Official: *2009 Fantasy Football Thread*

Originally Posted by Mr Fizzy Womack

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

Originally Posted by Kookcle

whats a keeper league how is it different?
You keep a certain number of players (usually 2-4) from your team in the initial year into the next year.

I prefer 10.

Now the difficult part... picking a draft date.
I know you're scared of me, but damn.
Check the edit, turd.

Calm down, turbo. And you better watch your mouth when speaking to me.

And Ace, it ain't going to be much of a "rivalry"... the other team has to win every now and again to make it a rivalry...
But you wouldn't know anything about that now, would you?

3rd > 5th.

Keeper leagues are real fun.

I'm in a 12 team keeper league that's gone on for the past 2 years. Won it all the first year and didn't make the playoffs and finished last, lastyear.
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Anyways, I've got a few options this year so I'd love some input on what you guys would do.

Should I keep Brady this year and and also Marques Colston.

OR

Should I keep Brady and trade the 13th overall pick (2nd round pick 1) for a running back like Westbrook, Deangelo Williams, or Chris Johnson and use them as akeeper.

Originally Posted by Kookcle

whats a keeper league how is it different?
You keep a certain number of players (usually 2-4) from your team in the initial year into the next year.

I prefer 10.

Now the difficult part... picking a draft date.
I know you're scared of me, but damn.
Check the edit, turd.

Calm down, turbo. And you better watch your mouth when speaking to me.

And Ace, it ain't going to be much of a "rivalry"... the other team has to win every now and again to make it a rivalry...
But you wouldn't know anything about that now, would you?

3rd > 5th.

i know i will have to work that day(the 3rd), so anything after 11 pm est im good
laugh.gif

ifeel like sunday nights are the best

smh I leave for an hour and I miss out.

Whatever, thoughts on this mock? I had the 2nd pick.
1. Matt Forte (Chi - RB)
2. Calvin Johnson (Det - WR)
3. Reggie Wayne (Ind - WR)
4. Kevin Smith (Det - RB)
5. Matt Ryan (Atl - QB)
6. Owen Daniels (Hou - TE)
7. DeSean Jackson (Phi - WR)
8. Minnesota (Min - DEF)
9. Ryan Longwell (Min - K)
10. Jay Cutler (Chi - QB)
11. Kevin Walter (Hou - WR)
12. Ted Ginn Jr. (Mia - WR)
13. Le'Ron McClain (Bal - RB)
14. Cedric Benson (Cin - RB)
15. Kevin Curtis (Phi - WR)

^ Looking at the first few picks I'm curious as to how the full first round went. Not judging your picks at all, but I notice how the landscape of NFLsuperstars has shifted and a new crop of stud players is on the rise, and the old mainstays have fallen back.

Originally Posted by TheGift23

The sunday after the preseason ends is Sept 6...I think that's a good date...
i def. agree with waiting until the end of preseason if possible. i'm away that weekend, so if we could do it like on a weekday night rightafter, that'd be perfect for me. but if sunday works for most, we can do that, just later on at night rather than the afternoon.

Eh...I don't like Forte with the 2nd pick but that's just me. I have the Top 3 as AP, MJD, and then S. Jackson/Turner coming in with a close tie atthree. We'll see though.

You have a great receiving core (CJ, Wayne, Desean) but I don't like Kevin Smith as your #2 back.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by TheGift23

The sunday after the preseason ends is Sept 6...I think that's a good date...
i def. agree with waiting until the end of preseason if possible. i'm away that weekend, so if we could do it like on a weekday night right after, that'd be perfect for me. but if sunday works for most, we can do that, just later on at night rather than the afternoon.

Preseason ends Friday September 4...I don't know...up to you (and like I said, I'm not avialble Sept 5)

I think the night of Sept 6 is good...

Really, it can be earlier than that too, if we have a hard time with people's availability. I assume the reason for starting as late as possible is to wayto see how injuries and starting postions might play out, but that last game is usually just for the few remaining players fighting for a roster spot and thetop players won't even see the field.

I'm keeping Brady regardless. We get two keepers though. So I am debating whether or not to trade the 13th pick overall for a solid running back likeWestbrook, Deangelo Williams, or Chris Johnson or keeping the pick and keeping Marques Colston.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

^ Looking at the first few picks I'm curious as to how the full first round went. Not judging your picks at all, but I notice how the landscape of NFL superstars has shifted and a new crop of stud players is on the rise, and the old mainstays have fallen back.
Co-sign.

Vets are on their way out the league, so the young guys have to step up. It's time for the young guys to show & prove.

Edit:

As far as draft date, I'm down for anytime/any day before Saturday Sept. 5. After that, my weekends (fri-sun) are gonna be hit & miss.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

I'm keeping Brady regardless. We get two keepers though. So I am debating whether or not to trade the 13th pick overall for a solid running back like Westbrook, Deangelo Williams, or Chris Johnson or keeping the pick and keeping Marques Colston.

Lemme get this straight: if you keep Brady and Colston, you'll have the #1 overall and the #1 pick in the 2nd round.
If you keep JUST Brady and trade the #1 in the second round, you will have Brady + Westbrook/Williams/Johnson and still have the 1st overall pick?

The kicker for me would be the quality of players that will be left after keepers are decided. Two players per team x 12 teams = 24 top players that are gone.

Brady + one of those RB's + the 1st overall pick, to me, sounds better. There will def. not be a player of Westbrook, Williams or Johnson's caliberleft on the board after keepers are decided and 12 other picks go through. Sure, you won't have a second round pick, but you should have a solid core withBrady/RB/#1, especially if you can get another RB or great WR.

Edit:

As far as draft date, I'm down for anytime/any day before Saturday Sept. 5. After that, my weekends (fri-sun) are gonna be hit & miss.
ohwell.gif
being that sept 5th is labor day weekend and people may have things going on, i think i'm going to initially set us up for the sunday beforethat weekend (august 30). we can obviously change it, but initially that's what i'm going to put down when i create the league. it'll be in yahoobtw. send me those email addresses for those who haven't.

Originally Posted by Juicy J 32

I'm keeping Brady regardless. We get two keepers though. So I am debating whether or not to trade the 13th pick overall for a solid running back like Westbrook, Deangelo Williams, or Chris Johnson or keeping the pick and keeping Marques Colston.

Lemme get this straight: if you keep Brady and Colston, you'll have the #1 overall and the #1 pick in the 2nd round.
If you keep JUST Brady and trade the #1 in the second round, you will have Brady + Westbrook/Williams/Johnson and still have the 1st overall pick?

The kicker for me would be the quality of players that will be left after keepers are decided. Two players per team x 12 teams = 24 top players that are gone.

Brady + one of those RB's + the 1st overall pick, to me, sounds better. There will def. not be a player of Westbrook, Williams or Johnson's caliber left on the board after keepers are decided and 12 other picks go through. Sure, you won't have a second round pick, but you should have a solid core with Brady/RB/#1, especially if you can get another RB or great WR.
laugh.gif

I probably made this sound more confusing than it is. I traded for Brady and gave up the #1 pick and the #49 pick (5th rounder), but received the #13 pick(first of 2nd round) and the 37th pick (first of the 4th round).

So now I'm thinking about trading the 13th pick for a RB, because there probably wont be a solid first option RB available by the time that pick comes.

651, here are the first two rounds
[size=-1][size=-1]Round 1
(1) Team 1 - Adrian Peterson (Min - RB)
(2) JustinT - Matt Forte (Chi - RB)
(3) EP - Maurice Jones-Drew (Jac - RB)
(4) levicrowdis - Michael Turner (Atl - RB)
(5) Jim S - Brian Westbrook (Phi - RB)
(6) A Yahoo! User - DeAngelo Williams (Car - RB)
(7) A Yahoo! User - LaDainian Tomlinson (SD - RB)
(
glasses.gif
daren.tucker08 - Frank Gore (SF - RB)
(9) cole25turbo - Larry Fitzgerald (Ari - WR)
(10) cheesecurds07 - Brandon Jacobs (NYG - RB)

Round 2
(1) cheesecurds07 - Randy Moss (NE - WR)
(2) cole25turbo - Clinton Portis (Was - RB)
(3) daren.tucker08 - Steve Slaton (Hou - RB)
(4) A Yahoo! User - Steven Jackson (StL - RB)
(5) A Yahoo! User - Chris Johnson (Ten - RB)
(6) Jim S - Drew Brees (NO - QB)
(7) levicrowdis - Tom Brady (NE - QB)
(
glasses.gif
EP - Andre Johnson (Hou - WR)
(9) JustinT - Calvin Johnson (Det - WR)
(10) Team 1 - Steve Smith (Car - WR)[/size]
[/size]

Originally Posted by JPZx

Eh...I don't like Forte with the 2nd pick but that's just me. I have the Top 3 as AP, MJD, and then S. Jackson/Turner coming in with a close tie at three. We'll see though.

You have a great receiving core (CJ, Wayne, Desean) but I don't like Kevin Smith as your #2 back.
I almost took Turner. Oh well, it was a mock. I'll probably take Turner in a real draft at 2.

For a 2nd RB I had either Ronnie Brown, Kevin Smith, or Ryan Grant.

yo whats good????

i said on page 1 let me know on that nt league..

let me know [email protected] / imcoolc aim

holla at me fellas.. i won my league last year running up year before whats good #@!#???

laugh.gif

my bad guys...i wasn't sure if you guys were down for a normal league or keeper. i know a lot of dudes just like drafting an entirely new team year toyear, so i kinda left it open. unfortunately it filled up pretty quick. but from the sounds of it, you definitely could probably get another league going noproblem, and then there's nowitness's league too, if he's still running it. again, sorry for the mix-up.

Back
Top Bottom