**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

Since when does D'antoni do 11 man (or more) rotations? Don't be surprised if some of the regulars lose out on starting jobs and he just showcases the new guys.

Since when does D'antoni do 11 man (or more) rotations? Don't be surprised if some of the regulars lose out on starting jobs and he just showcases the new guys.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Felton/Toney Doug
Gallo/Buike/Rautins
Melo/Walker/Fields
Amare/Randolph
Mozgov/Turiaf/Jordan

George Karl didn't sound too confident when Melo's name was brought up...

What the hell... Did you just list everyone?! You know the active roster is 12 right? Fields gonna be rebounding in church shoes. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Felton/Toney Doug
Gallo/Buike/Rautins
Melo/Walker/Fields
Amare/Randolph
Mozgov/Turiaf/Jordan

George Karl didn't sound too confident when Melo's name was brought up...

What the hell... Did you just list everyone?! You know the active roster is 12 right? Fields gonna be rebounding in church shoes. 
laugh.gif

well i just saw on espn ticker, Amare is pushing the knicks to get carmelo by this December claiming he would like that as a christmas gift.

another note, gallo is up in 2 yrs..what you think is going to happen? resign or go to another team?

well i just saw on espn ticker, Amare is pushing the knicks to get carmelo by this December claiming he would like that as a christmas gift.

another note, gallo is up in 2 yrs..what you think is going to happen? resign or go to another team?

Let me clear my throat.. Gallo is not going anywhere.

I think we should try an get a trade for Tyson Chandler or Dalembert.

Both of them would be perfect defensive 7'ftr. Both are expiring..

Sac might wanna keep Dalembert maybe CHA may let Chandler go cuz if the injury?

I'm pretty sure Gallo has a team option since every rookie does. He'll most likely resign anyway.

and, active roster is 15 i believe...

Mike D is a fool if he believes Turiaf is a 5. The only real 5 i see right now is James and Timofey, and none of them seem to be able to contribute big minutes, YET.

Let me clear my throat.. Gallo is not going anywhere.

I'm pretty sure Gallo has a team option since every rookie does. He'll most likely resign anyway.

Mike D is a fool if he believes Turiaf is a 5. The only real 5 i see right now is James and Timofey, and none of them seem to be able to contribute big minutes, YET.

I really would like to know what people plan on doing with Gallinari if we get Melo.

No one has answered that for me yet.

I really would like to know what people plan on doing with Gallinari if we get Melo.

I'd just throw Timofey in there and hope he doesn't rack up many fouls. I would give him heavy minutes just to see how he reacts and so he can adjust.

We don't need no Tyson Chandler. Too much Curry rubbed off on him.

I'd just throw Timofey in there and hope he doesn't rack up many fouls. I would give him heavy minutes just to see how he reacts and so he can adjust.

We don't need no Tyson Chandler. Too much Curry rubbed off on him.

Its rumored that Tyson is being traded along with Diaw to Toronto for Jose and the trade exception, from the offseason thread, although its RealGM (your choice in believing that).

And because thats a stupid question Wizard. Gallo can play either the 2 or 4. Hes quick, and tall enough to play either. Of course, the 2 would be more suitable.

Besides felton, think about how tall a lineup of Gallo-Melo-Amare-Timofey/AR would be.

Its rumored that Tyson is being traded along with Diaw to Toronto for Jose and the trade exception, from the offseason thread, although its RealGM (your choice in believing that).

And because thats a stupid question Wizard. Gallo can play either the 2 or 4. Hes quick, and tall enough to play either. Of course, the 2 would be more suitable.

Besides felton, think about how tall a lineup of Gallo-Melo-Amare-Timofey/AR would be.

Originally Posted by The Wizard

DING DING DING

i hope gallo is really loyal to the team, bc i can see his mins reduce if melo joins, i just hope he doesnt get to the point where he wants to go somewhere else.

DING DING DING

i hope gallo is really loyal to the team, bc i can see his mins reduce if melo joins, i just hope he doesnt get to the point where he wants to go somewhere else.

Gallo off the bench to back up Melo, naturally. Neither can play the 4 for extensive minutes. Gallo @ the 2 is something we can explore but he may get beat out by the quicker guards in the L.

Gallo off the bench to back up Melo, naturally. Neither can play the 4 for extensive minutes. Gallo @ the 2 is something we can explore but he may get beat out by the quicker guards in the L.

It's a tough one, for all we know he could be gone in a trade for Melo, or another big FA.  Play Anthony at the 2? and keep Gallo at 3? Make Gallinari a 6th man/sharpshooter... play him at the 4 and slide Amare to 5 for short bursts, who knows..

It's important to see how he even plays this season, for all we know he could go ice cold, lose confidence, get injured, etc.  I hope and don't think that will happen, but it's possible.  We should cross that bridge when we get there, for all we know, Melo could sign an extension tomorrow.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Ehh... I think that's what the Russian is for.  Athletic, blocks shots, 7 foot, and cheaper than either of those two, plus we wouldn't have to trade anyone.  What's the upside to that anyway?  We trade for them, they play great... but now we have to resign them and cut into our space available for maybe a max FA next season.

Originally Posted by BangDak

He said himself he sees Turiaf as a 5... but I doubt he can give us more than 15-20 minutes a game.  I wouldn't be surprised if Turiaf starts, but they bring in Randolph or the Russian to give us minutes at the 5, or one of them eventually starts. 

It's a tough one, for all we know he could be gone in a trade for Melo, or another big FA.  Play Anthony at the 2? and keep Gallo at 3? Make Gallinari a 6th man/sharpshooter... play him at the 4 and slide Amare to 5 for short bursts, who knows..

It's important to see how he even plays this season, for all we know he could go ice cold, lose confidence, get injured, etc.  I hope and don't think that will happen, but it's possible.  We should cross that bridge when we get there, for all we know, Melo could sign an extension tomorrow.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Ehh... I think that's what the Russian is for.  Athletic, blocks shots, 7 foot, and cheaper than either of those two, plus we wouldn't have to trade anyone.  What's the upside to that anyway?  We trade for them, they play great... but now we have to resign them and cut into our space available for maybe a max FA next season.

Originally Posted by BangDak

He said himself he sees Turiaf as a 5... but I doubt he can give us more than 15-20 minutes a game.  I wouldn't be surprised if Turiaf starts, but they bring in Randolph or the Russian to give us minutes at the 5, or one of them eventually starts. 

If Melo comes thru a trade, most likely Gallo will be sent off as the trade piece.

If Melo comes thru free agency, Gallo sees a reduction in minutes and than leaves.

Gallo at the 2 wouldn't be too smart. I don't think he's creative enough off the dribble to get a shot off at that position.

Back
Top Bottom