OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

So what should the regular season consist of, never playing in the East? Only playing teams in your conference?

*facepalm*

What the @#$% are you talking about?  Who gives a @#$% about the damn regular season dude?  Why the @#$% do you care?  Jesus Christ.  You have to be foolin right now, right?  You just @#$%^& around, tryna tell jokes.  Please tell me that's it. 

Here, look at it this way, the regular season is 6 months of preseason training to get in shape for the post.  That's it.  Nothing learned, nothing gleamed, it's just working out for 6 months.  I don't care if they play 82 games against the same team, 1 game day for 6 months, 1 game a month, doubleheaders, who gives a @#$%   NONE of it matters.  Why is that so hard for you to figure out? 

A playoff series is NOTHING like facing 4 teams in a week.  DO YOU GET THIS? 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  and you're in college? 
sick.gif
laugh.gif

So what's your solution?

That's what I'm asking. You talk all this mess about the regular season not being important, nothing that happens in the regular season is important, but how do you want teams to get READY for the Playoffs? You'll have a lot of guys with fish out of water experience out there.

Okay, none of it matters, that's cool. It's only the Playoffs that matter, got it. You can't replicate facing the same team in the same week, but you're way too idealistic. Why not just play role players for 40 minutes a game, and give superstars just a few minutes to make sure they're fresh?

I understand that you are getting at that you can't replicate the Playoff experience, but how will you determine who you play? What's to stop a team like LAC getting into the Playoffs?

I don't know, you've always had me lost on this regular season doesn't matter crap. If it doesn't matter, I don't want to see you post at all until the Playoffs starts. That ever happen?

Hell no.
laugh.gif

getting home court for the finals is the most important thing about the regular season with this facacta 2 3 2 format

I can't speak for CP, but I will anyway... the regular season doesn't matter once the playoffs start and especially once it's Game 5 of the Finals.

Meaning... no one cares about how good the Mavs looked in the regular season with Caron.

I can't believe this is happening. 
laugh.gif

Who needs a solution?  What problem is there?  You have a schedule, you play it.  The end. 

You don't play role players 40 minutes a night because how would top players get in shape?  And you have to at least resonably win X amount of games to even qualify for the playoffs. 

The day the final game is over, the regular season is done.  That's it, no carry over, it don't matter any more, matchups adjust, preparation adjusts, game planning, rest, days off, media scrutiny, etc etc etc etc.  It is ALL different than the regular season.  How can you possibly not get that? 

And do you ever see me worry in the regular season?  Ever see me panic?  Flip out?  Overreact?  Nope.  I sit around for 6 months and watch all the players play.  I try to see who worked on what, what changed, I try to watch fun matchups like 2 teams full of kids, or Blake dunk on anybody, or a trade.signing that needs to fit in.  But I know for a fact as I watch, it will all be different come April.  And it always is.  And always will be. 

From now on direct your questions to my agent Big J, he'll handle it from here. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Meaning... no one cares about how good the Mavs looked in the regular season with Caron.

Wrong, I care.
pimp.gif

No, the regular season doesn't count now, and it doesn't matter if Caron isn't playing, but if he does, he brings a dynamic to our starting lineup we've been lacking.

I'm praising my dudes for their success in the regular season, which for a lot of teams that's all they got. Like the Lakers this year.
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

The day the final game is over, the regular season is done. That's it, no carry over, it don't matter any more, matchups adjust, preparation adjusts, game planning, rest, days off, media scrutiny, etc etc etc etc. It is ALL different than the regular season. How can you possibly not get that?

I DO get that...

I just find it ridiculously ignorant to say that the regular season doesn't matter. If we want to disagree on whether match-ups mid-season counts against a certain team, that's fine, and we'll agree to disagree...

But the regular season sets up the Playoffs. It matters.

And all I said was the Mavericks looked like legit contenders in the regular season with Caron, and asked Nowitness how many games he watched.

I'm sorry for stating the Mavericks were playing good basketball when Caron was healthy, I should never state such a thing in June.

I'll know for next time, thanks.

On a more positive note, I haven't heard %+!! about the Memphis Grizzlies in a long time.

Feels good, man.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Chester, you better hope that the Mavericks don't win it all, or else I'll be yappin my gums all summer bout em.
pimp.gif

Like you wouldn't do it anyways.

Originally Posted by CP1708

JapanAir21 wrote:

I'm praising my dudes for their success in the regular season,

Hence the complete difference in our two franchises....................

Chester, you better hope that the Mavericks don't win it all, or else I'll be yappin my gums all summer bout em.
pimp.gif

You really think a gone fishing picture keeps me awake at night? 
laugh.gif

"My pockets ain't empty cuz.....you hongry"   

Yeah, I went 2 fast on ya. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
  Neal with it. 

Neal with it.

roll.gif

Sorry, can't be mad at you after that. Quite possibly the best player-expression I've heard in a while. I can't lie I love that kids game though.

I'm fine with us having the label of regular season champions, we haven't done anything recently to get rid of that label, but hopefully we can start our rep fresh with a trophy.

A lot of cats talk about how they want to have multiple championships to cement their legacy. But for this squad, they know they just want one. Dirk, JET, Kidd, Marion, they all just want one. Tyson and other cats on the team have life after Dallas basketball, but for a lot of these cats, one would be enough. Not that their careers are over after that, but so many greats finish without one, and they'll rest easy knowing they have at least one.

And no disrespect taken about the Lakers championships. It's greatness. The Lakers are a cornerstone franchise in this League. It's Boston and LA. I wouldn't have it any other way. I know that's your team, and that's your history. Our team will never compare to the Lakers and their winning ways, but you know what, that's cool, I'm okay with that.

I just want our time in the spotlight for just a year.
pimp.gif

Have our celebration at the start of SportsCenter.
laugh.gif

mavs won't be in the spotlight. the heat will be even if they lose the series. even the start of sportscenter would be lebron walking off the court in shame after the last finals game

^THIS

Mavs won't any burn except the night they win the title and the day afterward.

I just traded Neal for Rudy Fernandez in the mock draft. 
laugh.gif
  I'm awesome. 

Doo is a full fledged Heat fan now, not sure if ya'll knew that, so even he don't care that Neal got moved.  Homie runnin around tuggin on Bron's balls worse than OC back in the day. 
30t6p3b.gif

Straight sell out man. 

If Dallas does win, I wonder if they spend more time on Miami losing than Dallas winning.  It is quite possible, but if it does happen that way, don't give a @#$% JA, celebrate the title and the knowledge that forever and ever people will bring up the 3 as having lost to Dirk and the Mavs. 

If Miami wins, it will be the ESPN anchors poppin champagne and @#$^ on set. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The night of and the first few days they'd talk about the Mavericks, but all summer I know it'd be about the Heat and what THEY can do.

DBD is just a Dallas hater, he does NOT want to see Dallas win, that's the main thing.
laugh.gif

I wouldn't really care to see the Spurs win either, scumbags...

Naw, go back and read some of his quotes from the start of the year, he was picking Miami to win the next 15 titles or some @#$%.

From Simmons today 
laugh.gif

Fact: If Miami blows this Finals after choking away Games 2 and 4, after everything that happened since The Decision and The Gratuitous Party One Night After The Decision, the Internet might explode. I'm not kidding. You're going to log on the next morning and there will just be a picture of a mushroom cloud.

Originally Posted by aepps20

I'm really getting sick of Stevenson's antics. This guy reminds me of Shannon Bum Brown. A role player that gets smart and starts running his mouth while riding the coat tails of a great player. Save the trash talk until after the series is over.

uh sorry but NOBODY is worse than shannon brown.

even though stevenson is a convicted child molester shannon brown $@%%$% gasol's fiance and single handedly screwed the lakers out of a 3 peat. all the while sucking major +++ oncourt. not to mention hes married to a woman that looks and acts like a dude...

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

^THIS

Mavs won't any burn except the night they win the title and the day afterward.

Yup. Texas is football country. Natl news will never respect Texas basketball that much.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

laugh.gif
@ last night being more the Heat playing lazy than the Mavs doing anything... God damn idiots...

idiot? bro your the one who made a devean george appreciation post when he was with the mavs and was dead serious about it
roll.gif

the heat attack the basket  late in the 4th they win. simple as that. but lebron was just standin around along with all the others. 

you play lazy against the zone you will die against the zone  
1) The hell are you talking about?

2) So every time the Mavericks fall into a zone, they get no credit whatsoever for keeping the Heat from scoring?
laugh.gif
 Think about how stupid that sounds... The point of a zone is to keep people out of the paint... And everytime the Mavs fall into that zone, the Heat start shooting jumpers and dribbling the shot clock out... Doesn't that mean the Mavs are doing a good job in the zone? They're getting it done on that end, aren't they?

But yeah, they get no credit for the zone doing exactly what it's designed to do...
eyes.gif

isnt the zone defense looked down upon in the nba?

Well the YUKU magician is going to destroy this site whether the Heat win or lose, so I'm going to miss you guys
frown.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Why even play the regular season? Why don't we just have Playoffs?

remember when i told you the lakers were 2-1 vs the mavericks in the regular season? what did you say? the regular season means nothing when playoffs come around. The lakers got swept by the mavs.

why you being a hypocrite now? first you pointed out that the thunder were 1-2 against the mavs in regular season. then you said the heat were 0-2. so NOW because its something good about the mavs it means something? make up your mind little man!
laugh.gif

the zone isn't supposed to work for whole games in the NBA. Teams should be good enough to figure it out. The way dallas is implementing it this series is great

Back
Top Bottom