OFFICIAL 2011-2012 LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS SEASON THREAD (Its a wrap. Great season ends)

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

laugh.gif
double ot?
NAHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm way to irritated to say anything intelligent about the game today. Can't believe how that went down. We need to seriously bounce back with two Ws before the ASG.

Originally Posted by doosta45

GOMES! Don't let dudes inbound the ball ANYMORE, ever!
Seriously.... Passed the ball a bit too soon.

I don't know why VDN insists on having him inbound the ball during crucial moments of the game... I thought he would've learned after the Philly game.

To lose in this fashion after fighting back from being down 15 definitely hurts
ohwell.gif

^ bruh this game hurts so bad. Was at the bar with spurs fans. Duncan with his two misses and all we had to do was inbound the ball. Simple inbound. Gomes is the homie, but he only needs to come in during blowouts or to close out the 2nd/3rd qtr.

Frustrated. Whelp im going to the game on Wednesday, ordered a Lob City crew neck. Hopefully I get it before the game.

Anyone know where one can get the shorts from the throwback uniforms? baby blue and red are my colors!

Originally Posted by doosta45

GOMES! Don't let dudes inbound the ball ANYMORE, ever!

Gomes has been a liability even before we acquired CP & Billups. I wanted him gone last season.
mad.gif

Well after watching the game over and last couple minutes that lead to OT, wouldn't say Gomes was 100% at fault. Cp3 fumbled the ball and trying not to get a backcourt just threw the ball up. If Cp3 wouldn't have fumbled it we could have closed the game out. Also the reason Gomes is in, is due to his FT%. Has to be the ONLY reason, the only.

If he would have thrown the ball straight to the spurs side and it not touch the clips half, is that still backcourt? Because Cp3 touched it on the frontcourt before the fumble and jump then just threw it up.

But that was a real tough loss, worst than cleveland. Came back twice, but just had a mental breakdown at the end. Oh well on to the next game!

^^^ Thanks for that, champ. We'll see what happens when 3/9 rolls around. I'm sure the Clips will have that one circled on their calendars now.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Hope we can take it out on DEN tomorrow night.
We better.  If we go into all-star weekend on a 3 game losing streak, I will be displeased, to say the least. 

^^^ That one's easy: another 6'-5'" to 6'7" wing player that can play good defense and hit open jump shots. That's the only thing the team is clearly missing at this point. Someone like Courtney Lee, but I don't know if Lee is quite good enough to make us a legit contender. But I don't know if there's anyone like him, but better, that we could aquire without giving up a significant piece.

Originally Posted by lawdog1

^^^ That one's easy: another 6'-5'" to 6'7" wing player that can play good defense and hit open jump shots. That's the only thing the team is clearly missing at this point. Someone like Courtney Lee, but I don't know if Lee is quite good enough to make us a legit contender. But I don't know if there's anyone like him, but better, that we could aquire without giving up a significant piece.

With Chauncy coming back next year do we wait or make moves. I am sure we have some pieces we can move. I thought the same thing an Ariza type player. How far does everyone think we will go this year??

I wouldn't be too sold on Chauncey coming back. It's hard for someone in their prime to come back from an achilles tear... can you imagine how hard it will be for someone in the twilight of their career?

As long as the core keeps improving the Clippers will be fine moving forward, hopefully they can pick up someone like a Wilson Chandler or JR Smith to spark the bench.

On a side note, what does Deandre Jordan do during the offseason? This guy has been in the league for 4 years and he can't do anything on the offensive side of the ball besides catch lobs.

From what I know its hard to come back from an achilles injury. The Clips are stacked but if they dont make noise I dont think Paul will stay. We have to make a run this or the next if we want to keep this core together. The west is not a gimme either, we have to get through the Thunder, Lakers, there are not pushover teams.

Just sparking conversation, feels good to finally be able to talk about a championship as a clipper fan.

Originally Posted by REDUCE523

So what do you guys think we need to make a championship run??

I like the thought of adding a wing player to fill in for Caron, for me I think we need to solidify as a defensive unit (not use dj so much as a crutch) and please crash boards. I'd also like to see us run a set offense, I love the pick and rolls they definitely provide for exciting plays but my god I swear at time we're so stagnate on the offensive end it's ridiculous.
in a tough one right now, i hope we pull it out!

Wilson Chandler would be an excellent stretch 4 to replace Gomes minutes. I read somewhere that six teams were talking to him I wonder if we're one of the six.

20-11
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Wilson Chandler would be an excellent stretch 4 to replace Gomes minutes. I read somewhere that six teams were talking to him I wonder if we're one of the six.

20-11

don't get me excited... good win!
*daps and pounds* 
pimp.gif

On the surface, with the Nuggets so depleted, its hard to get too excited about this win. But Karl is a very good coach and has his guys play hard and execute. So, I give credit to our team for gutting this one out, particular with Caron, Mo and Foye struggling from the field so much. CP3 and Blake were great and DJ had his best game in a while. He can really be a force -- but there's just too many times he's a non-factor. But all things considered, I'm pretty happy with where we are right now.

Leading the division at the all-star break feels good, especially since I think we can still improve a lot.

20-11
I kind of doubt we're in the mix for Chandler since we have so little money to offer anyone at this point.  I don't see him coming in here for the vets minimum.  

Originally Posted by lawdog1

On the surface, with the Nuggets so depleted, its hard to get too excited about this win. 

I feel the exact same way.

The past three games basically reinforces how much this team misses Chauncey's presence on the floor
ohwell.gif

Back
Top Bottom