OFFICIAL 2011-2012 LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS SEASON THREAD (Its a wrap. Great season ends)

Originally Posted by LARidah23

Originally Posted by lawdog1

On the surface, with the Nuggets so depleted, its hard to get too excited about this win. 

I feel the exact same way.

The past three games basically reinforces how much this team misses Chauncey's presence on the floor
ohwell.gif
Yeah, and it also reinforces that if just making the playoffs isn't good enough and we want a chance of actually advancing to later rounds, we can't just stand pat.  We need to add a wing player.  I like Foye as a back-up, but he's too inconsistent as a starter.  Plus, we definitely need more size at the SG/SF positions for defensive reasons.  If nothing pans out and we have to live with the current roster, so be it, I won't be too upset.  But I really hope Olshey can pull something off before the trade deadline. 

Being a realist, i say we have like 5% chance of winning te championship this year. Winning a series or two would be important tho to show CP3 and Blake that we're close to the ultimate goal. Also, this should entice other FA's next season (back up SF maybe another backup big) and next year we can be real contenders. It would also help if he have an entire offseason to get an offensive gameplan because so far it seems that our 4th Q play is "chris take the ball and do something good".

I love the excitement around staples and inside on game nights. People being ecited about the clippers
pimp.gif

Im gonna have the night off on March 11th s GSW. Gonna be in 106, row 16
pimp.gif
anyone else planning on going to that game?

Originally Posted by LARidah23

On the surface, with the Nuggets so depleted, its hard to get too excited about this win. 

I feel the exact same way.

The past three games basically reinforces how much this team misses Chauncey's presence on the floor
ohwell.gif
Yeah, and it also reinforces that if just making the playoffs isn't good enough and we want a chance of actually advancing to later rounds, we can't just stand pat.  We need to add a wing player.  I like Foye as a back-up, but he's too inconsistent as a starter.  Plus, we definitely need more size at the SG/SF positions for defensive reasons.  If nothing pans out and we have to live with the current roster, so be it, I won't be too upset.  But I really hope Olshey can pull something off before the trade deadline. 

Hopefully we can do addition by subtraction i.e. Cook, Gomes and possibly send Leslie to the NBDL.

^^^ Yeah, I don't get why their keeping Leslie around just to sit on the bench. They kept sending Willie Warren down to the D-league last year, so why not Leslie. I think he'd benefit more from actually playing than sitting and watching games every night.

Anyway, in true NT spirit, I picked myself a pair of the CP3.Vs in red/white today to celebrate All-Star Weekend. Nice shoes.

^^^ I read that statement and I thought I must have clicked on the first page or something from back in the day when he was orignally with us lmao bobby simmons round deux, interesting.haven't seen or heard his name in awhile so I dunno how exactly to feel about this signing haha I've never really been too impressed with him, don't really understand the signing but maybe the scouts are seeing something in him still? maybe setting our selves up to move gomes? i dunno my brains definitely disoriented after reading this one, someone put the puzzle together for me!

Not sure what Simmons has left, but I was a huge fan of his game when he was previously with us.

Decent defender, average midrange game.

With that said, it's only a 10-day contract, so who knows if he'll even get any time on the court.

^^^ This Simmons signing is not the move the team is making to sure up the wing spot. Its a more than likely temporary thing just to get some wing help. I'm sure Olshey is still working on some other things. And at the end of the day, it doesn't seem likely that Simmons could be worse than Gomes, so what's the risk? Nothing. I have no problem with the signing whatsoever.

yeah I guess i'm looking into it a little too much since it is in fact a 10 day contract, guess will have to see it play out he should see some burn with the kings & phx up so we can see exactly whats going on with him...wilson chandler *sigh* he'd be such a nice fit.

Originally Posted by mjshoefanatic

If L-O don't return to Dallas do yall think we should make a run @ him??

I dont think its what we need, is he a good player but we need a shooting guard. Does anyone know how much cap we have left??

With the success of the team do you guys think CP3 Blake is for the long term??

^^^ If Odom got bought out by the Mavs, I think we could sign him for whatever he'd accept. He'd be an unrestricted FA. That said, the Mavs have said they have no intention of buying him out. I don't think he's going anywhere. If he was bought out though, I wouldn't be opposed to the Clippers looking at him. He can play all the positions between 3-5, so I could see him fitting in with our team.

I know its only the first game back since the AS break, but we need this one. The schedule is about to get pretty brutal, so we need to take care of business in all home games against teams with worse records than ours.

Damn I thought we were coming back hard. We arent even being talked about taking the West anymore. I dont know if its VDN's fault but we have the talent and are not playing to expectations.

Beasley torched us. Derrick had the best game of his young career and Webster was having Portland flashbacks. They didnt miss in the 4th. We need a combo guard/sf BAD

Back
Top Bottom