OFFICIAL 2011-2012 LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS SEASON THREAD (Its a wrap. Great season ends)

Hardwood Classics Night

[table][tr][td]
mem-tam-th.jpg
[/td][td]
mem-tams-uni.jpg
[/td][/tr][tr][td]VERSUS[/td][td]Media Notes »[/td][/tr][tr][td]
stars-sm-th.jpg
[/td][td]
la-stars-uni.jpg
[/td][/tr][/table]

CLIPPERS AIMING TO GET RIGHT BACK ON WINNING TRACK VS. GRIZZLIES IN HARDWOOD CLASSIC MATCH-UP - RYAN MENEZES[table][tr][td]

[/td] [/tr][/table]
Once the adrenaline rush from going toe-to-toe with their down-the-hall rival subsides, the Clippers will be faced with another test nearly as tough when they take on the Memphis Grizzles in a nationally televised game (TNT) at STAPLES Center at 7:30 p.m.
For the Clippers, coming off a night where the lights were low and the emotions were high, a Thursday night matchup with the Memphis Grizzlies could be a good litmus test for how the rest of the season will transpire.

PROBABLE STARTERS
[table][tr][td][table][tr][td]
mem-tam-th.jpg

[/td][td]
mike_conley.jpg

Conley[/td] [td]
tony_allen.jpg

Allen[/td] [td]
rudy_gay.jpg

Gay[/td][td]
marreese_speights.jpg

Speights[/td][td]
marc_gasol.jpg

Gasol[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]PG[/td] [td]SG[/td] [td]SF[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]C[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
stars-sm-th.jpg

[/td] [td]
chris_paul.jpg

Paul[/td][td]
chauncey_billups.jpg

Billups[/td][td]
caron_butler.jpg

Butler[/td] [td]
blake_griffin.jpg

Griffin[/td][td]
deandre_jordan.jpg

Jordan[/td][/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]PG[/td] [td]SG[/td] [td]SF[/td] [td]PF[/td] [td]C[/td] [/tr][/table][/td][/tr][/table]The Clippers (9-6), who still sit atop the Pacific Division standings despite Wednesday’s 96-91 loss to the Lakers, have shown that they can hang with any team on any given night, an emphatic proclamation made by Vice President of Basketball Operations Neil Olshey before the season started that has so far held true.
Now it comes down to whether the Clippers can deal with the ebbs and flows of the season, as quick as it has become.

Before the tip tonight at against the Grizzlies (10-7) at Staples Center, here are some questions the Clippers will have to answer:
[table][tr][td]
release132-120125.jpg

Learn more about the history of L.A.'s ABA franchise! Click here[/td] [/tr][/table]Can this Clippers team learn on the fly?
The Clippers were hammered with questions about their ability to gel prior to the season’s start. The answer is still coming, and a lot of that has to do with the injuries numerous Clippers have suffered. At least one of the Clippers six key rotation players – Chris Paul, Chauncey Billups, Caron Butler, Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan and Mo Williams – has been held out of nine out of their fifteen games. Only Griffin and Jordan have made it through unscathed. With less than half the season to play a whole, healthy unit, the Clippers have been prone to mistakes, especially late in games. They were finally back at full strength Wednesday when Chris Paul made his return, but will have to make adjustments quickly with their group finally together again.
When holding a lead, can the Clippers keep it?
The Clippers once again squandered a lead Wednesday night, one that was slim but was in the hands of the Clippers’ for a majority of the game. They did the same against the Nets on Jan. 16 (an eventual win), the Mavericks on Jan. 18 (a win) and the Timberwolves on Jan. 20 (loss) to make it four occurrences in the last two weeks. Having their All-Star floor general back in Paul helped, but he was forced to play limited minutes against the Lakers. With the lead as slim as it was, the Clippers needed better than the two 20-point quarters they put up after halftime against the Lakers, which just wasn’t enough to win the game.

Can the Grizzlies surprise the Clippers with fresh legs?

The game will be played on the Clippers’ home floor, but the Grizzlies have a slight edge in the freshness department having been idle on Tuesday as they wind down a West Coast road trip. So far this season, the Clippers are 2-1 after playing the previous night. The Grizzlies, a trendy pick to rise in the Western Conference after a captivating run as the No. 8 seed in the playoffs last season, are without their franchise player and former Clippers forward Zach Randolph. Memphis has stayed afloat, but has beaten only two teams with winning records. The last came last week – a surprising 102-86 beat down of the Chicago Bulls. One lesson learned from last season’s playoffs: Don’t sleep on the Grizzlies.

anyone ever been to a Clippers Chalk Talk?

I believe there is one tonight. First experience with it myself. Gotta admit, I'm pretty excited.

Anyone got any questions they would like me to ask the staff that I can post up answers on later tonight or tomorrow?

Tough loss hate going back to work after the lakers beat us, only clipper fan amongst a sea of purple and gold.

Originally Posted by REDUCE523

Tough loss hate going back to work after the lakers beat us, only clipper fan amongst a sea of purple and gold.
I know exactly how you feel bro, I just got into the office & I was greeted immediately by four different laker "fans" before i event sat down in my chair haha...
I saw tickets were going for as low as 4 bucks to tonights game, damn i wish i lived in LA sometimes.

Is it me or are Lakers fans getting salty they are not the kings of LA and are actually fighting for the throne.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

I need that griff stars swingman asap!

this right here, does anyone know if they're gonna dropping retail by chance?
MO is killin it!!!

Blake still isn't rebounding but meh what else is new. please don't fall off while attempting to close this clips.

Ugly win, but we got it. Very good all around performance by Blake, Mo stayed hot and CP and Caron were both solid. Everyone else was just ok for the most part. Still, this was a big win considering the schedule we have coming up.

^^^ And they said on TNT that the throwback jerseys are available on NBA.com @ the NBA store.

Los Angeles Clippers vs. Memphis Grizzlies
Los Angeles Stars vs. Memphis Tams /// 1-26-2012 /// (Photos)

39875610150540332923463.jpg

Spoiler [+]
memlac1201261.jpg

memlac-120126-2.jpg

999xu.jpg

999xn.jpg

999xu.jpg

x999l.jpg
5933976.jpg

5933938.jpg
5933932.jpg

5933826.jpg
5933942.jpg

memlac-120126-4.jpg

memlac-120126-5.jpg

memlac-120126-11.jpg

memlac-120126-12.jpg

memlac-120126-10.jpg

5933922.jpg
5933830.jpg

5933954.jpg
5933840.jpg

5933834.jpg

Rihanna @ Clippers-Grizzlies Los Angeles Stars vs Memphis Tams
x999t.jpg

ABA, throwback jerseys, hardwood classics night, Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Deandre Jordan, Chauncey Billups, Caron Butler, Mo Williams, Randy Foye, Ryan Gomes, Solomon Jones,
Rudy Gay, OJ Mayo, Marc Gasol, Tony Allen, Marquese Speights, Mike Conley, Josh Selby, Hamed Haddadi,

^^^ Dang, Rhianna's like a regular at Clippers' games now. Its perfect, she fits right in with Billy Crystal, Frankie Muniz and Kadeem Hardison, our other "celebrity" regulars. LOL. I just hope she's not dating one of our players, based on what I remember about how Matt Kemp performed when he was with her.

^Naw homie that one trick pony attends laker games too. Don't let the smooth taste fool you homes
laugh.gif

She has bandwagon written all over her klingon dome!
Solomon Jones rocking Chicago 10's
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Rihanna is baaaadddd
30t6p3b.gif

Anyhow, just read that Bledsoe has one more game left in the D-League and should be back for the Denver game on Sunday. I'm really interested in seeing how VDN is going to spread the minutes around...

BTW, anyone else glad to see the T-Wolves doing pretty decent so far this year?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
..... Obviously, so far, I know we got the better end of the CP3 trade, but I'm still intrigued to see where that pick lands in next year's draft.

Originally Posted by lawdog1

^^^ And they said on TNT that the throwback jerseys are available on NBA.com @ the NBA store.

yeah been peepin the online store & haven't seen anything yet but maybe later on when they have everyone in the office. 

Haggard first half but we're hangin in there! Chauncey having a big game in the home coming & I swear DeAndre is the only guy I know that can pick up fouls on practically back to back plays lol 

Clips picked up a nice road win tonight over the Nuggets in Chauncey's Denver homecoming. Tomorrow's game against the Thunder should be fun

Huge road win. Chauncey and CP3 with the veteran leadership down the stretch. No time for rest, another tough test tomorrow.

Solid ROAD W!!
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

We will need this same leadership and focus outta those guys tomorrow night. Also, I pray that BG & DJ can dominate in the paint and knock down their FT's. Stopping KD will be a tall order so we best key in on stopping everyone else.
happy.gif

Hell yeah nice win clips *daps & pounds all around* 
pimp.gif

Tomorrow should be a good one, Hopefully we can dominate the paint on both sides of the court! Evans put the cuffs on KD please!!!

Originally Posted by JCity

Hell yeah nice win clips *daps & pounds all around* 
pimp.gif

Exactly.  About time we stepped up with a big road win and got it done in this one.  No let downs tomorrow against OKC. 

Back
Top Bottom