*** Official 2010 WWE Royal Rumble Thread - 8pm et Jan 31 PPV (pg 13) ***

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Best of Raw 2009?  That must be a pretty short DVD.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Angel

If Vince would realize he needs to develop new stars and actually find a new face that reached close to cena level sales I think he would have done the heel turn but he has no faith in the current stars to do so

Sorry I'm on west coast delay...

but...

The Miz's mic work is serious. Dude is becoming my favorite wrestler and favorite heel (behond Jericho)

Originally Posted by toine2983

Ninong coming for the throne DSK.
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH AND IT'S TIME FOR A CHANGE!!!
Spoiler [+]
OWEN NINONG 3:16 Say I just broke your neck the news.
Owen%20Hart.jpg

I think NT might be the only place where anybody likes Miz. I think the rest of the WWE Universe (sorry for using that) secretly wishes for the end of his career (myself included).

And as far as Cena goes... if the reports are true about dude's back, he's outta his mind to take a backbreaker from Sheamus. I know dude wants to stay around until WM, but he's gonna end up on that Kurt Angle tip if he doesn't get on that Taker wrestling schedule for a minute.

Originally Posted by BayBuryYa

I think NT might be the only place where anybody likes Miz. I think the rest of the WWE Universe (sorry for using that) secretly wishes for the end of his career (myself included).

And as far as Cena goes... if the reports are true about dude's back, he's outta his mind to take a backbreaker from Sheamus. I know dude wants to stay around until WM, but he's gonna end up on that Kurt Angle tip if he doesn't get on that Taker wrestling schedule for a minute.

I strongly dislike the Miz.

And I like Cena, even though his promos can be very corny at times.

Its amazing the damage these guys do to themselves in a short span of time. Look at dudes injury stats since He started. Nearly blew out his knee, torn bicep, broken neck, now pretty much a broken back.
sick.gif

And don't forget about when JBL ran him over with that car
ohwell.gif
. How did He survive that?

But seriously, this dude needs to rest from Wrestlemania until SummerSlam at least. These guys must not care about walking right at 50.
tired.gif
The body is not meant for being slammed nearly 200 days a year.

raw was prett weak...as always...

any predictions for rr?

i got sheamus beating orton after help from debiase goes wrong..then orton gets debiase eliminated

i have hhh winning the rumble.....and jericho getting speared by edge(who is not a participant ) then getting eliminated

sup NT wrestling heads

now i stopped watching wrestling religiously after the invasion saga...but i channel surf and check out raw here and there...my question for all you wrestling heads...is TNA a threat to WWF the way WCW was?...and is TNA legit?

TNA wants to be a threat to the "E" at this point. Hogan is behind the scenes, along with Eric Bischoff, and is "attempting" to fix up TNA and make it competitive with WWE...

I think their biggest problem is the timing of their show. Monday nights are by far, the biggest ratings draw for wrestling in general, and I think without TNA committing fully to a show on Monday night airing at the same time they will continue to fail...

It's common knowledge that it just seems like no matter how hard Cena tries, he just can't do a promo (Anymore) without sounding corny and hasn't been able to since he dropped the baddass Doctor of Thugonomics Persona. He had something going with The Uber-FACE Chain Gaing Persona (Which was just a moderate modification of Doctor of Thugonomics) but he had to go and start doing the GODDAMN TESTOSTERONE-FEULED, FAKE ENERGY DISPENSATIONAL, OVERDOING-IT-ALL-THE-TIME-WITH-THE-MARINE-MANNERISMS THAT IN ACTUALITY ARE REALLY JUST STOIC CHARACTERISTICS! Seriously, can he at least try not to do that with every promo. Just take it slow. Rock knew how work with timing, too. Almost to the point that he pretty much practically began conducting the crowd's response. 1998 Corporate Heel Rock > ALL (On The Mic) Jericho is a close second as Y2J

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

TNA wants to be a threat to the "E" at this point. Hogan is behind the scenes, along with Eric Bischoff, and is "attempting" to fix up TNA and make it competitive with WWE...

I think their biggest problem is the timing of their show. Monday nights are by far, the biggest ratings draw for wrestling in general, and I think without TNA committing fully to a show on Monday night airing at the same time they will continue to fail...
I disagree.  I think there are pros and cons about being on Monday night, but I don't think that's the issue right now.

In the Pre-Hogan Era, TNA always positioned itself as a wrestling promotion.  Yes, there were far too many goofy segments and and cluster**** matches (Thank you Vince Russo), but at the core, they still promoted their wrestling.  This was clear with their PPVs.  You can say what you want about iMPACT, and I'll be the first to admit I am not a committed viewer, but TNA's PPVs rarely disappointed.

In the Hogan Era, TNA has become not just WWE Jr, but unfortunately they've become WCW Sr.  Every time I tune into TNA, I feel like I'm watching WCW circa 1999-2000.  Hogan and "his boys" are the focal point.  A million different things are going on.  There are tons of insider references that even die hard fans like myself cannot keep up with.  Guys are doing what is in their best interest instead of what is in the best interest of the product.  And with all of this going on, the biggest problem is that everyone is 10 years older than they were in 2000.  When I used to tune into TNA, I wanted to see wrestling.  I don't want to see 50 and 60 year old guys who are fat, out-of-shape, and in some cases can barely walk in the ring going over younger talent with big upsides.

I'm willing to give TNA some more time to work things out, but I think as long as Hogan and his boys are running things, TNA doesn't have a bright outlook.  Yes, having established "names" may help to bump their ratings a few tenths of a point, but in the long run, it will only help to drive the company to its demise.

i still call them WWF 
laugh.gif

what days are TNA's shows?

and is it safe to say TNA is basically WCW 2.0?

I disagree.  I think there are pros and cons about being on Monday night, but I don't think that's the issue right now.

In the Pre-Hogan Era, TNA always positioned itself as a wrestling promotion.  Yes, there were far too many goofy segments and and cluster**** matches (Thank you Vince Russo), but at the core, they still promoted their wrestling.  This was clear with their PPVs.  You can say what you want about iMPACT, and I'll be the first to admit I am not a committed viewer, but TNA's PPVs rarely disappointed.

In the Hogan Era, TNA has become not just WWE Jr, but unfortunately they've become WCW Sr.  Every time I tune into TNA, I feel like I'm watching WCW circa 1999-2000.  Hogan and "his boys" are the focal point.  A million different things are going on.  There are tons of insider references that even die hard fans like myself cannot keep up with.  Guys are doing what is in their best interest instead of what is in the best interest of the product.  And with all of this going on, the biggest problem is that everyone is 10 years older than they were in 2000.  When I used to tune into TNA, I wanted to see wrestling.  I don't want to see 50 and 60 year old guys who are fat, out-of-shape, and in some cases can barely walk in the ring going over younger talent with big upsides.

I'm willing to give TNA some more time to work things out, but I think as long as Hogan and his boys are running things, TNA doesn't have a bright outlook.  Yes, having established "names" may help to bump their ratings a few tenths of a point, but in the long run, it will only help to drive the company to its demise.

when i saw hogan was coming to TNA and now eric bischoff?

yehh that 2000 era of WCW was horrible and that new blood saga was idiotic...is that how you guys see TNA?

Possible Royal Rumble Spoilers...

Spoiler [+]
Source: F4WOnline.com
– Although plans can change very quickly in WWE, the idea over the weekend was that Triple H is the favourite to win the Royal Rumble and receive a title match against Sheamus at WrestleMania.

His DX partner Shawn Michaels’ is expected to face Batista at No Way Out to determine who will battle the Undertaker at WrestleMania .

Then the big interbrand match at WrestleMania would pit John Cena against Batista.

– There was a creative idea run that Michaels and Triple H would tie in the Rumble match, which would allow Michaels to chose Taker and Hunter to chose Sheamus as their respective WrestleMania opponents. The idea was seemingly dropped after creative came up with a new direction.

TNA's biggest problem is the fact that they arn't on monday nights. Period. Everything else is secondary. Sure, they have a lot of cleaning up to do but moving to monday nights permanently should be priority number one. And IMO Hogan+Dixie=Dumb & Dumber.

Well, most of the WWE universe is 10 so them not liking The Miz is a good thing. He is a heel afterall.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

TNA's biggest problem is the fact that they arn't on monday nights. Period. Everything else is secondary. Sure, they have a lot of cleaning up to do but moving to monday nights permanently should be priority number one. And IMO Hogan+Dixie=Dumb & Dumber.
I don't understand how moving to Monday night's is there biggest problem.  TNA only draws 1/3 of Raw's ratings when they are not going head to head with them.  There aren't enough wrestling fans right now to for TNA to be successful head to head against Raw.  It's a losing proposition.  Yes, I know both shows drew good ratings on Jan 4, but that was an anomaly.  TNA needs to focus on their own product and grow their fan base before thinking of going head to head against the WWE.

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

Possible Royal Rumble Spoilers...

Spoiler [+]
Source: F4WOnline.com
– Although plans can change very quickly in WWE, the idea over the weekend was that Triple H is the favourite to win the Royal Rumble and receive a title match against Sheamus at WrestleMania.

His DX partner Shawn Michaels’ is expected to face Batista at No Way Out to determine who will battle the Undertaker at WrestleMania .

Then the big interbrand match at WrestleMania would pit John Cena against Batista.

– There was a creative idea run that Michaels and Triple H would tie in the Rumble match, which would allow Michaels to chose Taker and Hunter to chose Sheamus as their respective WrestleMania opponents. The idea was seemingly dropped after creative came up with a new direction.

tired.gif

I don't understand how moving to Monday night's is there biggest problem.  TNA only draws 1/3 of Raw's ratings when they are not going head to head with them.  There aren't enough wrestling fans right now to for TNA to be successful head to head against Raw.  It's a losing proposition.  Yes, I know both shows drew good ratings on Jan 4, but that was an anomaly.  TNA needs to focus on their own product and grow their fan base before thinking of going head to head against the WWE.
It's their biggest problem because you can't win the fight if you don't show up for it.

Not going to lie, Cena's promo last night with Vince was pretty damn good compared to what he's given us for months now.

rr predictions
jackson def. christian for ecw title
rey def. taker for world title (michaels interfeers causin taker the match)
sheamus def. orton for wwe title (debiase tries to help causin orton the match)
rr match.
winner: hhh
number winner came in: 21
wresler #1: ziggler
wresler #2: bourne
wresler #30: cena
most eliminations: batista
longest time: cm punk
surprise entries: booker t, kurt angle?(imagine if orlando screwjob wasnt fake and angle won th rumble)
shortest time: santino
final four: jericho, hhh, cena, batista
final 2: hhh, batista

during the rr taker gets hbk eliminated (lights go out durin this...then lights come back on nnhbk is outside on the ground)
also dyring the final four, jericho is not lookin n edge comes thru the stands n spears him then hhh eliminates jericho

post your predictions

Well, most of the WWE universe is 10 so them not liking The Miz is a good thing. He is a heel afterall.

I know, but most adults I know who watch wrestling are usually big fans of heels.... but we all DESPISE The Miz.  We've all pretty much despised him since the first day we was a crowd host or whatever on SD.  He irritates the %!*@ outta me like Mr. Kennedy.

Back
Top Bottom