**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

I'm trying to upload the picture, I walked in to work this morning to a Miami Heat T-Shirt and every NYC newspaper back page taped to my office door
frown.gif
laugh.gif

Fire one of these old $+%%* as payback.

1050 said that the rumors aren't true about Donnie.
Last night was disappointing but I didn't think we had a shot at him anyway.  I love the S&T with Golden State.  Getting Randolph is nice - tons of potential and cheap.  Turiaf gives us muscle/rebounding to pair with Amare.  And another shooter in Azubuike while still keeping cap space.  It's a great start to Plan B.

1050 said that the rumors aren't true about Donnie.
Last night was disappointing but I didn't think we had a shot at him anyway.  I love the S&T with Golden State.  Getting Randolph is nice - tons of potential and cheap.  Turiaf gives us muscle/rebounding to pair with Amare.  And another shooter in Azubuike while still keeping cap space.  It's a great start to Plan B.

I think Donnie honors his contract and finishes out this year and then retires. By then either Houston will be ready, or God help us all if the rumors of Isiah comes back.

I think Donnie honors his contract and finishes out this year and then retires. By then either Houston will be ready, or God help us all if the rumors of Isiah comes back.

What happen to the random ppl that were sayin  "I been a Knick Fan since..............." ?

5pejjr.jpg

What happen to the random ppl that were sayin  "I been a Knick Fan since..............." ?

5pejjr.jpg

Originally Posted by Proshares

I'm trying to upload the picture, I walked in to work this morning to a Miami Heat T-Shirt and every NYC newspaper back page taped to my office door
frown.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Ruthless.

69q0s3.jpg

Originally Posted by Proshares

frown.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Ruthless.

69q0s3.jpg

[h2][/h2]
[h2]LeBron's decision disastrous for Knicks[/h2][h3]New York's prospects look bleak after missing on James sweepstakes[/h3]

By Chris Sheridan
ESPN.com
Archive

NEW YORK -- One word: Disaster.

Check that. Let's make it two words: Utter disaster.

LeBron James isn't coming. David Lee is gone. The best player on the team, for the long term, is Danilo Gallinari. And if Eddy Curry walks (waddles?) through that door, it ain't helping much.

The New York Knicks have now sewn up another half-decade of irrelevance, but there is a silver lining. Tourists will still be able to pick up a pair of ducats in the lower bowl for $20 a pop or less if they hold out long enough with the scalpers, or if they lowball sellers on Craigslist.

Did LeBron even mention the Knicks on that telecast? I don't recall him doing so. It was so bad, the Knicks got the Clippers treatment.

So here's what Knicks fans can look forward to in the next few years:

• Regular updates on the amount of knee pain Amare Stoudemire is tolerating as he eats up their cap space for a longer period of time than Stephon Marbury did.

• Andy Rautins as the new Greg Butler.

• Nate Robinson's second homecoming game.

• Public abuse and ridicule from Marbury.

• Over/under wagers on which comes first: Mike D'Antoni's firing, or Donnie Walsh's retirement.

If you think LeBron looked shaken up when he watched that video of his jersey being burned in Cleveland, wait until you see Spike Lee around Thanksgiving.

This is going to be bad, Knicks fans. Worse than the Travis Knight era.

In case you missed it, while LeBron was making his announcement, ESPN.com's Chad Ford reported that New York has reached an agreement to trade Lee to the Golden State Warriors for a package of Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf and Kelenna Azubuike.

I don't know: Is that worse than Patrick Ewing for Glen Rice and Luc Longley?

It's right in that neighborhood.

Maybe Charles Barkley was right: The Knicks should be forever cursed for trading Ewing exactly one decade ago.

[h4]LeBron In Photos[/h4]
LeBron James spurned the Big Apple for Miami. If you're a glutton for punishment, here are his greatest moments on the court. Photo gallery

They certainly seem cursed now.

The Knicks can still get some new talent into the Garden through sign-and-trade deals involving Al Harrington, Eddie House and/or Tracy McGrady, but those players' values have diminished precipitously.

As things stand now, here is your 2010-11 opening night lineup, Knicks fans (get the tissues out):

PG: Toney Douglas, TBD.
SG: Wilson Chandler, Azubuike, Rautins.
SF: Gallinari, Bill Walker, Landry Fields.
PF: Stoudemire, Randolph.
C: Turiaf, Curry, Jerome Jordan.

Right now, they have a better chance of chasing the 2009-10 Nets than they do of becoming even the slightest bit relevant in this city. Oh, and let's not forget: They have no first-round draft pick in 2012, and the Rockets have the right to swap picks with them next year. So it doesn't look as though it's getting any better anytime soon.

The one saving grace: Knicks fans don't have it as bad as Cavs fans.

New Yorkers (older ones) will at least have the memories of Clyde, Willis, Dollar Bill. Cavs fans now have a signature memory all their own: the night LeBron abandoned them.

As I said, those folks in Cleveland have it worse.

But they also might have a team -- even without James -- that's better than the Knicks.

this %#*+# is BUGGIN

[h2][/h2]
[h2]LeBron's decision disastrous for Knicks[/h2][h3]New York's prospects look bleak after missing on James sweepstakes[/h3]

By Chris Sheridan
ESPN.com
Archive

NEW YORK -- One word: Disaster.

Check that. Let's make it two words: Utter disaster.

LeBron James isn't coming. David Lee is gone. The best player on the team, for the long term, is Danilo Gallinari. And if Eddy Curry walks (waddles?) through that door, it ain't helping much.

The New York Knicks have now sewn up another half-decade of irrelevance, but there is a silver lining. Tourists will still be able to pick up a pair of ducats in the lower bowl for $20 a pop or less if they hold out long enough with the scalpers, or if they lowball sellers on Craigslist.

Did LeBron even mention the Knicks on that telecast? I don't recall him doing so. It was so bad, the Knicks got the Clippers treatment.

So here's what Knicks fans can look forward to in the next few years:

• Regular updates on the amount of knee pain Amare Stoudemire is tolerating as he eats up their cap space for a longer period of time than Stephon Marbury did.

• Andy Rautins as the new Greg Butler.

• Nate Robinson's second homecoming game.

• Public abuse and ridicule from Marbury.

• Over/under wagers on which comes first: Mike D'Antoni's firing, or Donnie Walsh's retirement.

If you think LeBron looked shaken up when he watched that video of his jersey being burned in Cleveland, wait until you see Spike Lee around Thanksgiving.

This is going to be bad, Knicks fans. Worse than the Travis Knight era.

In case you missed it, while LeBron was making his announcement, ESPN.com's Chad Ford reported that New York has reached an agreement to trade Lee to the Golden State Warriors for a package of Anthony Randolph, Ronny Turiaf and Kelenna Azubuike.

I don't know: Is that worse than Patrick Ewing for Glen Rice and Luc Longley?

It's right in that neighborhood.

Maybe Charles Barkley was right: The Knicks should be forever cursed for trading Ewing exactly one decade ago.

[h4]LeBron In Photos[/h4]
LeBron James spurned the Big Apple for Miami. If you're a glutton for punishment, here are his greatest moments on the court. Photo gallery

They certainly seem cursed now.

The Knicks can still get some new talent into the Garden through sign-and-trade deals involving Al Harrington, Eddie House and/or Tracy McGrady, but those players' values have diminished precipitously.

As things stand now, here is your 2010-11 opening night lineup, Knicks fans (get the tissues out):

PG: Toney Douglas, TBD.
SG: Wilson Chandler, Azubuike, Rautins.
SF: Gallinari, Bill Walker, Landry Fields.
PF: Stoudemire, Randolph.
C: Turiaf, Curry, Jerome Jordan.

Right now, they have a better chance of chasing the 2009-10 Nets than they do of becoming even the slightest bit relevant in this city. Oh, and let's not forget: They have no first-round draft pick in 2012, and the Rockets have the right to swap picks with them next year. So it doesn't look as though it's getting any better anytime soon.

The one saving grace: Knicks fans don't have it as bad as Cavs fans.

New Yorkers (older ones) will at least have the memories of Clyde, Willis, Dollar Bill. Cavs fans now have a signature memory all their own: the night LeBron abandoned them.

As I said, those folks in Cleveland have it worse.

But they also might have a team -- even without James -- that's better than the Knicks.

this %#*+# is BUGGIN

im gona drop my 2 cents:

last night was insane, its crazy how i have now new enemies cuz they kept talkin #$#@ on facebook making fun of it. w/e

i been a knicks fan, and will always be one. ill bleed orange white and blue my whole life. i cant lie, this was sucha letdown but thats life. i actually burned about 3 grand worth in lebron sneakers i owned, it felt good. made me feel better.

im sad about David Lee, i wish him nothing but the best. he really did as much as he could for us.

been a fan, will always be a fan. i love my knicks
frown.gif

Melo & CP3. please save us :'-(

im gona drop my 2 cents:

last night was insane, its crazy how i have now new enemies cuz they kept talkin #$#@ on facebook making fun of it. w/e

i been a knicks fan, and will always be one. ill bleed orange white and blue my whole life. i cant lie, this was sucha letdown but thats life. i actually burned about 3 grand worth in lebron sneakers i owned, it felt good. made me feel better.

im sad about David Lee, i wish him nothing but the best. he really did as much as he could for us.

frown.gif

Originally Posted by W1LL 1 Am

im gona drop my 2 cents:

frown.gif

damn son
roll.gif
roll.gif

you shoulda posted em on miami craigslist or ebay or some $++$ and scammed some bandwagoners
roll.gif

Originally Posted by W1LL 1 Am

im gona drop my 2 cents:

frown.gif

damn son
roll.gif
roll.gif

you shoulda posted em on miami craigslist or ebay or some $++$ and scammed some bandwagoners
roll.gif

Still a knicks fan, been one since 1990 when i started watching basketball. Why do yall need a list of knick fans?

[h2][/h2]
[h2]LeBron to Miami?![/h2][h3]Ouch. Really Ouch.[/h3]
Add a Comment

1 Comment | Add Yours

15 Comments | Add Yours
ShareThis
[table][tr][td]
lebron100712_250.jpg

[/td][/tr][tr][td]
(Photo: Elsa/Getty Images)
[/td][/tr][/table]
Minutes after news had broken that LeBron James would announce he was signing with the Miami Heat at his Super Huge ESPN Press Conference Laser Show, Knicks fans started sounding like Cleveland Cavaliers fans. That is to say, existentially depressed. The prospect of signing LeBron has been the centerpiece of every Knicks-roster construction plan of the last two years: Everybody (including this magazine) has been talking about LeBron James playing for the Knicks for so long that it feels like we’re the ones being betrayed. His decision leaves Knicks fans feeling like they miss a limb that was never there in the first place—and perhaps finally facing up to our city’s new place in the sports universe.

The Heat’s triumph is particularly frustrating because they actually accomplished what the Knicks have been trying for two years to do: coldly cut loose everyone on their team and give piles of gold to a mercenary gang of free-agent superstars. Worse, the team was foiled by an old friend, Pat Riley, the Miami president—Gordon Gekko, gliding in and sealing the deal, telling tales about a fantastical land of gated communities unsullied by a state income tax. Florida turned out to be the selling point we thought New York would be. As much as we cherish the Walt Frazier–Willis Reed Knicks glory years, as much as we toss around the Basketball Capital of the World moniker, New York, to those of LeBron’s generation (the man, after all, is still only 25), is just a chaotic city; by contrast, Florida is a place practically engineered to make millionaire athletes happy, safe, and private. (Tiger Woods had to take painkillers and drive his car into a tree before word of his epic and long-standing infidelities escaped.)

It also apparently didn’t matter much to LeBron, Inc., that his personal brand will be missing out on the exposure and connections he’d have access to here. It remains to be seen whether he’s right, but the guy who said his goal in life is to become a “global icon

Still a knicks fan, been one since 1990 when i started watching basketball. Why do yall need a list of knick fans?

[h2][/h2]
[h2]LeBron to Miami?![/h2][h3]Ouch. Really Ouch.[/h3]
Add a Comment

1 Comment | Add Yours

15 Comments | Add Yours
ShareThis
[table][tr][td]
lebron100712_250.jpg

[/td][/tr][tr][td]
(Photo: Elsa/Getty Images)
[/td][/tr][/table]
Minutes after news had broken that LeBron James would announce he was signing with the Miami Heat at his Super Huge ESPN Press Conference Laser Show, Knicks fans started sounding like Cleveland Cavaliers fans. That is to say, existentially depressed. The prospect of signing LeBron has been the centerpiece of every Knicks-roster construction plan of the last two years: Everybody (including this magazine) has been talking about LeBron James playing for the Knicks for so long that it feels like we’re the ones being betrayed. His decision leaves Knicks fans feeling like they miss a limb that was never there in the first place—and perhaps finally facing up to our city’s new place in the sports universe.

The Heat’s triumph is particularly frustrating because they actually accomplished what the Knicks have been trying for two years to do: coldly cut loose everyone on their team and give piles of gold to a mercenary gang of free-agent superstars. Worse, the team was foiled by an old friend, Pat Riley, the Miami president—Gordon Gekko, gliding in and sealing the deal, telling tales about a fantastical land of gated communities unsullied by a state income tax. Florida turned out to be the selling point we thought New York would be. As much as we cherish the Walt Frazier–Willis Reed Knicks glory years, as much as we toss around the Basketball Capital of the World moniker, New York, to those of LeBron’s generation (the man, after all, is still only 25), is just a chaotic city; by contrast, Florida is a place practically engineered to make millionaire athletes happy, safe, and private. (Tiger Woods had to take painkillers and drive his car into a tree before word of his epic and long-standing infidelities escaped.)

It also apparently didn’t matter much to LeBron, Inc., that his personal brand will be missing out on the exposure and connections he’d have access to here. It remains to be seen whether he’s right, but the guy who said his goal in life is to become a “global icon

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Now that the dust has settled a bit, would you rather have Amare for $100 or Lee for $80?
still Amare.

If Amare has things run through him like Lee had the luxury of last year, he puts up 26/27 a game.

Neither are worth that price, though.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Now that the dust has settled a bit, would you rather have Amare for $100 or Lee for $80?
still Amare.

If Amare has things run through him like Lee had the luxury of last year, he puts up 26/27 a game.

Neither are worth that price, though.

[h1]Knicks' Walsh Denies Report or Retirement Plans[/h1]

New York Knicks' Amare Stoudemire, standing, poses with head coach Mike D'Antoni, left, team owner...
icon-arrow-down.gif

New York Knicks' Amare Stoudemire, standing, poses with head coach Mike D'Antoni, left, team owner James Dolan, center, and president of basketball operations Donnie Walsh, right, during a news conference Thursday, July 8, 2010, in New York. (AP Photo/Frank Franklin II)
icon-arrow-up.gif

New York Knicks president Donnie Walsh says he is not retiring, denying a report he may step down because of health problems and the disappointment of losing out on LeBron James.

Walsh also denies speculation in the New York Post that his recent neck surgery had anything to do with his operation two years ago to remove part of his tongue because of cancer. He says the recent procedure was to remove a spur on his vertebra.

That has temporarily forced him into a wheelchair, but the 69-year-old executive says he hasn't missed any work. Walsh told The Associated Press on Friday he plans to "stay here as long as I can" and already has moved on to other plans after James decided to join the Miami Heat.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=11126935

[h1]Knicks' Walsh Denies Report or Retirement Plans[/h1]

New York Knicks' Amare Stoudemire, standing, poses with head coach Mike D'Antoni, left, team owner...
icon-arrow-down.gif

New York Knicks' Amare Stoudemire, standing, poses with head coach Mike D'Antoni, left, team owner James Dolan, center, and president of basketball operations Donnie Walsh, right, during a news conference Thursday, July 8, 2010, in New York. (AP Photo/Frank Franklin II)
icon-arrow-up.gif

New York Knicks president Donnie Walsh says he is not retiring, denying a report he may step down because of health problems and the disappointment of losing out on LeBron James.

Walsh also denies speculation in the New York Post that his recent neck surgery had anything to do with his operation two years ago to remove part of his tongue because of cancer. He says the recent procedure was to remove a spur on his vertebra.

That has temporarily forced him into a wheelchair, but the 69-year-old executive says he hasn't missed any work. Walsh told The Associated Press on Friday he plans to "stay here as long as I can" and already has moved on to other plans after James decided to join the Miami Heat.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=11126935

10 million still left on the cap for this year...progress is all i ask 4, if we get into the playoffs next year its gonna feel like getting to the finals
laugh.gif
....feels like 20 years since we been

10 million still left on the cap for this year...progress is all i ask 4, if we get into the playoffs next year its gonna feel like getting to the finals
laugh.gif
....feels like 20 years since we been

Back
Top Bottom