**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

Originally Posted by DubA169

we can't trade our new assets until December so i don't see how we could work out a trade any time soon unless gallo is involved.

can CP pull an eli manning as refuse to go anywhere but NYC? would that work?
You can't trade Amare, Felton and Mozgov until December. The former Warriors can be packaged due to the Knicks being under the cap.

I'm sure CP3 will have some say in the matter but in the end he has to report to wherever he gets traded to.

laugh.gif
Chris Broussard

were doomed
indifferent.gif

i dont want emeka at all even if it means missing out on cp3... emeka is a bad contract just like curry except emeka actually plays but he really overpaid

i dont want emeka at all even if it means missing out on cp3... emeka is a bad contract just like curry except emeka actually plays but he really overpaid

what is this? I take less than a day's break from NT and this is what Im hearing?

Anyhow, I do NOT want Emeka Okafor... PLEASE no. Look how long his contract is...
That could be the final blow to even getting Melo.

Personally, It might be just me, but I'd rather have Melo than CP3... We have a pretty decent PG in Ray Felton...
If to get CP3 AND have to take Okafor, I'd pass.

Listening to Alan Hahn right now though

what is this? I take less than a day's break from NT and this is what Im hearing?

Anyhow, I do NOT want Emeka Okafor... PLEASE no. Look how long his contract is...
That could be the final blow to even getting Melo.

Personally, It might be just me, but I'd rather have Melo than CP3... We have a pretty decent PG in Ray Felton...
If to get CP3 AND have to take Okafor, I'd pass.

Listening to Alan Hahn right now though

[h1]http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wi...2/paul_to_meet_with_hornets_knicks_atop_list/[/h1]
[h1]Paul To Meet With Hornets, Knicks Atop List[/h1]

Jul 22, 2010 3:26 PM EST

Paul_Chris_noh.jpg
The Knicks top the list of teams Hornets point guard Chris Paul would like to be traded to, according to sources.

The Magic are second on the list, ahead of the Mavericks and Trail Blazers.

In the ideal scenario, Paul wants to team with Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire in New York.

The Knicks signed Stoudemire to a $100 million deal earlier this month. Anthony is under contract with the Nuggets through the 2010-11 season and reports have indicated that he is expected to sign an extension.

"Those guys want to beat the three guys in Miami," a source close to the situation said.

The Hornets have scheduled to face-to-face meeting with Paul on Monday, when he will meet with new general manager Dell Demps for the first time.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wi..._with_hornets_knicks_atop_list/#ixzz0uRV6g4q0

[h1]http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wi...2/paul_to_meet_with_hornets_knicks_atop_list/[/h1]
[h1]Paul To Meet With Hornets, Knicks Atop List[/h1]

Jul 22, 2010 3:26 PM EST

Paul_Chris_noh.jpg
The Knicks top the list of teams Hornets point guard Chris Paul would like to be traded to, according to sources.

The Magic are second on the list, ahead of the Mavericks and Trail Blazers.

In the ideal scenario, Paul wants to team with Carmelo Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire in New York.

The Knicks signed Stoudemire to a $100 million deal earlier this month. Anthony is under contract with the Nuggets through the 2010-11 season and reports have indicated that he is expected to sign an extension.

"Those guys want to beat the three guys in Miami," a source close to the situation said.

The Hornets have scheduled to face-to-face meeting with Paul on Monday, when he will meet with new general manager Dell Demps for the first time.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wi..._with_hornets_knicks_atop_list/#ixzz0uRV6g4q0

the debate on the show is,

Would you skip out on Paul, Okafor (A guarantee) for a POSSIBILITY of Melo next July...

Would you deal Gallo for Paul or pass on Paul and wait out to see what Melo does...

This is scary

the debate on the show is,

Would you skip out on Paul, Okafor (A guarantee) for a POSSIBILITY of Melo next July...

Would you deal Gallo for Paul or pass on Paul and wait out to see what Melo does...

This is scary

Funny thing is Emeka Okafor would be the perfect complement to Amare. Don't worry about the money side of it, if Melo really wants to be in NY he'll come. He's not starving for money he can make up for it in endorsements and titles. All I know is a lineup with CP3, Melo, Amare and Okafor in it = 
eek.gif
Imagine those guys finishing their careers together. There all around the same age and basically in the prime of their careers. Amare would be the savior of New York basketball 
pimp.gif

Funny thing is Emeka Okafor would be the perfect complement to Amare. Don't worry about the money side of it, if Melo really wants to be in NY he'll come. He's not starving for money he can make up for it in endorsements and titles. All I know is a lineup with CP3, Melo, Amare and Okafor in it = 
eek.gif
Imagine those guys finishing their careers together. There all around the same age and basically in the prime of their careers. Amare would be the savior of New York basketball 
pimp.gif

like i said pass on cp3 if we have to get okafor... and no i wouldnt trade gallo because we need him with amare especially if we don't get melo... i think what the knicks should do is offer curry, chandler and draft picks for cp3 and i guess the new gsw players can be put in that mix too... but other than that i would hold out on trading for cp3... because this team is solid enough to make the playoffs... we finally have a decent pg and we have cap space for next summer where we can possibly get parker and melo... and if we miss out on parker, melo, and cp3 we can still get cp3 or derron in 2012 because we have the cap space... so like i said don't jump the gun... knicks finally have flexibility so they should take advantage of it...

like i said pass on cp3 if we have to get okafor... and no i wouldnt trade gallo because we need him with amare especially if we don't get melo... i think what the knicks should do is offer curry, chandler and draft picks for cp3 and i guess the new gsw players can be put in that mix too... but other than that i would hold out on trading for cp3... because this team is solid enough to make the playoffs... we finally have a decent pg and we have cap space for next summer where we can possibly get parker and melo... and if we miss out on parker, melo, and cp3 we can still get cp3 or derron in 2012 because we have the cap space... so like i said don't jump the gun... knicks finally have flexibility so they should take advantage of it...

Back
Top Bottom