OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Originally Posted by NobleKane

isnt the zone defense looked down upon in the nba?
By who and who cares? It's working in this series and the Mavs are getting the job done with it.

Nobody in the NBA runs it for full games... Every time the Mavs drop back into it late the Heat look like a high school JV team because nobody on their offense moves without the ball. Everyone stands around and .. But yeah, the Mavs get no credit for that. *shrugs*

And CP... Not all Mavs fans care about the regular season... We know by now it doesn't mean a damn thing. JA wild'n out like Nick Cannon.

why you being a hypocrite now? first you pointed out that the thunder were 1-2 against the mavs in regular season. then you said the heat were 0-2. so NOW because its something good about the mavs it means something? make up your mind little man!smiley: laugh

I definitely think regular season match-ups matter because you know who might and won't do well. That's all I take from regular season match-ups. It's not like I was expecting us to sweep Miami or some crap like that.
laugh.gif

And CP... Not all Mavs fans care about the regular season... We know by now it doesn't mean a damn thing. JA wild'n out like Nick Cannon.

laugh.gif
, no, the only thing won in the regular season are superficial accolades like first-team and what not, but I still think it gives a strong impersonation of the team you'll see in the Playoffs, that's all I really ever take away from the regular season. I don't think the #1 seed is going to win the Conference every year, nor do I think season series dictates who wins, but I take into account how well players did in those match-ups.

Originally Posted by woody2626

Speaking of JHo I really want to see him bounce back from this injury and wouldn't mind Charlotte signing him for cheap as a back up to Jack

Does he have any sort of maturity or veteran presence about him?? I would love to see him on the Kings

rck, he's a damn wildcard. He seems to really care about the community and what he can do to help it. The dude skipped out on Team USA back in 06 (in preparation for 08) because he didn't want to abandon his summer camp he holds every year.

Now, I'm not sure. He hasn't really done much in Washington, he's been injured quite often, and nothing has really come from him there, so it's really hard to say.

The wrong side of 20-early30's for Howard.
tired.gif

I don't want the Kings collecting past Mavs players too. Trading for Marquis Daniels' contract last year for money was bad enough.  

Very nice start for the Clippers if they can get Iggy. They would still have a lot of work to do internally. Not sure how quickly that team can play together, Griffin/Gordon can actually take over a game, Jordan can actually play smarter and if Iguodala can fit. Its all about growth and how quickly they can trust each other. They showed some during the 2nd half of the season. Not sure about Mo Williams being the leader of that team either. I'm not a fan of their coaching staff either which is important when dealing with a young team.

I will await for everyone to call them a playoff team next year because they are so excited about the flashy dunks.
laugh.gif

The Clippers will have financial decisions to make. Jordan is a free agent this summer and figures to get a substantial contract. Gordon is up for an extension this summer and Griffin will be up for an extension next summer as well.

I'm curious to see how Sterling will deal with this.

Rockets fans...is Kevin Martin traceable? Or is Morey looking to keep him and make Lee the more expendable one?

Originally Posted by CAto312

Rockets fans...is Kevin Martin traceable? Or is Morey looking to keep him and make Lee the more expendable one?

yeah Kevin Martin is traceable using a white chalk...

(sorry i had to)

Originally Posted by acidicality

yeah Kevin Martin is traceable using a white chalk...

(sorry i had to)

Meant tradeable...I prefer using pencils....more precise in tracing than chalk btwStill getting used to typing on an iPad...all good

Too bad that trade for Asik never worked out.

At this point, it would be best for the Rockets to trade Martin so Lee can continue to develop into the player NT expected him to be after his rookie year.
laugh.gif

Brad Miller is available for sure tho.

Josh has done alot here in Winston, most of it goes unnoticed because of cp3's contributions. If he could provide a shade of the production he had in Dallas i'd take a chance on him. He's less of a risk than some of these guys and he has jordan brand ties so I hope mike looks into it. We need scorers.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Too bad that trade for Asik never worked out.

At this point, it would be best for the Rockets to trade Martin so Lee can continue to develop into the player NT expected him to be after his rookie year.
laugh.gif

Brad Miller is available for sure tho.
I think the Bulls would rather keep Kurt Thomas, plus Miller is getting paid $$. 

I hate to say this, and truly, it's saddening........but anyone realize this thread has less than a week to live? 
embarassed.gif
tired.gif
laugh.gif

Who is starting the offseason thread this year? 

this off season thread is gonna be depressing after the draft. gonna be lockout talk for a long time

Yeah after the draft this off season will be a bit boring until they get a new CBA

Lebatard and Barkley just made a bet and the loser has to wear a speedo on south beach.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

I hate to say this, and truly, it's saddening........but anyone realize this thread has less than a week to live? 
embarassed.gif
tired.gif
laugh.gif

The one good thing about this thread ending is that frontrunner4life should be making an appearance soon.

Originally Posted by CP1708

embarassed.gif
tired.gif
laugh.gif

I say we just keep this thread.

It's already stickied and h3at could just change the title.

The way things are going now, it looks like the NBA offseason thread won't have a lot of activity anyway.

LeBrons pre game speech would make me want to return to the locker room and put street clothes back on. 

Back
Top Bottom