**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

Originally Posted by MaxElite

Bringing Isiah back doesn't make any sense. His eye for talent is so overrated it's not even funny. Who did he draft besides David Lee?

Renaldo Balkman?
trevor ariza
channing frye
david lee
nate robinson (i think)
renaldo balkman
mardy collins!
wilson chandler

Originally Posted by MaxElite

Bringing Isiah back doesn't make any sense. His eye for talent is so overrated it's not even funny. Who did he draft besides David Lee?

Renaldo Balkman?
trevor ariza
channing frye
david lee
nate robinson (i think)
renaldo balkman
mardy collins!
wilson chandler

Me and Gallo got the same dob 8-8-88
pimp.gif

I think his "eye for talent" is overrated. Its a team of people who scout players, although i do have to admit he does have a solid reputation with drafting and scouting.

The Spurs, is what i call good drafting.

I think his "eye for talent" is overrated. Its a team of people who scout players, although i do have to admit he does have a solid reputation with drafting and scouting.

The Spurs, is what i call good drafting.

When you think of who he drafted.. remember what pick # he had. He's decent at least

Ariza - second round choice (43rd overall)in 2004.

Frye - 8th pick in 2005 NBA Draft. ( Draft year was crazy wack)

Lee - Round 1, 30th Pick

Chandler - 1st round, 23rd pick

When you think of who he drafted.. remember what pick # he had. He's decent at least

Lee - Round 1, 30th Pick

[h1]Walsh Upset Over Secret Isiah-Dolan Deal[/h1]
Aug 08, 2010 10:19 AM EST

Knicks president Donnie Walsh is livid that Isiah Thomas has returned to the organization and feels that his standing with the team may be compromised by owner James Dolan's decision to re-hire Thomas, the New York Post has learned.

Walsh told Thomas in a face-to-face meeting two weeks ago he did not want him working for the organization, according to a team source. Dolan and Thomas had agreed that Thomas could fill the team's general manager vacancy if Walsh was OK with it.

When Walsh told Thomas he objected, Thomas went back to Dolan.

Without Walsh's knowledge, Dolan and Thomas agreed that Thomas could become a part-time consultant while remaining the coach at Florida International.

"Donnie doesn't want him there, nobody wants him there but Dolan," a team source said. "Isiah seems to have Jim wrapped around his finger."

[h1]Walsh Upset Over Secret Isiah-Dolan Deal[/h1]
Aug 08, 2010 10:19 AM EST

Knicks president Donnie Walsh is livid that Isiah Thomas has returned to the organization and feels that his standing with the team may be compromised by owner James Dolan's decision to re-hire Thomas, the New York Post has learned.

Walsh told Thomas in a face-to-face meeting two weeks ago he did not want him working for the organization, according to a team source. Dolan and Thomas had agreed that Thomas could fill the team's general manager vacancy if Walsh was OK with it.

When Walsh told Thomas he objected, Thomas went back to Dolan.

Without Walsh's knowledge, Dolan and Thomas agreed that Thomas could become a part-time consultant while remaining the coach at Florida International.

"Donnie doesn't want him there, nobody wants him there but Dolan," a team source said. "Isiah seems to have Jim wrapped around his finger."

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Lee - Round 1, 30th Pick

It doesn't matter who he drafts, if the team stays bad and we trade them all away. Wilson's left, and we're trying to trade him, too.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Lee - Round 1, 30th Pick

It doesn't matter who he drafts, if the team stays bad and we trade them all away. Wilson's left, and we're trying to trade him, too.

Donnie Walsh nearly resigned from New York Knicks upon learning of hiring of Isiah Thomas

Isiah Thomas nearly climbed the corporate ladder from consultant to Knicks president on Day 1 of his new job with the club.

The Daily News has learned that Donnie Walsh considered resigning after Madison Square Gardenchairman James Dolan made the controversial move to hire Thomas, butWalsh decided to continue running the team despite his objections toThomas having a role in the front office.

"Donnie finds thisentire thing distasteful," said one NBA source. "He's had secondthoughts about staying but he wants to finish the job."

Walsh,who did not return phone calls yesterday, is under contract through2012. Last month, he denied a published report that he wascontemplating retirement for health reasons.

Dolan's insistenceon giving Thomas the ambiguous title of consultant angered Walsh, whofor two years has been trying to hire former St. John's All-AmericanChris Mullin as general manager. Dolan has refused to sign off onhiring Mullin and clearly has designs on giving that position toThomas, who also holds the title of head coach at Florida InternationalUniversity in Miami.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... z0w0B3vMNL

Back
Top Bottom