**Official 2010 NY knicks pre-season thread** 10/6 vs T-wolves (PARIS) 2PM MSG/NBA TV

i dont care GET CP3 this dude plays DEFENSE, PICKS POCKETS, SCORES, PASSES THE BALL EFFECTIVELY....

CP3 + AMARE =
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i dont care GET CP3 this dude plays DEFENSE, PICKS POCKETS, SCORES, PASSES THE BALL EFFECTIVELY....

CP3 + AMARE =
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'd trade Gallo for CP3...because I'm pretty sure if CP3 ends up in NY, Melo is going to see that and not sign that extension...Melo wants to play for NY, and I believe he's just watching to see what the Knicks are gonna do before he signs or declines that extension...and even if we lose gallo in the CP3 trade we'll get Melo to fill up that position next year so it won't matter...

I'd trade Gallo for CP3...because I'm pretty sure if CP3 ends up in NY, Melo is going to see that and not sign that extension...Melo wants to play for NY, and I believe he's just watching to see what the Knicks are gonna do before he signs or declines that extension...and even if we lose gallo in the CP3 trade we'll get Melo to fill up that position next year so it won't matter...

Originally Posted by you go boy

like i said pass on cp3 if we have to get okafor... and no i wouldnt trade gallo because we need him with amare especially if we don't get melo... i think what the knicks should do is offer curry, chandler and draft picks for cp3 and i guess the new gsw players can be put in that mix too... but other than that i would hold out on trading for cp3... because this team is solid enough to make the playoffs... we finally have a decent pg and we have cap space for next summer where we can possibly get parker and melo... and if we miss out on parker, melo, and cp3 we can still get cp3 or derron in 2012 because we have the cap space... so like i said don't jump the gun... knicks finally have flexibility so they should take advantage of it...
But what if we don't get Derron? What if Melo signs that extension? What if we don't do the trade for CP3 now, he gets traded somewhere else and doesn't sign here in 2012?

I say get Paul now if we can, preferably not involving Gallo (of course not Amar'e). Everybody else can basically go. I'm not a fan of just thinking things will work out just cuz we have the cap space.

I don't want Okafor here with that contract either but we could always trade Felton and a few other players to get cap space for next season (somebody mentioned this earlier). If possible we could work in Peja's contract so we get an expiring one as well. Cuz the way I see it if we get CP3 now it'll be pretty obvious to Melo that he could be on the Knicks and it could actually work out (I'm already assuming those 3 actually talked about it this summer just like the 3 in Miami probably talked about this months in advance).

EDIT

Before I forget

047_allan_houston--300x300.jpg

pimp.gif
Lets hope this works out and he's a successful GM for years to come.

Originally Posted by you go boy

like i said pass on cp3 if we have to get okafor... and no i wouldnt trade gallo because we need him with amare especially if we don't get melo... i think what the knicks should do is offer curry, chandler and draft picks for cp3 and i guess the new gsw players can be put in that mix too... but other than that i would hold out on trading for cp3... because this team is solid enough to make the playoffs... we finally have a decent pg and we have cap space for next summer where we can possibly get parker and melo... and if we miss out on parker, melo, and cp3 we can still get cp3 or derron in 2012 because we have the cap space... so like i said don't jump the gun... knicks finally have flexibility so they should take advantage of it...
But what if we don't get Derron? What if Melo signs that extension? What if we don't do the trade for CP3 now, he gets traded somewhere else and doesn't sign here in 2012?

I say get Paul now if we can, preferably not involving Gallo (of course not Amar'e). Everybody else can basically go. I'm not a fan of just thinking things will work out just cuz we have the cap space.

I don't want Okafor here with that contract either but we could always trade Felton and a few other players to get cap space for next season (somebody mentioned this earlier). If possible we could work in Peja's contract so we get an expiring one as well. Cuz the way I see it if we get CP3 now it'll be pretty obvious to Melo that he could be on the Knicks and it could actually work out (I'm already assuming those 3 actually talked about it this summer just like the 3 in Miami probably talked about this months in advance).

EDIT

Before I forget

047_allan_houston--300x300.jpg

pimp.gif
Lets hope this works out and he's a successful GM for years to come.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Funny thing is Emeka Okafor would be the perfect complement to Amare. Don't worry about the money side of it, if Melo really wants to be in NY he'll come. He's not starving for money he can make up for it in endorsements and titles. All I know is a lineup with CP3, Melo, Amare and Okafor in it = 
eek.gif
Imagine those guys finishing their careers together. There all around the same age and basically in the prime of their careers. Amare would be the savior of New York basketball 
pimp.gif

but we wouldnt even have enough to offer melo 10 million per... a paycut would be an understatement.
Amare's contract, Okafor's contract, and Paul's contract would really cut (deeply might I add)  into  any money we wanna give melo

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Funny thing is Emeka Okafor would be the perfect complement to Amare. Don't worry about the money side of it, if Melo really wants to be in NY he'll come. He's not starving for money he can make up for it in endorsements and titles. All I know is a lineup with CP3, Melo, Amare and Okafor in it = 
eek.gif
Imagine those guys finishing their careers together. There all around the same age and basically in the prime of their careers. Amare would be the savior of New York basketball 
pimp.gif

but we wouldnt even have enough to offer melo 10 million per... a paycut would be an understatement.
Amare's contract, Okafor's contract, and Paul's contract would really cut (deeply might I add)  into  any money we wanna give melo

this is all good, but that Okafor contract is seriously not a good look.. maybe we can work a 3 way trade or something.. ship off Okafor for anything. lol

this is all good, but that Okafor contract is seriously not a good look.. maybe we can work a 3 way trade or something.. ship off Okafor for anything. lol

Back
Top Bottom