OFFICIAL 2011-2012 LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS SEASON THREAD (Its a wrap. Great season ends)

laugh.gif
that last out of bounds review was laughable though because mo CLEARLY hits the ball when he is out of bounds after terry tips it...had me looking at the TV like there is no way the refs or the people calling the game missed that one but they did
good shot though by billups

Originally Posted by marath0n

I'll be at the game tomorrow sec 101, row 5.. Hopefully CP3 will be back by then.
Those are good seat bro, I was at 115 row 11 last night, will be on 200 section tomorrow though, I doubt CP3 will play tomorrow but it will be entertaining nonetheless with Ricky coming to town

Originally Posted by baik

laugh.gif
that last out of bounds review was laughable though because mo CLEARLY hits the ball when he is out of bounds after terry tips it...had me looking at the TV like there is no way the refs or the people calling the game missed that one but they did
good shot though by billups
Even if I agreed with you about that call, which I don't, I'd still be ok with it because it would have made up for the ridiculous call when the refs gave Dallas the ball after Jason Kidd hacked Billups and forced him out of bounds.  If the refs called Kidd's obvious foul on that play, then that other play never would have happened. 

Went to the game last night, Staples was crackin. Good game, loved the Reggie! chants and the Kardashians getting boo'd everytime they showed them on the big screen.
laugh.gif

Mr. Big Shot and Mo.
pimp.gif

Charles was going in on Griffin last night on TNT, and unfortunately I agree.
He basically said he's the most overrated player and has no offensive game. (something along those lines)

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

He basically said he's the most overrated player and has no offensive game. (something along those lines)
I watched it and he actually ended up taking back the "overrated" comment.  Barkley said Griffin needs to impove a lot on offense, but said he shouldn't have called him overrated.  And both Shaq and Kenny disagreed with what Charles was saying overall about Griffin. 

Its flat out wrong to say he's overrated.  What's he rated?  Nobody (or at least very few people) are saying that Griffin is the best PF in the NBA.  And nobody says his game doesn't need improvement.  What people say is that he is one of the best PFs in the league.  And considering that he's 8th in the NBA in scoring and 4th in rebounding, its pretty indisputable that he is one of the best PFs playing.  So, he's not "overrated."  And anyone who says he has no offensive game hasn't seen him play enough.  He offensive game is still a little unrefined and could use a lot of improvement, but he's not scoring 21 ppg on all lobs, fast breaks and put backs.    

It's only Blake's 2nd season and he's already averaging 20/10. He still has a long way to go to being a complete player and I'm sure he knows that himself. One thing you can't deny is his work ethic so there's a reason to believe that he will eventually develop some post moves and a mid-range jumper.

His offensive game is sloppy, and when I was saying that to a few dudes they pointed out the stats.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by gllahone84

His offensive game is sloppy, and when I was saying that to a few dudes they pointed out the stats.

indifferent.gif
THIS.
Blake may be the most athletic PF in the league but he needs to work on his offensive moveset. Beside the spin move, which teams are clamping down on now, he got nothing. Even if it's just gaining confidence in his mid range shot i'd take that. I would love Blake to be able to stroke the three like K. Love does. I guess i'm just bitter about the loss. 
grin.gif

We definitely need to win to keep some momentum going in to play the Lakers again.

30t6p3b.gif
at chauncey going so early on that last possession.

30t6p3b.gif
at leaving K Love that wide open on the last shot.

30t6p3b.gif
at that foul call + tech on Mo.

laugh.gif
at how fast everybody left after Love hit the shot. As soon as I saw it hit the net I turned around and walked out and like 70% of Staples did, too. We gave that game away
30t6p3b.gif

Everyone is always talking about Blake's offense.  What about the fact that he plays zero defense?  That's what's hurting him and his team the most in my opinion.  He's going to get his numbers off of sheer athleticism and talent now and I hope he works on his offensive game more, but damn the guy doesn't play defense at all.

Originally Posted by SupremeP21

Everyone is always talking about Blake's offense.  What about the fact that he plays zero defense?  That's what's hurting him and his team the most in my opinion.  He's going to get his numbers off of sheer athleticism and talent now and I hope he works on his offensive game more, but damn the guy doesn't play defense at all.

kevin love was 4-15 last night until the buzzer beater he hit. blake checked all game. he has the ability to be a good defender on the ball

all blake needs to do is work on his shot. kinda like how amare did. he is just like amare in his younger days!

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

Originally Posted by SupremeP21

kevin love was 4-15 last night until the buzzer beater he hit. blake checked all game. he has the ability to be a good defender on the ball
I guess from what I've seen, he has the "ability" to be a good defender but more often than not, he isn't.  But that's my opinion.

Originally Posted by bballah3

Mo maybe didnt deserve that foul...but he EARNED that Tech. Guy was an idiot about it.
Have to agree.  Considering he already had a tech, he was asking to get tossed.  But the foul that led to the tech was completely bogus.  

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Originally Posted by erupt107th

We gave that game away
30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif
Yep.  And I was there too, which made it even worse.  I was with my brother and when they put 1.5 on the clock for Minny's possession at the end of regulation, I leaned over and told him that I had a feeling the Wolves were going to score.  I hope the team learns a lesson from this one.  You can't screw around and let teams hang around.  If you don't put them away, you'll eventually take an L like we did last night.  

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Originally Posted by erupt107th

We gave that game away
30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif
Yep.  And I was there too, which made it even worse.  I was with my brother and when they put 1.5 on the clock for Minny's possession at the end of regulation, I leaned over and told him that I had a feeling the Wolves were going to score.  I hope the team learns a lesson from this one.  You can't screw around and let teams hang around.  If you don't put them away, you'll eventually take an L like we did last night.  

That's exactly what I said to myself as soon as Love's shot went down. Sometimes, tough losses like that are necessary for a young team that is still learning how to win. They'll definitely learn from it.

Our defense in late game situations, and in general, needs a ton of improvement, considering how we almost let the Dallas game slip away until Chauncey bailed us out.

Hopefully we can come out with a win tomorrow.....

Back
Top Bottom