**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

If Melo comes thru a trade, most likely Gallo will be sent off as the trade piece.

If Melo comes thru free agency, Gallo sees a reduction in minutes and than leaves.

Gallo at the 2 wouldn't be too smart. I don't think he's creative enough off the dribble to get a shot off at that position.

Originally Posted by BangDak

And because thats a stupid question Wizard. Gallo can play either the 2 or 4. Hes quick, and tall enough to play either. Of course, the 2 would be more suitable.

Im sayin, they had Gallo guarding point guards during the season.
laugh.gif

He can easily play the 2 or the 4. At the 4 he would stretch the floor on offense ... defense might end up being the problem if hes guarding a 4 tho.  He commits ******ed fouls.

His ball handling is also great.

Dude will be the last person to be traded.

Originally Posted by BangDak

And because thats a stupid question Wizard. Gallo can play either the 2 or 4. Hes quick, and tall enough to play either. Of course, the 2 would be more suitable.

Im sayin, they had Gallo guarding point guards during the season.
laugh.gif

He can easily play the 2 or the 4. At the 4 he would stretch the floor on offense ... defense might end up being the problem if hes guarding a 4 tho.  He commits ******ed fouls.

His ball handling is also great.

Dude will be the last person to be traded.

gallo ain't going anywhere, with or without mello.

"i'm going to tattoo knicks on my heart" you wanna send that guy away? who's the last person to bleed orange and blue?

gallo ain't going anywhere, with or without mello.

"i'm going to tattoo knicks on my heart" you wanna send that guy away? who's the last person to bleed orange and blue?

Gallo can not start at 2 . i'm not saying he can't play the position at all...but lets be real here. he will not do well there for an extended period of time.

Gallo can not start at 2 . i'm not saying he can't play the position at all...but lets be real here. he will not do well there for an extended period of time.

The Italian would probably be best used in a role similar to the way Kukoc was used with the Bulls, and he'd be a damn good fit as the first guy off the bench, and playing around thirty minutes a game.

The Italian would probably be best used in a role similar to the way Kukoc was used with the Bulls, and he'd be a damn good fit as the first guy off the bench, and playing around thirty minutes a game.

Gallo can't really defend the paint unless he's chasing a guard down for a block, so what else can they do with him? He be tall enough to shoot over guards and defend the two. He would obviously have to work on his speed, but with his length I think he could defend the drive and give most guards enough room to force them to shoot but be long enough to throw his hands in their face. There would have to be a lot of help defense and no real positions anyway if Melo came. I think he would be a sort of theoretical 2 but everyone would be switching all the time. Everyone would have to play a different position depending on the time in the game and the line up. I think it could work. I'm so excited to see Gallo this season.

Gallo can't really defend the paint unless he's chasing a guard down for a block, so what else can they do with him? He be tall enough to shoot over guards and defend the two. He would obviously have to work on his speed, but with his length I think he could defend the drive and give most guards enough room to force them to shoot but be long enough to throw his hands in their face. There would have to be a lot of help defense and no real positions anyway if Melo came. I think he would be a sort of theoretical 2 but everyone would be switching all the time. Everyone would have to play a different position depending on the time in the game and the line up. I think it could work. I'm so excited to see Gallo this season.

why cant gallo play the 4? say we do get chris paul you can put melo at 3 gallo at 4 and stat at 5... still need a 2 guard and chandler is replaceable

why cant gallo play the 4? say we do get chris paul you can put melo at 3 gallo at 4 and stat at 5... still need a 2 guard and chandler is replaceable

Gallo will stay, he's the only guy on the team that's a legitimate matchup problem.

He doesn't have to have his position set in stone (sort of like how Chandler could be a 2 or 3). Gallo could start the game as a 3 or 4. And in crunch time situations or any situation the backcourt needs a rest, you could probably move him to the 2 for a few minutes just to create a matchup problem for the other team while still having a legitimate offensive threat.

I think he's a valuable piece for that reason alone. Also, don't discount him and act as if he can't improve his ball handling. David Lee went from a decent post player to a good finesse post player with a nice jumper around the key. Gallo already has a shot down, now if he improves his ball handling and starts penetrating more, he can be viable second go-to guy (behind Amar'e & platooning with Chandler).

IF (that's an enormous 'if') we get Carmelo, he's going to play the 3. If Randolph doesn't pan out, he'll come off the bench and Gallo will most certainly be the 4. Otherwise, Gallo will be the 6th man who will play either the 2, 3 or 4 depending on the situation.

What 4 could Gallo gaurd? You really see him being able to defend against a Kenyon Martin? A Pau? I think he stands a much better shot against Ray Allen than KG.

Gallo will stay, he's the only guy on the team that's a legitimate matchup problem.

He doesn't have to have his position set in stone (sort of like how Chandler could be a 2 or 3). Gallo could start the game as a 3 or 4. And in crunch time situations or any situation the backcourt needs a rest, you could probably move him to the 2 for a few minutes just to create a matchup problem for the other team while still having a legitimate offensive threat.

I think he's a valuable piece for that reason alone. Also, don't discount him and act as if he can't improve his ball handling. David Lee went from a decent post player to a good finesse post player with a nice jumper around the key. Gallo already has a shot down, now if he improves his ball handling and starts penetrating more, he can be viable second go-to guy (behind Amar'e & platooning with Chandler).

IF (that's an enormous 'if') we get Carmelo, he's going to play the 3. If Randolph doesn't pan out, he'll come off the bench and Gallo will most certainly be the 4. Otherwise, Gallo will be the 6th man who will play either the 2, 3 or 4 depending on the situation.

What 4 could Gallo gaurd? You really see him being able to defend against a Kenyon Martin? A Pau? I think he stands a much better shot against Ray Allen than KG.

It depends on what he wants, whatever he's willing to dedicate himself to. He has the drive to be great, and I would trust whatever decision he made.

It depends on what he wants, whatever he's willing to dedicate himself to. He has the drive to be great, and I would trust whatever decision he made.

Back
Top Bottom