OFFICIAL 2012 LOS ANGELES DODGERS THREAD : 68-58 Dodgers/BoSox complete minimal trade

DodgersGM ‏@DodgersGM
Thirty minutes to go till the trade deadline passes. But I'm hungry so I'm going to lunch. #Dodgers

:lol: :lol:

:smh:

read a report earlier that we landed dempster and were finalizing the deal, now i come back and he's going to the rangers instead? :stoneface:

I never heard of Webster I guess he must be good. We have Ted and Rubby coming back soon so I have no problem with it.

Eff it, claim him. As others on TBLA and BP have stated, at that salary he's about what arms are currently are going for. In a short series he'd be a beast, and would pay for himself that quickly.

Why not?

Only owed about $2 million and is a FA in the off season, for a PTBNL and Cash, low risk move and Blanton is an innings eater and probably better than what we have in the back end of the rotation now.

Rotation: Kershaw, Billingsley, Harang, Capuano, Lilly (DL) and Blanton.

Someone put a claim in for Cliff Lee... interesting...

Yeah now that I think about it, Blanton does improve our team. Doesn't walk too many batters. Pretty much got him for nothing.

I suspect the Diamondbacks claimed Lee. Kevin Towers is known for blocking teams. They have nothing to lose by claiming him and want him away from the Dodgers.

whoops. guess the D'backs didnt claim Lee. It was the Dodgers! But seems unlikely a deal will be done. They would probably want Zach Lee/Webster among others.

Towers is known for blocking deals, but he's been burned before so don't think he was going to take a chance on taking on $95 + million.

Diamondbacks budget isn't built to take that.

Knew the Dodgers were the team claiming Lee, only big market team taking on money along with the Yankees, Rangers and Angels.

Ain't no way in the world phillies were gonna let him go, he was pulled off the waiver wire asap

^^I haven't seen him being pulled in any report i've read thus far

EDIT: Nevermind, just hit up ESPNLA, it's cool

They'll do it again, and have the same outcome

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom