OFFICIAL 2011-2012 LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS SEASON THREAD (Its a wrap. Great season ends)

This is exactly what we need from DJ. Playing hard, being in the right spots, and being our defensive anchor. These are the kind of games the team just needs to win.

We need this same effort from DJ & Mo for that next game this Wed
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

We took care of business as we should

Didn't see the game, but I was following it via iPhone. I'm glad we didn't have an repeats of the Nets and Wolves games. We got out to a solid lead and pretty much maintained it. Mo is on a serious roll and has been huge. Great effort from DJ after what I thought was a pretty sub-par performance for him on Friday. Good to have Butler back too -- looks like he was steady as ever. Hopefully, CP's back for the next game and it will be back to full strength.

great game by everyone, Caron played well in the 1st half, DJ had a monster night on the boards and Chauncey had 14 assists, hope CP3 gets well soon

Originally Posted by SupremeP21

Everyone is always talking about Blake's offense.  What about the fact that he plays zero defense?  That's what's hurting him and his team the most in my opinion.  He's going to get his numbers off of sheer athleticism and talent now and I hope he works on his offensive game more, but damn the guy doesn't play defense at all.

Blake does lack a little bit on the defensive side but sometimes I feel like the team as a whole relies a little bit too much on DJ's blocking ability to the point were they'll get beat but think to themselves "it's all good DJ's in the paint" which is cool but it also gets him in foul trouble at times leaving his feet so much. 
On another note I will say i'm glad blake has developed that little midrange though, it helps him out with the defender having to play him straight up rather than sagging down into the key. 

Side bar *I feel at home in this thread* 

<--- clippers fan since pooh richardson days 
pimp.gif

^^^ Welcome JCity. Always good to get new long term Clippers fans in this thread. And I agree with you about the team defense. They do use DJ's shot blocking as crutch a little more often than they should. Hopefully, the coaching staff has picked up on that and is working to get it corrected.

Originally Posted by lawdog1

^^^ Welcome JCity. Always good to get new long term Clippers fans in this thread. And I agree with you about the team defense. They do use DJ's shot blocking as crutch a little more often than they should. Hopefully, the coaching staff has picked up on that and is working to get it corrected.
Thanks MJ & LAW... 
Yeah man VDN needs to address that situation especially since we don't even have another true 5 on the roster, Don't get me wrong I love the small ball but when DJ gets in foul trouble and were relying on either Evans or Cook it's like 
eyes.gif

Lakers tonight should be a good one especially with Paul back 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Lakes tomorrow night fam

= more rest and preparation for CP3

lol you got me on that... working grave yards has my days all twisted haha. 
on another note just read bledsoe could be back the first week of february, my question is where do we find minutes for him? If healthy that our back court is already crowded but insert Bledsoe & how do we go about keeping everyone happy (mainly mo) or could we see mo back in trade rumors once again? Dudes playing lights out right now and could make for some nice trade bait but I'd hate to see him go. 

^^^ Its going to be a wait and see thing with Mo once Bledsoe gets back. Something is going to have to give because the back court is definitely going to be too crowded if everyone is healthy. But if Mo keeps playing like he has been after CP3 is back and Bledsoe gets back in the rotation, it will be hard to justify moving him. Knowing that you have a guy on the bench that's going to easily get 12+ points is a valuable commodity. Mo is guaranteed buckets right now. If Bledsoe also plays well, maybe it will be Foye that loses his minutes. Its going to be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Originally Posted by lawdog1

^^^ Its going to be a wait and see thing with Mo once Bledsoe gets back. Something is going to have to give because the back court is definitely going to be too crowded if everyone is healthy. But if Mo keeps playing like he has been after CP3 is back and Bledsoe gets back in the rotation, it will be hard to justify moving him. Knowing that you have a guy on the bench that's going to easily get 12+ points is a valuable commodity. Mo is guaranteed buckets right now. If Bledsoe also plays well, maybe it will be Foye that loses his minutes. Its going to be interesting to see how it all plays out.
yeah man I definitely think somebody's gonnna end up being butt hurt in this one whether it be the end of the bench or trade, I'm still waiting on us to acquire a big. On a plus side we've got til March 15th (trade deadline) to figure it all out!
now on to the lakers! 

^^^ I get the impression CP is going to play limited minutes tonight. This morning he tweeted, "Gameday!," which I don't really recall him doing before the games he missed.

4-0 against Lakers this season? Haha. I think we'll need CP3 to win tonight...although Billups and Mo can handle the Lakers backcourt, I think we need the CP3-Factor.

Defense is a little bit better tonight, lets hope we can keep things up down the stretch!!!

we had it and we blew it. 

ended the game very sloppy on both sides of the court. Chris was trying to do it all himself on a few possessions down the stretch and he had some guys (mainly caron) wide open on the wings. Blake I know you love the pick and roll & your new found midrange game but my god man DJ needs some help on the boards if we have you outside DJ's all alone by himself trying to crash on 2-3 players. 

It'd be so nice if we could get some scoring out of our 4 & 5's between solomon, reggie & deandre we got 13 points.  

We got another tough one tomorrow against Memphis, lets get at it 
pimp.gif

Bad plays at the end but I'm loving this team more and more each game. The game really came down to one possesion. If Blake hits that 3(idk why that was the play anyway) we're up 1 with a minute left. Instead he "stepped out of bounds" and the. It became a FT contest which the lakers weren't gonna mess up.

Hopefully CP shakes off the rust tomorrow and we take care of the Grizz.

Originally Posted by erupt107th

Bad plays at the end but I'm loving this team more and more each game. The game really came down to one possesion. If Blake hits that 3(idk why that was the play anyway) we're up 1 with a minute left. Instead he "stepped out of bounds" and the. It became a FT contest which the lakers weren't gonna mess up.

Hopefully CP shakes off the rust tomorrow and we take care of the Grizz.

he might have been tiptoeing along the line ala Sean Elliot but the Clippers had a chance and that's all that matters, Lakers were more aggressive in the 4th and got rewarded with more FTA's, I like the fact that there is no love lost between the two teams, CP3 showing that the Clippers are not pushover's anymore, the whole heated exchange at the end was great, can't wait for the next meeting, Let's Go Clippers!

Back
Top Bottom