Oakland RAIDERS OffSeason Thread

You gotta be $%%*$% kiddin me...

Pro Bowl cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha's contract voided and he will be allowed to become a free agent without the Oakland Raiders being able to use their franchise tag on him, according to an NFL Players Association document.
Asomugha’s deal included a little-known clause that said his contract would void if he didn’t achieve his not-likely-to-be-earned incentives in 2010 -- and he didn'’t.

His contract also contained a stipulation that if he didn’t achieve his incentives, the Raiders would agree not to designate him their franchise or transition player.

To achieve his incentives, Asomugha had to play in a greater number of defensive plays in 2010 than he did in 2009, and this season Asomugha played in only 14 games whereas he played in all 16 in 2009.

He also could have achieved his incentives by improving upon on his interceptions, fumble recoveries or sacks this season -- but he didn't have any interceptions, fumble recoveries or sacks this season.

He will be the top defensive player available whenever free agency begins.

You gotta be $%%*$% kiddin me...

Pro Bowl cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha's contract voided and he will be allowed to become a free agent without the Oakland Raiders being able to use their franchise tag on him, according to an NFL Players Association document.
Asomugha’s deal included a little-known clause that said his contract would void if he didn’t achieve his not-likely-to-be-earned incentives in 2010 -- and he didn'’t.

His contract also contained a stipulation that if he didn’t achieve his incentives, the Raiders would agree not to designate him their franchise or transition player.

To achieve his incentives, Asomugha had to play in a greater number of defensive plays in 2010 than he did in 2009, and this season Asomugha played in only 14 games whereas he played in all 16 in 2009.

He also could have achieved his incentives by improving upon on his interceptions, fumble recoveries or sacks this season -- but he didn't have any interceptions, fumble recoveries or sacks this season.

He will be the top defensive player available whenever free agency begins.

This is a !@%!++% nightmare
30t6p3b.gif

[h1]Asomugha Should Still Be A Raider In 2011 Says Expert[/h1]
By Chuck Carroll
»Football News Now Staff Writer» January 9, 2011 - 11:14 pm

nnamdi_asomugha_sm.jpg

It’s always a pleasure to have the chance to speak with people who actually know what they’re talking about. Half the time I’m just pretending. Just kidding, it’s more like 75 percent.

Regardless, there is little doubt when fans of the Oakland Raiders want a single hub for news of the team they turn to RaiderNews.com. The man that runs the site is Jerry Cardoza and he is a walking wealth of Raiders knowledge.

He and I had the opportunity to speak during the first half of Sunday’s contest between the Kansas City Chiefs and Baltimore Ravens.

Among the many topics discussed was the dismissal of Tom Cable and of course the bombshell revelation that Nnamdi Asomugha’s contract was voided and he is now an unrestricted free agent.

According to Cardoza, there’s a pretty good chance Al Davis will re-sign him. Asomugha has strong ties to the Oakland community and probably isn’t in a hurry to leave town anyway.

Whether he will receive the nearly $17 million per season he was due to earn in 2011 is suspect, but there’s little doubt Davis wants him back.

The only wrinkle in the picture is Richard Seymour who will also command a hefty salary to re-sign.

Who knows whether there will be a salary cap when the new CBA gets worked out. That’s certainly another factor.

Also on topic for part one of our discussion, the parallels between the Washington ******** and Raiders organizations, the 2010 MVP and more.

[h1]Asomugha Should Still Be A Raider In 2011 Says Expert[/h1]
By Chuck Carroll
»Football News Now Staff Writer» January 9, 2011 - 11:14 pm

nnamdi_asomugha_sm.jpg

It’s always a pleasure to have the chance to speak with people who actually know what they’re talking about. Half the time I’m just pretending. Just kidding, it’s more like 75 percent.

Regardless, there is little doubt when fans of the Oakland Raiders want a single hub for news of the team they turn to RaiderNews.com. The man that runs the site is Jerry Cardoza and he is a walking wealth of Raiders knowledge.

He and I had the opportunity to speak during the first half of Sunday’s contest between the Kansas City Chiefs and Baltimore Ravens.

Among the many topics discussed was the dismissal of Tom Cable and of course the bombshell revelation that Nnamdi Asomugha’s contract was voided and he is now an unrestricted free agent.

According to Cardoza, there’s a pretty good chance Al Davis will re-sign him. Asomugha has strong ties to the Oakland community and probably isn’t in a hurry to leave town anyway.

Whether he will receive the nearly $17 million per season he was due to earn in 2011 is suspect, but there’s little doubt Davis wants him back.

The only wrinkle in the picture is Richard Seymour who will also command a hefty salary to re-sign.

Who knows whether there will be a salary cap when the new CBA gets worked out. That’s certainly another factor.

Also on topic for part one of our discussion, the parallels between the Washington ******** and Raiders organizations, the 2010 MVP and more.

Like I said before, Nnamdi will be back. Its useless unless we can get someone better than Stanford Routt to go on the other side of him.

Like I said before, Nnamdi will be back. Its useless unless we can get someone better than Stanford Routt to go on the other side of him.

Watching the Press Conference right now; Al looks nasty as ever. I had never heard Hue talk before this, he seems really intelligent; not just football intelligent.

Cliffs:

-Jason Campbell is still Jim Plunkett, he is better than Cam Newton, and is our quarterback for now.
-Al doesn't understand the hoopla about Favre, thinks Jim Plunkett > Favre by far
-Jamarcus Russel has officially been accepted as a failure by Mr. Davis
-Hue will still be making 100% of the playcalls on offense.
pimp.gif

-Jason Campbell is on the same boat as John Elway and Steve Young (late bloomers), and is fully capable of winning the Raiders a superbowl
-Al roasted a guy who said we have a lot of Free Agents this season; brought out statistics and everything.
sick.gif

-Cable didn't work out because he wasn't a good OC and Mr. Davis didnt agree with his zone blocking scheme.
-Hue will be liked in the locker room as much as Cable, if not more
-Bruce is good for 1 game, but he's no Jason Campbell, he gets hurt too much.
-Last year when Nnamdi said he wanted to go to NY, Al called him and said 'if you want to go, I'll get you out of here. You want to go?' and Nnamdi said no.
-When asked "what do you want from the defense", Hue says "I want the other team to be worried about us hitting them as soon as they get off the bus".
pimp.gif

-Tim Kawakami comes in to ask a question, says his name, Al goes "WHOO!!?" and he says his name again, and Al goes "OH, YOU!", and Tim goes "Yeah, i'm still here". You could tell Al doesnt agree with little Timmy.
laugh.gif

-You can really tell it was going to be Hue the whole time, Al said he brought out a few other guys resumès and they just didnt compare.
-Al thinks the 18 game schedule WILL happen, and it seems like he wants it to happen.
-Al drops a bomb, saying he wants to tear down the Coliseum and build a new one in its place.
-Al won't say what happens with the draft, says all things depend on the new CBA.
-AGAIN! "ummm Tim Kawakami". Al: "WHOOOO!?"
roll.gif
roll.gif

-Al let out an under the breath F-bomb as everyone was leaving because he didnt want it to end yet. "you $!%!%! it up".
laugh.gif

-More reasons why Cable got let go: he broke a dudes jaw, he beat up his wives. Seems like pretty good reasoning.

I hope all 3 of you enjoy my summary.

Watching the Press Conference right now; Al looks nasty as ever. I had never heard Hue talk before this, he seems really intelligent; not just football intelligent.

Cliffs:

-Jason Campbell is still Jim Plunkett, he is better than Cam Newton, and is our quarterback for now.
-Al doesn't understand the hoopla about Favre, thinks Jim Plunkett > Favre by far
pimp.gif

-Jason Campbell is on the same boat as John Elway and Steve Young (late bloomers), and is fully capable of winning the Raiders a superbowl
-Al roasted a guy who said we have a lot of Free Agents this season; brought out statistics and everything.
sick.gif

-Cable didn't work out because he wasn't a good OC and Mr. Davis didnt agree with his zone blocking scheme.
-Last year when Nnamdi said he wanted to go to NY, Al called him and said 'if you want to go, I'll get you out of here. You want to go?' and Nnamdi said no.
-When asked "what do you want from the defense", Hue says "I want the other team to be worried about us hitting them as soon as they get off the bus".
pimp.gif

-Tim Kawakami comes in to ask a question, says his name, Al goes "WHOO!!?" and he says his name again, and Al goes "OH, YOU!", and Tim goes "Yeah, i'm still here". You could tell Al doesnt agree with little Timmy.
laugh.gif

-You can really tell it was going to be Hue the whole time, Al said he brought out a few other guys resumès and they just didnt compare.
-Al thinks the 18 game schedule WILL happen, and it seems like he wants it to happen.
-Al drops a bomb, saying he wants to tear down the Coliseum and build a new one in its place.
-Al won't say what happens with the draft, says all things depend on the new CBA.
roll.gif
roll.gif

-Al let out an under the breath F-bomb as everyone was leaving because he didnt want it to end yet. "you $!%!%! it up".
laugh.gif

-More reasons why Cable got let go: he broke a dudes jaw, he beat up his wives. Seems like pretty good reasoning.

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

Cliffs:

pimp.gif

sick.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

You forgot the part where he said he very much disliked Cable's statement "we're not losers anymore" after we whooped the chiefs in arrowhead. Al said only losers make those statements. I agree with Al on that one. He said 8-8 was pathetic the Raiders should only strive for greatness and the superbowl.

The Rrrrraidaz!!!!

Originally Posted by WearinTheFourFive

Cliffs:

pimp.gif

sick.gif

pimp.gif

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif

You forgot the part where he said he very much disliked Cable's statement "we're not losers anymore" after we whooped the chiefs in arrowhead. Al said only losers make those statements. I agree with Al on that one. He said 8-8 was pathetic the Raiders should only strive for greatness and the superbowl.

The Rrrrraidaz!!!!

Damn, Al is such an easy target for the media and fans of other teams, but damn it all if he doesn't put on an entertaining press conference.

The guy is definitely still sharp. And if he really did commandeer the whole last draft, I hope he realized that he should continue drafting in the same vein. Save projects for the 4th rounds and later.

Lastly, he's definitely gonna back up the brinks truck for M. Bush. Not too sure about Nnam tho.

Damn, Al is such an easy target for the media and fans of other teams, but damn it all if he doesn't put on an entertaining press conference.

The guy is definitely still sharp. And if he really did commandeer the whole last draft, I hope he realized that he should continue drafting in the same vein. Save projects for the 4th rounds and later.

Lastly, he's definitely gonna back up the brinks truck for M. Bush. Not too sure about Nnam tho.

Back
Top Bottom