Official: 2009-2010 Fantasy Basketball Thread

Originally Posted by RFX45

Damn, looks like Hibbert usefulness is now gone since Murphy is back. He still started and played 24 minutes but damn he hasn't been playing well in the two games Murphy has been back.
I might drop him for Marcus Thornton. Or should I give him another game to see?
I'm giving Hibbert another game while I'm trying to shop him.

But if I can't, I'm hoping Hibbert can still put up numbers, even with Murphy back.

yeah ure betta off holding onto until his value goes up a lil more. i want 2 get rid of him or Rose, but only cuz I have 4 PGs already. I'm holding ontofor now cuz CP3 is on my squad and is out right now. sux tht Mikey Miller is out wen he was putting up good numbers. I had to drop him for Udrih.

i got hibbert too and ill wait and see what happens. ill most likely keep him though since theres no one notable on the list

I was just thinking, last game Hibbert played where he had 15 minutes of playing time was because he was in foul trouble, right? I believe he had 5 fouls orsomething like that. And during pre-season, didn't Hibbert and Murphy play together and Hibbert was still putting up good numbers? Why are we worried aboutHibbert playing with Murphy? If anything, shouldn't Hibbert and Murphy play well together? Hibbert in the paint and Murphy on the perimeter, right? I haveboth so it doesn't matter who gets the rebound, it still counts for me.
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Originally Posted by JJ1223

Brooks, Stuckey or Hughes?
My order is Aaron Brooks, then Rodney Stuckey, then Larry Hughes.

Yeah I was thinking the same. Brooks is gonna run his team all season; Stuck's stats will drop slightly when Rip and Prince are back and Bynum may cutinto his #s; Hughes is solid all around but may be inconsistent and steals are his most valuable stat imo, altho I picked him but for an occasional 3 a game.

I was just thinking, last game Hibbert played where he had 15 minutes of playing time was because he was in foul trouble, right? I believe he had 5 fouls or something like that. And during pre-season, didn't Hibbert and Murphy play together and Hibbert was still putting up good numbers? Why are we worried about Hibbert playing with Murphy? If anything, shouldn't Hibbert and Murphy play well together? Hibbert in the paint and Murphy on the perimeter, right? I have both so it doesn't matter who gets the rebound, it still counts for me.
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Ture but once the season started, Hibbert didn't produce as much as he did when Murphy was out. Like in the first two games of the season, Hibbert 6/9 and8/6 and then Murphy goes out and he started scoring and rebounding in double figures. The plast two game that Murphy comes back, Hibbert is once again back inthe singles digit in both categories. I'm in a H2H league and if a player will play badly for a week, I would rather drop him and pick up someone likeGooden or Hickson who is doing well and will do better than him. Plus with Dunleavy returning, we don't know how much pt he will get. It has already beenreported that Hibberts teammates are hesitant to give the ball to him on the offensive end, just htink how much less touches he'll get now that Murphy andDunleavy will be back.

Another example is Collison, I picked him up to pick up the assist slack for my team last week but he only has 4 games in the next two weeks so I need to findsomeone more productive and will play more games for the next two weeks. I can risk dropping him too because once CP3 returns, his value goes down anyways. Iwas thinking of picking up Dahntay Jones but again, with Dunleavy's return, his pt might slope down.

laugh.gif

I just noticed I can pick up Dunleavy from the FA list too, I guess I can drop Hibbert or Collison for him. I'll sleep on it.

I dropped Collison for Gooden, Dampier should be out for a while so hopefully he can continue his double-doubles.
I'll pick up Dunleavy once he plays. The league I'm in isn't too active, or at least not as active as me so I can probably snatch him up on thenight of his first game.

i dropped Mike Miller, replacing him with Dunleavy, thinking he would be playing this week. looks like he won't be:

"G Mike Dunleavy has been cleared to play, but coach Jim O'Brien said it might not be this week. 'He has not practiced enough fullcourt thatwe're comfortable just throwing him out there,' O'Brien said. 'When he feels like he's in NBA shape, then he'll be back.'"

Unless you need assists and not 3s, I'd actually hold onto to Frye. His play is not as consistent as it should be but when he is hott, he drops 3s likenothing.

Originally Posted by mustbetheshoe58

should i drop mike miller and get brandon rush? is miller worth holding onto 4-6 weeks?
Yes, drop Mike Miller and pick up Brandon Rush. Mike Miller isn't worth holding on to. Just be aware that Brandon Rush's minutes mighttake a hit when Dunleavy comes back probably next week or so.

Is there anyone else on your FA that you're thinking about picking up besides Brandon Rush?

Originally Posted by PatentBoy23

Unless you need assists and not 3s, I'd actually hold onto to Frye. His play is not as consistent as it should be but when he is hott, he drops 3s like nothing.
Aight cool thanks

Originally Posted by parada45

Should I drop Frye for

Udrich or J ason Williams?
I had to look to see if there was another player in the NBA with the name "Frye." There wasn't.

Why would you drop Channing Frye? If you don't want him, you're better off just trading him. His value is probably as high as it gets right now beforeit drops. I say you capitalize on it right now instead of dropping him and letting another team have him for free.

yeah trading Frye is another option. I have Odom right now and his stats are dropping with Pau back. I dnt think I can trade him off, so i'm going to holdonto him cuz he helps out with an occasional 3 and is an underrated asst man right now, hopefully he holds up.

should i drop mike miller and get brandon rush? is miller worth holding onto 4-6 weeks?
Yes, drop Mike Miller and pick up Brandon Rush. Mike Miller isn't worth holding on to. Just be aware that Brandon Rush's minutes might take a hit when Dunleavy comes back probably next week or so.

Is there anyone else on your FA that you're thinking about picking up besides Brandon Rush?

my options are:

brandon rush
jason williams
nate robinson
marcus thronton
shane battier
jared dudley
darren collinson
nenad krstic

Yes, drop Mike Miller and pick up Brandon Rush. Mike Miller isn't worth holding on to. Just be aware that Brandon Rush's minutes might take a hit when Dunleavy comes back probably next week or so.

my options are:

brandon rush
jason williams
nate robinson
marcus thronton
shane battier
jared dudley
darren collinson
nenad krstic
I'd probably get either Darren Collison or Marcus Thornton over Brandon Rush.

to everyone who owns david west, are you guys keeping him and waiting for his production to go up or shopping him around?

edit: Tmac practice today, should I pick him up and store him on my bench? I'll probably drop will bynum for him.

my options are:

brandon rush
jason williams
nate robinson
marcus thronton
shane battier
jared dudley
darren collinson
nenad krstic
I'd probably get either Darren Collison or Marcus Thornton over Brandon Rush.
i'd also consider dudley. dude's upside is much larger than anyone else on that list.

I need some advice.

My team is need of a PG (assist and steals). I got offered Calderon and Flynn for Jamison, of course I'm giving up Jamison. I'm stacked with big guys.

Any suggestions?

Dudley seems inconsistent, kind of like Frye.
Marcus Thornton has been on a roll, he is a scorer though and not much else.
I am inclined to say Nate Robinson because he can score and give 3's, he's probably a much consistent scorer than Dudley.

I have David West in my other league, I just hold on to him but he really is showing how CP3 has made him much better than he really is.
Odd enough this season, even with CP3, he was doing horrible. Like he lost some determination or will.
West and Calderon are my biggest disappointments this year, I picked them up in the 3rd and 4th round.

Back
Top Bottom