Official: *2009 Fantasy Football Thread*

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

would any of yall do these deals? (i'm trying see if i have a chance of pulling any of these trades off)

we start 9 - QB, TE, D, K, FLEX, 2WR, 2RB.. i'm cutting fred taylor & brandon pettigrew on weds, so i'm adding them to any deal i can

i'm good at WRs, andre johnson, desean jackson, chris henry, bernard berrian and bowe.. but my RBs are MJD, Westbrook, Donald Brown & Fred Taylor.. soo i just want to try to see if i can swing a nice 3rd RB.. and i have to try to see if i can get calvin johnson

1st) dwayne bowe, fred taylor & brandon pettigrew (my guys) for steve slaton (or chris johnson.. the guy i offered the trade to, has both)

2nd) bernard berrian, fred taylor & brandon pettigrew for ryan grant

3rd) dwayne bowe, bernard berrian and fred taylor for calvin johnson
so does anyone think i can pull off number 2 or 3?

and what is the site where you can rate your team?

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

^ You won't be able to pull off 2 or 3.

would i be able to pull off dwayne bowe, desean jackson & fred taylor for calvin johnson

since i would still have barrian & chris henry on my bench

and should i drop fred taylor for one of the below:

jamaal charles, michael bush, kevin curtis or hakeem nicks

Originally Posted by Shooter116

Starting lineup as of today... who would be worthy trades for Julius and Addai? I want to rid of them both honestly
nerd.gif

3rd draft is in 30 minutes. I got the first pick.

Is AP the clear number 1 pick? OR should I seriously consider Turner?

.5 point per reception btw.. and its just a fun league

Any help is appreciated

what kinda WR do you guys think i could get for Jerricho and Donald Driver together?

Just finished my 3rd and last draft.

8 teams, IDP. We start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, K, DL, LB, LB, DB, DB, DFlex, DFlex.

I had the first pick.

QB: A. Rodgers, M. Schaub
RB: AP, Barber, Portis, Lendale
WR: Calvin Johnson, G. Jennings, Ochocinco, D. Hester, Ginn Jr.
TE: Shiancoe
K: J. Elam
DL: Osi
LB: Jerod Mayo, J. Harrison, K Bulluck, Vilma, C. Crowder
DB: A. Winfield, D. Rodgers-Cromartie, D. Revis

This was my first time doing a draft with so many IDPs. I'm in a dynasty league where we start 4, but 7 is alot more.

Any thoughts? I would like to package Portis with someone to upgrade my WR's.

Originally Posted by bwalk

what kinda WR do you guys think i could get for Jerricho and Donald Driver together?
Braylon Edwards, TJ Houshmandzadeh, Roy Williams, etc.
simpliSD wrote:
QBs- Very good. Ryan is a great backup and I love Peyton this year....he'll be consistent as usual. Expect similar #s of last year.
RBs- MJD and Gore? You're sitting pretty man. I like Stewart as a guy you can plug in whenever but if I were you I'd drop McClain. Reports are thathe's going to be mainly playing fullback this year and not getting the type of carries he had last year. If Ray Rice is out there, grab him.
WRs- Definitely the weak point of your team...Owens hasn't synced with Edwards this whole preseason but I think he will be fine...I don't really likeWelker this year just because of all the weapons NE has (they added some more this offseason). Ward will be his same self though. Having Holmes on your benchis pretty big...but you can't start Ward/Holmes at the same time obviously.
TEs- Fasano had a nice year last year but I don't see the numbers he put up being the same this year....Cooley will perform well though.

Try to trade for a WR. Package maybe Jonathan Stewart and Welker to get a better #2 option I'd say. Good luck.
HWBurnz wrote: Is AP the clear number 1 pick? OR should I seriously consider Turner?
I think AP is the clear number 1 pick and I'm keeping my biased out. If you didn't go him...I'd say MJD just because of the .5 percatch thing. Turner hardly gets any action in the passing game. What'd you end up deciding...you said your draft was in 30 minutes but that was about 2hours ago.

EDIT: Alright, I'm looking at your team (you just c&p'd it in your last post)

I would start...

QB- Aaron Rodgers
RB- Adrian Peterson, Clinton Portis
WR- Calvin Johnson, Greg Jennings, Chad Ochocinco
TE- Shiancoe

To be honest man I'm not seeing ANY weaknesses on that team. Shiancoe is set up to have a big year with Favre, Rodgers threw over 4000 yards last year inhis first season starting, should get even better....AP, Portis, Jennings, Ocho, and Calvin speak for themselves.

Great job drafting.
Shooter116
QBs- Schaub...Ryan....one of them will have a good year. If Schaub stays healthy it will be him. Otherwise, I think Ryan. With the added target inGonzalez, a proven Roddy White, another year under Turner's belt, I see Ryan having a good sophomore season.
RBs- Expect Forte to get a huge workload this season....especially since Kevin Jones went down for the year. I'd say he's going to get 98% of thecarries which can be good/bad for fantasy owners. He might wear down by the end of the season but it also means more chances to get you points. Kevin Smith isan okay #2 but I'm iffy on him. I don't like Addai or Julius like you.
WRs- Pretty impressive...I like the 1-2 punch in Johnson and Owens...and Hines is consistent. You're going to be getting a lot of points from this area.Morgan and Ginn are wildcards.
TEs- Cooley will have a good year...it's on Campbell to give him the ball where he can make plays though.

Good team....for your question about Addai and Julius, I'd try to ship them off to. You'd have to find a player in your league that's not a veryin-depth fantasy player because if you're in the loop you'll know that the stocks of Addai and Julius are going down. Yeah, definitely try to find away to ship them off....I wouldn't expect much back for them though.
Leon Washington is available. Should I grab him?

Thomas Jones, Anthony Gonzalez, Bernard Barrian...probably the only ones I could or would drop.
I wouldn't drop any of those guys for Leon.

i just had my 12-team IDP PPR league. dont think i did very well
embarassed.gif

2vj68tv.jpg

smh.gif
@shockey.......i missed the pick

IDP experts chime in

Originally Posted by JPZx

HWBurnz wrote: Is AP the clear number 1 pick? OR should I seriously consider Turner?
.5 point per reception btw.. and its just a fun league
I think AP is the clear number 1 pick and I'm keeping my biased out. If you didn't go him...I'd say MJD just because of the .5 per catch thing. Turner hardly gets any action in the passing game. What'd you end up deciding...you said your draft was in 30 minutes but that was about 2 hours ago.

took AP..draft results are above

Originally Posted by HWBurnz

took AP..draft results are above
Yep, I edited my post. Check it out.
59 Piffy
QBs- Ryan is good...but I wouldn't call him the clear cut starter on your team. I think Palmer will come back and have a huge year. But youcan start Ryan for now until Palmer actually proves himself if you'd like.
RBs- Sorry man
sick.gif
....not sure how muchI like Ronnie Brown this year. A lot of his TDs last year came in bursts....he just wasn't that consistent to me. I don't see him being a hugecontributor this season. Smith is iffy to me....I like the upside on Donald Brown though. I'd drop Earnest Graham for Cadillac if I were you....Caddy wasnamed the starter this afternoon.
WRs- The cornerstone of your team....this is where you will be getting all your points. Randy Moss, Calvin Johnson, Eddie Royal, Braylon Edwards....great jobthere man. To be honest I think they will actually make up for your RBs....which means you're team is sitting fine in my eyes.
TE- Eh...not sure how I feel about Shockey or Celek, both of them have a lot to prove to me until I'd be able to depend on them.

You're team has potential to be pretty good man...like I said your WRs are the cornerstone of your team. If you really stay on the waiver wire and payattention to what's going on you'll be able to succeed. You gotta find a RB that comes out of the blue though...some guy that bursts onto the scene andyou'll be able to pick up. I'm just not buying your RBs right now. Really pay attention to what's going on around the NFL and be the first to pickup that RB that is currently on no one's roster but breaks out.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by JPZx
Yeah I wasn't too worried about the offensive side of the ball, since it was only 8 people. It's the IDP's I'm not too sure on.

And yeah, I'm thinking of starting Portis over Marion. The homer in me picked him in the 4th round... and somehow Portis was still there in the 6th,couldn't pass him up. But since we only start 2 RB's and have no Flex, should I try to package Portis or Barber for another WR? I'd rather nothave one of them sitting on the bench, know what I mean?

Hmm...if I were you I'd actually package Portis and Barber for an even better RB. Like LT, SJax, etc.

I think you're already pretty strong at WR.

really stupid question comming from me but....

Why does it take so long to have the auto pick draft in yahoo leagues to take place? shouldnt this be something that can happen automatically? all the teamsare signed up and everyones draft order is set. the message i have says it will take place before friday

smack me after you give me an answer

Someone give me an opinion, pretty please with chocolate cherries on top.

What do y'all think of this trade...

I give up Peyton Manning for...

Greg Jennings, ******** D/ST, and Joe Flacco...

(Keep in mind that our scoring for the league is set up like this...)

Let me know what y'all think, doesn't have to be prophet like analysis, just need some opinions...

QB (1) - Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger
RB (2) - Marion Barber, Ryan Grant, Tim Hightower, Donald Brown, Cadillac
WR (3) - Randy Moss, TJ Housh, Mushin Muhammad, Justin Gage
TE (1) - Dallas Clark
DEF/ST (1) - Green Bay, Seattle

Originally Posted by Danny Almonte 3

really stupid question comming from me but....

Why does it take so long to have the auto pick draft in yahoo leagues to take place? shouldnt this be something that can happen automatically? all the teams are signed up and everyones draft order is set. the message i have says it will take place before friday

smack me after you give me an answer

I think it may be so that the owner of said team has a chance of signing in for the live draft

2nd team this season...12-man...3rd pick...no PPR...start QB,WR,WR,WR,RB,RB,TE,K,DEF
[table][tr][td]1.[/td] [td](3)[/td] [td]Matt Forte[/td] [td]RB[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2.[/td] [td](22)[/td] [td]Andre Johnson[/td] [td]WR[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3.[/td] [td](27)[/td] [td]Roddy White[/td] [td]WR[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4.[/td] [td](46)[/td] [td]Ronnie Brown[/td] [td]RB[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5.[/td] [td](51)[/td] [td]Jay Cutler[/td] [td]QB[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6.[/td] [td](70)[/td] [td]Lee Evans[/td] [td]WR[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7.[/td] [td](75)[/td] [td]Ryan Grant[/td] [td]RB[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8.[/td] [td](94)[/td] [td]Philadelphia[/td] [td]DEF[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9.[/td] [td](99)[/td] [td]Darren McFadden[/td] [td]RB[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10.[/td] [td](118)[/td] [td]Percy Harvin[/td] [td]WR[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11.[/td] [td](123)[/td] [td]Ted Ginn Jr.[/td] [td]WR[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12.[/td] [td](142)[/td] [td]Mark Sanchez[/td] [td]QB[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13.[/td] [td](147)[/td] [td]Brent Celek[/td] [td]TE[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14.[/td] [td](166)[/td] [td]John Kasay[/td] [td]K[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15.[/td] [td](171)[/td] [td]Josh Morgan[/td] [td]WR[/td] [/tr][/table]

Thoughts?

Just got offered a trade, but I'll show my squad first...Had 5th pick, 10 teams...QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 Def, 1 K, 1 W/R

QB: K Warner
WR: Calvin Johnson
WR: Anquan Boldin
RB: Deangelo Williams
RB: Steven Jackson
TE: Chris Cooley
W/R: Thomas Jones
Def: Philly

Bench
OchoCinco- WR
Larry Johnson- RB
Anthony Gonzalez- WR
Ahmad Bradshaw- RB
Matt Schaub- QB
Rashard Mendenhall- RB

The trade was

I give up Calvin Johnson
for
Dwayne Bowe and Marion Barber...

Dont think Im gunna do it cuz Barber will share carries and Cassel cant throw TD's in the redzone to Bowe

what yall think

What do you guys think about taking Lynch and starting Fred Jackson for the first 3 weeks?

Rhodes is gone and with Owens there it should open up the running game right?

Originally Posted by parada45

What do you guys think about taking Lynch and starting Fred Jackson for the first 3 weeks?
thats a good plan. i have lynch as my third back on one team, i took fred for weeks 1-3

Back
Top Bottom