**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

The concern of course isn't his new role with the team, it's the fact that they even let him come back in ANY way with an official title. Walsh has no control over what Dolan does so if he wants Thomas back then he will be. Walsh obviously won't be here forever and it's unsettling to have Zeke involved with the franchise considering what he did when he was in charge.

Of course, his past FO moves don't truly reflect how players, coaches, others around the league view him, so perhaps having him involved won't be all negative and could help. I think his "eye for talent" is a bit overrated and often an excuse for people trying to give him some positive mentions. We'll see.

The concern of course isn't his new role with the team, it's the fact that they even let him come back in ANY way with an official title. Walsh has no control over what Dolan does so if he wants Thomas back then he will be. Walsh obviously won't be here forever and it's unsettling to have Zeke involved with the franchise considering what he did when he was in charge.

Of course, his past FO moves don't truly reflect how players, coaches, others around the league view him, so perhaps having him involved won't be all negative and could help. I think his "eye for talent" is a bit overrated and often an excuse for people trying to give him some positive mentions. We'll see.

Originally Posted by xilegacy

You want a dude that turned this team to the laughing stock of the NBA to be your consultant? I really give up with this organization. No wonder Lebron or any star caliber athlete don't come to the Knicks.
indifferent.gif

What's wrong with him evaluating talent? Donnie controls the contracts and D'Antoni controls the final roster. You do know that Isiah has a very good history with late draft picks? Ariza, Lee, Frye, and Chandler have all turned out to be pretty good players, A LOT better then where they were drafted, but of course everybody wants to think Isiah has full reign on this team for some reason.

Originally Posted by xilegacy

You want a dude that turned this team to the laughing stock of the NBA to be your consultant? I really give up with this organization. No wonder Lebron or any star caliber athlete don't come to the Knicks.
indifferent.gif

What's wrong with him evaluating talent? Donnie controls the contracts and D'Antoni controls the final roster. You do know that Isiah has a very good history with late draft picks? Ariza, Lee, Frye, and Chandler have all turned out to be pretty good players, A LOT better then where they were drafted, but of course everybody wants to think Isiah has full reign on this team for some reason.

No need to overreact to the NY media. They'll always have a hard on for Dolan and the Knicks as long as he's the owner.

I also can't say Isaiah's reign as GM/PofO/coach was the worst time in Knicks history especially just from a bball standpoint. Dude harassed some employee and got sued. Keep it moving.

He's brought back as a consultant and ppl are in a uproar like the Knicks are automatically a #+@%++ team again before we played a game.

No need to overreact to the NY media. They'll always have a hard on for Dolan and the Knicks as long as he's the owner.

I also can't say Isaiah's reign as GM/PofO/coach was the worst time in Knicks history especially just from a bball standpoint. Dude harassed some employee and got sued. Keep it moving.

He's brought back as a consultant and ppl are in a uproar like the Knicks are automatically a #+@%++ team again before we played a game.

[h1]Walsh: No Plans For Isiah To Return To Knicks Full Time
[/h1]Aug 07, 2010 5:19 AM EST

Thomas_Isiah_nyk.jpg
In a Friday telephone interview, Donnie Walsh said there were no plans for Isiah Thomas to resume a full-time position with the Knicks. Walsh said Thomas had initiated the discussions on returning to the team in some formal capacity.

"Isiah can help us in the areas that he’ll consult with us in," Walsh said.

"He’s a good basketball man," continued Walsh. "He will not be full time with us up at the training center. I think he wanted to be involved with us, and I think it came from Isiah to begin with."

A source with knowledge of the Knicks’ strategy who was not authorized to speak said that some in the organization believe that Thomas might be able to relate to the present generation of franchise players in a way that Walsh and Mike D’Antoni cannot.

Thomas is expected to be actively involved in recruiting Carmelo Anthony to join the Knicks if he becomes a free agent next summer.

Insiders with the Knicks also told the New York Times that Thomas is not in the running to re-take control over the team's basketball operations.

"Speculative nonsense, organizational insiders are saying," writes Harvey Araton about the chatter that Thomas could eventually replace Walsh as the team's chief decision-maker.
[h1]Isiah May Have To Leave Florida International[/h1]
Aug 07, 2010 4:53 PM EST

Thomas_Isiah_nyk.jpg
Isiah Thomas will continue to serve as the head coach at Florida International for now.

The Knicks hired Thomas as a consultant on Friday.

NBA spokesman Tim Frank said the league is "reviewing the agreement, in consultation with the Knicks, for compliance with league rules."

[h1]Walsh: No Plans For Isiah To Return To Knicks Full Time
[/h1]Aug 07, 2010 5:19 AM EST

Thomas_Isiah_nyk.jpg
In a Friday telephone interview, Donnie Walsh said there were no plans for Isiah Thomas to resume a full-time position with the Knicks. Walsh said Thomas had initiated the discussions on returning to the team in some formal capacity.

"Isiah can help us in the areas that he’ll consult with us in," Walsh said.

"He’s a good basketball man," continued Walsh. "He will not be full time with us up at the training center. I think he wanted to be involved with us, and I think it came from Isiah to begin with."

A source with knowledge of the Knicks’ strategy who was not authorized to speak said that some in the organization believe that Thomas might be able to relate to the present generation of franchise players in a way that Walsh and Mike D’Antoni cannot.

Thomas is expected to be actively involved in recruiting Carmelo Anthony to join the Knicks if he becomes a free agent next summer.

Insiders with the Knicks also told the New York Times that Thomas is not in the running to re-take control over the team's basketball operations.

"Speculative nonsense, organizational insiders are saying," writes Harvey Araton about the chatter that Thomas could eventually replace Walsh as the team's chief decision-maker.
[h1]Isiah May Have To Leave Florida International[/h1]
Aug 07, 2010 4:53 PM EST

Thomas_Isiah_nyk.jpg
Isiah Thomas will continue to serve as the head coach at Florida International for now.

The Knicks hired Thomas as a consultant on Friday.

NBA spokesman Tim Frank said the league is "reviewing the agreement, in consultation with the Knicks, for compliance with league rules."

Why? It's notoriously known the media in NYC rather have a negative thing to say about a NY sports team on it's back page instead of a positive. They thrive off any hot topic of a NY team, especially if it leads to failure. I see it with the Mets, Yanks, Jets, Giants, Rangers, and obviously the Knicks. The Post and Daily News live for it. The sports writers in NY love that they get paid for it.

Of course when the team gets better is back on track to being a playoff team there's not one article in the paper for weeks. Wait til the season starts and we lose 2 in a row and then see what happens when we win 3 in a row and the Jets lose a game.

They love writing about the losers more than they like writing about winners.

Why? It's notoriously known the media in NYC rather have a negative thing to say about a NY sports team on it's back page instead of a positive. They thrive off any hot topic of a NY team, especially if it leads to failure. I see it with the Mets, Yanks, Jets, Giants, Rangers, and obviously the Knicks. The Post and Daily News live for it. The sports writers in NY love that they get paid for it.

Of course when the team gets better is back on track to being a playoff team there's not one article in the paper for weeks. Wait til the season starts and we lose 2 in a row and then see what happens when we win 3 in a row and the Jets lose a game.

They love writing about the losers more than they like writing about winners.

Bringing Isiah back doesn't make any sense. His eye for talent is so overrated it's not even funny. Who did he draft besides David Lee?

Renaldo Balkman?

Bringing Isiah back doesn't make any sense. His eye for talent is so overrated it's not even funny. Who did he draft besides David Lee?

Renaldo Balkman?

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Why? It's notoriously known the media in NYC rather have a negative thing to say about a NY sports team on it's back page instead of a positive. They thrive off any hot topic of a NY team, especially if it leads to failure. 
i'm well aware. But In this specific case they have every reason to bash the knicks.

This isn't a media created story

Why? It's notoriously known the media in NYC rather have a negative thing to say about a NY sports team on it's back page instead of a positive. They thrive off any hot topic of a NY team, especially if it leads to failure. 
i'm well aware. But In this specific case they have every reason to bash the knicks.

Originally Posted by DubA169

I'm not saying it is media created. I'm saying the media will overreact to any move a NY sports team will make and spin it in the most negative light at any chance. Front page coverage as if this is really news. Lets be serious. An overreaction as if it wasn't rumored Isaiah was working for the Knicks in some capacity a couple weeks ago. Like Donnie didn't thank Zeke in his speech during Amar'e's debut.

I wouldn't have been surprised if he already had the job since the season ended and they were just making it official now.

Originally Posted by DubA169

I'm not saying it is media created. I'm saying the media will overreact to any move a NY sports team will make and spin it in the most negative light at any chance. Front page coverage as if this is really news. Lets be serious. An overreaction as if it wasn't rumored Isaiah was working for the Knicks in some capacity a couple weeks ago. Like Donnie didn't thank Zeke in his speech during Amar'e's debut.

I wouldn't have been surprised if he already had the job since the season ended and they were just making it official now.

Back
Top Bottom