OFFICIAL 2011-2012 LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS SEASON THREAD (Its a wrap. Great season ends)

Originally Posted by djkaos23

Beasley torched us. Derrick had the best game of his young career and Webster was having Portland flashbacks. They didnt miss in the 4th. We need a combo guard/sf BAD
This.  We just had no real scoring threat last night other than Blake and CP and it really hurt, especially in the 4th quarter.  That, combined with Williams and Beasley going nuts, was enough to do us in.  If we don't pick up another wing that can help and Butler doesn't get his !@#$ together quick, this is going to be a long March. 

Caron, Mo and the rest of the bench had an off night. #*%# happens!
I expect that Sac game to be a blowout win no excuses.

Great Game from the bench tonight. Bobby Simmons was great, Foye hitting big shots, INSTANT-MO found his stroke, and finally Caron seem to be getting back into form. CP3 was same old CP3 22 and 9. Blake was headed towards a big game but the bench stepped up and we didnt need him to score big. Kenyon was hitting the jumpers. Glad to see Simmons showing why we gave him a shot.

Now what caught me was during a timeout i heard one of the announcers say there is a new rumor swirling around about Ray Allen or Paul Pierce possible trade to the our squad. Anybody got news on this or is it just a rumor and has not weight to it.

^^^ The comments during the game were the first thing I've heard of any Clippers-Celtics trade. Early today, one of the Clippers writers I follow on Twitter said it was unlikely the team would make a move before the deadline. So i don't really know what to think.

But as for the game tonight, best performance by the team in a while. Great contributions from up and down the roster and a very good defensive effort in the 4th quarter, particularly by the bench. Pretty much everyone showed up tonight and when that happens, we are pretty damn good. Let's hope we see the same thing next game v. Phoenix.

If we DEFEND, we can beat anybody. Its all about defense right now. Like Mike Smith said scoring isnt a issue all the time its the defensive lapse we have. This game should've been a 15 plus point win but I aint greedy I'll take the win any way it comes.

To me Phoenix may not have the same players from a few years ago but they still prefer to get out and run and shoot the 3. Make them play a half court game and play DEFENSE and we win. Just that simple. We have to have at least 80% of the same production from tonight from our bench too. Blake should be a beast tomorrow against phoenix. He should have 25 and 10 no problem

Was great to see Bobby Simmons out there draining jumpers like old times. Those XIII PEs are probably from when he first played with the Clippers
laugh.gif

Bobby Simmons
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Plus nobody else really played huge min so the next game vs Suns should be winnable.

If Sugar Ray or Truth come to our squad
nerd.gif

Any new news on these sugar Ray or P-twice rumors??? I would love to have Ray on our team to make a run.

Plus Ray is a expiring contract. Wouldn't that open up cap space for next year. Especially if a trade happens involving Mo, who's due a hefty amount next year.

CP3, Ray, Caron, Beast, DJ. Man that's quite a starting 5 to have. Foyer goes back to strengthen the bench.

I just went to ESPN trade machine to mess around and the first trade was successful. We get Sugar Ray and Pietrus for Mo ans Gomes. Trade machine said successful. Do it Oshley lol. Man that would really put us as a top contender for a title run.

I actually like that trade scenario. We would end up with depth and height @ the 2 spot. Not sure if Boston would want Gomes back.
laugh.gif

^^^ Not sure anyone would want Gomer back in a trade.

I'd love to have Allen, but my gut tells me its not going to happen. But if Simmons has another game against PHX like he did last night, I'm going to start feeling more excited about that signing.

I missed the game last night from the highlights i saw and chatter amongst clip nation sounds like everything looked good.

watching tonights right now and our bench is looking pretty good with kenyon holding it down thus far, hoping we build a lead before half.

hadn't heard anything on a possible clips-celts transaction but I for one would be down to acquire ray, he'd be amazing to watch along side cp and the rest of the squad.

Bad loss last night. Putting Hill on CP3 really disrupted our offense and we just didn't have an answer. Plus Blake had a very subpar game. Our bench was actually the one bright spot for the game, Martin in particular, so you know it was a performance to forget. I'm hoping for a much better effort against Houston tomorrow. But the bottom line is right now that we're pretty much a .500 team, capable of beating any team in the league, but also capable of losing to any team in the league . . . outside of maybe the Wiz and Charlotte.

Today just turned into a must win with the Lakers beating the Heat. We gotta hold them at bay in the division. Gonna be a tuff game but its very winnable. If Blake can have a dominate Game and CP3 make Lowry work hard on the defensive end and the Bench produce like they have in the last 2 we should be fine.

Watching the clippers is good entertainment, but Mike Smith makes it tough to listen to the audio........they should just let Ralph call games by himself
30t6p3b.gif

What a game!

We still made stupid mistakes but we also made some big plays. (That Blake steal was HUGE)

My heart dropped when Kmart took the 3. It looked good the whole way.

With how tired we looked tonight I wouldn't be surprised if we lose tomorrow which means we might go 0-3 vs MIN
30t6p3b.gif

Payback would be sweet tho.

^^^ Yeah, so up and down right now, I'm expecting an L against Minny right now. But I'm sure the team has to be pissed about how the last game against the Wolves went.

Needed win tonight. Not pretty in any way and you could even say we kind of backed in to it, but whatever. I'll take it. Blake is definitely slumping offensively and doesn't look quite like himself, but he still made some big plays down the stretch. CP3 wasn't quite as clutch as he usually is, but he did enough. Another solid performance by Kenyon off the bench too.

I hope we don't drop a third one again minny.

last night was a scrap, the boys are loooking like their sufferening from an all star game hangover or whatnot.

Kenyon came up big for us the past couple games, i love it.

is anyone else noticing caron's slump as of late?yesterday: 14 & 2 on 33% shooting 9 & 8 30% 13 & 2 45% 2 & 4 10% 6 & 5 36% 8 & 4 30% 13 % 4 36% feb 16th: 6 & 0 33%

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

Caron = Gomes 2.0
sick.gif
Its the sad truth right now.  And its so disappointing because he was playing like an all-star to begin the season.  He's really the main reason we're only playing .500 ball right now.  Sure, Foye is erratic, but if Caron was still putting up at least 15 a game and was a consistent threat from 3, I know we would have won at least a few the games we've dropped recently, considering most of them have been close.  I don't know what the deal is with him, but he seems to have totally lost confidence in his shot.  If he get's right, we should get back to playing more like .700 ball.

And we better win tomorrow to at least salvage .500 on this trip because I have serious doubts we'll be able to go into San Antonio on the last game of a 6 game trip and pull out a W.    

Back
Top Bottom