Official: 2009 Fantasy Football Thread (Week 17)

Ryan Grant for Pierre Thomas?

Pierre Thomas only gets about 10-15 carries a game, while Grant gets 20+.

Your thoughts?

Any idea yet if Deangelo Williams will play this week?

Would you play Julius Jones vs Houston or Kevin Smith Vs BMore?

Anyone taking a risk on Davone Bess this week? Or should I stick with MSW and Jennings?

Originally Posted by JPZx

Ryan Grant for Pierre Thomas?

Pierre Thomas only gets about 10-15 carries a game, while Grant gets 20+.

Your thoughts?

I'd stick with Ryan Grant, Pierre Thomas is feast or famine, at least Ryan Grant gets many carries.

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Any idea yet if Deangelo Williams will play this week?
No word yet.

Would you play Julius Jones vs Houston or Kevin Smith Vs BMore?
Jones.

Anyone taking a risk on Davone Bess this week? Or should I stick with MSW and Jennings?
At this moment I would go with Bess.

Sims-Walker has disappeared over the past few weeks and both Jacksonville and Miami's secondaries are rated right next to each so I'd go with the guywho's hot right now. You don't go from 10rec 117 Yds, and a TD to producing nothing. I think Bess will continue to put up numbers.

mike sims-walker cost me a loss this week argh..i picked up meachem but bess is still available. should i drop meachem for bess?

Cragmatic wrote:

I own both these guys.

Out of the three I would go with MSW. He is usually money at home if you look at his stats.

I know he was terrible last week but Bess has had one good game all year

I think going with Bess is taking a big chance

Jennings is suspect I don't trust him at all anymore

I'm starting Bess and benching MSW.

Dallas Clark vs DEN (clark has been laying some eggs recently)
or
Brent Celek @ NYG (played well versus them last time)

I guess with that being said, pick 2,

MSW Vs miami, Bess vs Jacksonville, or Jennings vs Chicago.

And I'd go with Celek, NYGs pass d is not that great

I would go with Jennings and MSW

I can't trust Bess off of one game

Yea I would go with Celek

Not going to quote every1..

But I don't know how you can trust Julius Jones, I would def go with K.Smith vs B-More. It cost me the win last week in sitting Smith vs cinci, Julius justcan't do anything. It's sad he's still the starter because Forsett has so much more potential, I just won't start him if is isn't gettingthe rock

I personally would also go with Dallas Clark, last week he didn't have that great of a game but he's been money all year long. If your going to gobased on the past weeks, Celek hasn't done much at all.

Bess only had that good game because of the game plan. Dolphins as we all know are a run 1st team, but the Pats secondary is just awful. They went in thinkingpass 1st. Henne had 300+ yards and I didn't see them doing the wild cat formation once last week. They might do the same thing against the Jags, if yourgoing to play Bess you better hope they have the same exact game plan.

Had to release Steve Slaton today... who should i pick up for the playoffs...

Jerome Harrison
Quinton Ganthers
or Chris Brown

?

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Jerome Harrison

Quinton Ganthers
or Chris Brown

?
I'd go with him he's their number 1. Ganther we don't know about him yet and Chris Brown is pretty up in the air, if he doesn'tget that TD he's a major bust.

Pick 1 WR
  • Lee Evans vs. Chiefs (i'm also starting TO)
  • Steve Breaston vs. SF
  • Santana Moss vs. Oak
Pick 1 RB
  • Ganther vs. OAK
  • Forsett vs. HOU
  • Sproles vs. DAL
  • Hightower vs. SF

Jerome Harrison
Quinton Ganthers
or Chris Brown

?
I just picked up Ganther today once he was named their starter/ Harrison only had 1 decent game. ******** are the better team, with bettermatchups

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Jerome Harrison
Quinton Ganthers
or Chris Brown

?
I just picked up Ganther today once he was named their starter/ Harrison only had 1 decent game. ******** are the better team, with better matchups (this week at least)

^ You really think Ganther will have a major or impacting role? I'm in need of a RB right now.

Lets see what Ganther can do, I'll add him
laugh.gif

Anyone got word with the J. Jones & Forsett situation? This should be a damn no brainer for Mora that fool.

I don't know whether to bench him or start him.

Sims-Walker vs Dolphins

OR

Miles Austin vs Chargers

(remember Chargers are 8th in pass defense, Dolphins are 24th)

-The Juice

Originally Posted by JPZx

^ You really think Ganther will have a major or impacting role? I'm in need of a RB right now.

I'm crossing my fingers haha. I don't really have much of a choice he's in there for me this week. He's getting good praise and alot ofpeople like this kid. It doesn't hurt that he's playing against the raiders either.

I need luck to get through this playoff now, my rb situation is horrible
laugh.gif
maroney/ganther are in my starting lineup with julius/forsett/turner/snelling/chris brown on my bench.. I'm glad I can at least count on myQB/WRs to putup points for me (Brady/Wayne/Driver/Rice)

I'm really hoping Turner is 100% or close to it this week. If he's good to go I think I rather put him over Maroney this week Or even if Forsett canbecome the clear starter for the Seahawks.

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

Sims-Walker vs Dolphins

OR

Miles Austin vs Chargers

(remember Chargers are 8th in pass defense, Dolphins are 24th)

-The Juice

that's a tough one. i would say sims-walker. i also have msw and he did crap for my team last week
mad.gif

help me pick 1 WR and 1 TE

wr's

sims-walker vs. dolphins
or
robert meachem @ falcons

te's

jerrimichael finley vs. bears
or
kevin boss vs. eagles

any help or comments are appreciated!
tongue.gif