NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

Absolutely absurd.

They couldn't pass the law on 80% lowers so technically you could still build an AR however you want to if you want to take that risk.

That one was the one I was most worried about. Having built 2 ARs and currently on my 3rd build of another animal, I was glad it didn't pass. There is no risk at all building and own them.

If anyone is even thinking of obtaining an AR, do so now...Or before Jan 1. The "fixed mag" solution looks more cumbersome than the bullet button.

Unfortunately it was. So any new purchases after Jan 1 will require that fixed mag. Anything from now until Dec 31 will still be the bullet button. Check out https://www.armaglock.com/ . This is what the "fix" might be leaning towards to.

Shot 58 out of 60 clays today.

Need to swoop me a semi auto shotgun so I can get more clays in the air at once.

God, waiting for my local armory to call me so I can go and start my background check for a rifle I ordered is killing me. I just want my BLR already. :lol:

Shot 58 out of 60 clays today.

Need to swoop me a semi auto shotgun so I can get more clays in the air at once.
Nice shooting! I hit 28/50 last time. Which I feel isn't too bad considering I only shoot shotgun about once a year... I'm sure I could be better with more practice.

The govt of missourah just Veto'd a stand your ground law. :smh:

Folks are trying to get it overridden.

Shooting my homie's Mosin gun kicks like a mule
kick aint bad fam, your a big dude *pause* haha

any gun from a seated bench rest is gunna feel alot more powerful, its just physics though. try shooting it standing with a wide base

that being said it is a powerful cartridge so yea in comparison to your avg 9/40/45/38 handgns it does kick like a mule

Haha yeah it wasn't horrible or nothing but when you're used to the typical cartridges you feel it a bit more

Shooting my homie's Mosin gun kicks like a mule
kick aint bad fam, your a big dude *pause* haha

any gun from a seated bench rest is gunna feel alot more powerful, its just physics though. try shooting it standing with a wide base

that being said it is a powerful cartridge so yea in comparison to your avg 9/40/45/38 handgns it does kick like a mule
"Aint bad" 
laugh.gif

Mosin shoots 7.62×54mmR, which is very comparable in kinetic energy to a .308 Win / 7.62×51mm NATO. "There had been criticism that the 7.62×51mm NATO was too powerful for lightweight modern service rifles, causing excessive recoil, and that as a result it did not allow for sufficient automatic rate of fire from hand-held weapons in modern combat." ... blah blah blah ... this lead to the development of the .223 Rem / 5.56×45mm NATO cartridge used in the AR-15/M16. -Wiki

Mosin: 2,600-2,700 ft-lbs of energy

AK:     1,500-1,600 ft-lbs of energy

AR:     1,200-1,300 ft-lbs of energy

The Mosin is heavier than an AR, which helps soak up some recoil, but the ballistic energy is still TWICE that of an AR. So yeah, it kicks like a mule! I haven't shot a Mosin, but I don't own a rifle in .308 for this very reason. (What's the point if an AK or AR will shoot them just as dead, and I don't have any long distance shots to make?)

Last edited:
Serious question, how do you folk in California live? Lol. So many limitations. What's your setup looking like?

Got this concealed permit and now I don't even want to use it. Scared I will be murdered in VA, the only state I've ever been pulled over in and continuously get pulled over in.

What's the difference between the Utah ccw and another state ccw? For example I live in PA and the reciprocity is pretty much the same as the Utah permit, why would I get a utah permit? I noticed a few months ago my local shop started offering then, and wondered why. Is it just an easier/cheaper permit to get?

What's the difference between the Utah ccw and another state ccw? For example I live in PA and the reciprocity is pretty much the same as the Utah permit, why would I get a utah permit? I noticed a few months ago my local shop started offering then, and wondered why. Is it just an easier/cheaper permit to get?
Utah covers 31 or 33 states I believe, PA might be only for PA.

Yeah they said it gets tricky driving through states that don't honor it lol.
I guess you could keep it unloaded and locked in the trunk when travelling theough those states? I go to new England and Virginia a lot so mainly I'd be new York and Maryland giving me problems. The destination states all honor it.

Back
Top Bottom