 2000-01. Black Rob "Whoa!" was HEAVY on the radio.. Nelly "Country Grammar" was HEAVY on the radio
pimp.gif
.. Memphis rap was at its highest. 3-6 Mafia hooked up wit UGK for "Sippin on Sizzurp"...Project Pat release one of Memphis' greatest rap albums "Mista Dont Play" which included "Chicken Head", "Don't Save Her", "Gorilla Pimp"
pimp.gif
.. But yea, all in all..We're out of the hood now and will never go back. Mom's went back to school to get her masters back in 2001.Yrs later she got her doctorate. With that came an increase in her income and we're in the best position we could imagine...

People in the hood...Trust me when I tell u, there is more to life than living in the hood.

theres a reason why my pops didn't want me going to jamaica high school in queens
30t6p3b.gif

cardozo ftw.

theres a reason why my pops didn't want me going to jamaica high school in queens
30t6p3b.gif

cardozo ftw.

came from the hood.

D.C. is a big @*+ hood period.......well more white folks are moving back in now sooo...

N.E. and N.W. has their share of hoods even though South side trumps all.....N.W. is more laid back, but you still have your uptown knuckle heads.

won't tell specifically the hood's and/or street's that I lived in and  on though.

came from the hood.

D.C. is a big @*+ hood period.......well more white folks are moving back in now sooo...

N.E. and N.W. has their share of hoods even though South side trumps all.....N.W. is more laid back, but you still have your uptown knuckle heads.

won't tell specifically the hood's and/or street's that I lived in and  on though.

Originally Posted by B Town Legend

i grew up in south berkeley. not terrible but it's definitely the hood for those thinking berkeley is all sweet, hippies, hipsters, college students an all that. probably the only place where you can find graduate students, real goons, baby bangers, and zombies on the same block.

i'm on the north oakland border so it can get real cold some times. a few years back some @!$$$! who we had all basically grown up with ended up on america's most wanted and made national headlines for a double fallowed by a pretty wild chase that left two more dead. i think one of them is still on the run.

i've also lived in some pretty bad neighborhoods in west oakland (dogtown), the east (90th and Chery), richmond, and some nicer areas like castro valley and hayward so I've pretty much seen it all.
Atleast you aint stay in Acorn
sick.gif
laugh.gif

I live in Sacramento but I was born in the Bayview section of San Francisco and growing up I used to stay with my Auntie and Uncle in East Oakland (73rd ave. & Bancroft) and it was pretty hood. I remember we had bars on the windows cuz $$!@%% used to break into houses to get their fix since it was alot of crackhouses in the neighborhood. But it was all good, we always used to go to Eastmont mall back in the day and A's games. Whenever we wanted to do something fun, we'd have to leave the East though. Lake Merritt ftw!
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom