NT's LEGAL Gun Thread UPDATE...First Youtube Firearm Review Page 61

A rifle is going to be much worse....for me, at least 45 acp is subsonic
Most recent acquisition. $500- PPT

M1 carbine?

Mike, you have pretty much all the guns I want. I don't know if I should hate you or love you...

Yo who EDC's fn's or just haves them? What are yalls personal reviews.

Nobody

You dont edc an expensive weqpon that shoots expensive ammo. The FN is a niche gun. Small rounds for penetrating body armor or poppin through car doors

The kinda people actually carryin FNs are the types that carry 10mm 1911's with buffalo bore.

My birthday is in July and I'm leaning towards buying myself a Springfield Armory XD Mod 2 Service Model in 9mm. Anybody have experience with them?

Who'd you hear that from? Glocks are one of the most reliable guns out the box
just google glocks ******   i heard its similar to retro jordans just a over hyped name brand made with garbage materials 

i want something reliable that packs a punch been looking at a deagle or is that too advanced  

i have to wait a while after purchasing a hand gun in my state so i want to make sure i get something ill love for my first one

A Glock is one of the most reliable guns you can get

You want a desert eagle? Have you ever shot one?

Last edited:
Glocks are unreliable? Ok :lol:

But you want a deagle as your first gun?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit: go rent some at a nearby range and see what you like. Try a 9mm glock that feels good when shooting, an M&P 9mm, and maybe a S&W 1911. Do you know exactly what caliber you want? SA or DA? There's a lot of guns to choose from

Last edited:
Those of you that carry a subcompact handgun, does your pinkie being off the grip effect you that much shooting? And I know this is like the age old debate but what are the benefits of 9mm or .45, particularly in the XD line?

Last edited:
i heard glocks were really ****** though in the gun community

You heard wrong, or you heard from the wrong people.
The 9mm glock pistol might be one of the most tested, proven, and reliable handguns ever made. Note, that's for the glock 17, 19, and 26. I'd stay away from .40 glocks.

If you look at most serious shooters, there's a reason guys like ken hackathorn, Larry vickers, etc (I.e the guys that train the most elite shooters in the world) shoot and carry glock pistols.

If anyone is buying a first gun, or can only have one gun, you'd be wise to at least shoot a hundred or so rounds through a glock 19, or a grip chopped 17.

just google glocks ******   i heard its similar to retro jordans just a over hyped name brand made with garbage materials 

i want something reliable that packs a punch been looking at a deagle or is that too advanced  

i have to wait a while after purchasing a hand gun in my state so i want to make sure i get something ill love for my first one

If you want a cool gun that you'll never shoot, the desert eagle is definitely what you want.

Besides the initial cost ( over a g) and the price of ammo (seriously, check the price for 100 rounds of 50ae or 44 mag compared to 9mm), the recoil and weight of he gun are gonna turn you off quick.

So let's say you do buy the eagle, and shoot enough rounds through it that you trust it. But something goes wrong; a spring needs to be replaced or a something else is wrong with it. The eagle is going to require special tools and know how to fix the problem. And your not going to be running down to your local gun store to get a replacement part. Think of replacing a timing belt on a lotus vs. a Honda Accord.

The way I see it, a gun is a tool. Especially a gun you might use to protect yourself or yours with. I don't want anything cool or different, I want that tool to be boringly reliable so it's something I don't have to worry about.

I've yet to read about anyone shooting 10,000 rounds through a desert eagle and seeing how it holds up. Google Todd Louis green pistol test; specifically the testing he did with the hk p30. He shot over 90,000 rounds of 9mm through the p30 with no major issues.

How do yall carry?

Personally, I carry a compact 9mm in a custom carry concepts uno 2, around 3:00 on my right side or I pocket carry a 38 j frame in my pocket in a safariland model 25 (I think). With the 9, I usually carry an extra mag in my left pocket. With the snub, I usually carry at least 1 speed strip and one loaded moonclip

have a $2000 settlement check coming from my previous job.

mossberg or a revolver?

also this ar lower is picking up dust, need to get this build going >:

Whats wrong wit the glock 40 tho?

The glock 40 was built off the 9mm, even though the 40 S&W cartridge is more stressful on guns. For the first couple of generations glock didn't do anything to address it ( heavier slide, heavier/better recoil spring setup) so a lot of those early 40 cal glocks beat themselves to death. They also did not have a totally supported chamber, leading to the phenomenon known as glock kaboom. Also reports of issues when using a weapon mounted light on. I think most of the issues have been addressed with the gen 4 glock.

I mean....its a glock tho and i have a gen 23 glock 40 EDC and i range shoot various glocks and s&w and FNH amd never have a problem wit amy of them....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom